[Q&A][Discussion]Xdabbeb's Camera Mod

OP XxZombiePikachu

18th October 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 30

156 posts
Appreciate your work
Buyed the app , but I have some questions.
In General settings , all those settings is available as ,,On'' when I don't buy the app? Or it's extra mods/features that can be switched off/on now?
19th October 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
HDR video
Thank you for the app and lg settings. Just using sinate mod for higher bitrates. The
Quality is good and all, but HDR video would be amazing. Do you have any possibilities to get it on kitkat? Thanks and sorry my bad English.
21st October 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #113  

0 posts
G 2 xdabbeb's camera mod
Sorry for asking such a noob question but i just downloaded xdabbeb's camera mod for the lg g2 v 5.1.2 latest one, and found the 4k very pixelated during playback and notice some lagging too. I dont want to root my lg g2 , is there any chance of another version apk file of the same camera mod which i can just install and not fiddle with unzipping it and extracting. If i do have to unzip or extract the file which i need, can someone guide me pls.... Im no good at this thanks in advance!
21st October 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #114  

1 posts
I had same problem which solved after I rooted my phone. Rooting is easy but I know it will void your warranty... Maybe factory reset helps?
21st October 2014, 07:06 PM   |  #115  

0 posts
XCam failure & uncaring developer
I downloaded XCamLG_512_g2.apk to my UNROOTED LG G2 (Open 32GB Germany) to try. I have un-ticked the "Unknown sources" box and installed it. After that I started to get notification text (appears for a few seconds and dissapears) as "Failed to initialize camera" however camera was working without a problem so I ignored that.

After a few weeks I personally did not see any difference between this app and the original one so I decided to uninstall it and so I would get rid of the irritating notification message as well. Hah... Not that easy!!! I unistalled the app from System settings=>General=>Apps=>All.

The notification message did not dissappear and from time to time I still get that annoying "Failed to initialize camera" message at the bottom of the screen. On top of that after I uninstalled the app my alarm went crazy! When you snooze the alarm it does not goes off any more evenwhen you pull the status bar from the top you see the notification sayin the alarm is snoozed for an earlier time but never goes off!

So, as a regular user I checked the main page of the developer and there it was:

What to do if you have a problem:
Post very clear/exact steps to reproduce the problem here along with any pertinent log files or email them to info@bellabytes.com.

That is just what I did. And the developer replied asking for order number from Google Play and denying the problem with my alarm is becasue of the app XCam LG. well may be. I replied to say that I did not buy the app from Goole Play and I have downloaded it from his/her XDA Developers page... That was the last time I hear from this developer.

I thought the main idea of open source was to share things which is also basically the main reason you developers do exist and so this page and community. If you as developers are not going to reply or be helpfull to people who enjoys your work and respect you but did not paid money for your apps or mod or whatever then go and work for Microsoft or worse Apple, do not touch Android, do not use XDA Developers to attract people to earn money. I understand you need some sort of a financial support but that's why donations exist and that's why this community is so humble in its own way. Do not pretend!!!

Now is there anybody who can help me to revert the changes that this useless app has done to my fully working phone and make me happy and respectfull to what you're doing?

Thank you in advance.
21st October 2014, 08:02 PM   |  #116  

2 posts
Stock VS98024A - Which to download?
Which advanced camera binary do I need to download for Verizon VS98024A stock rooted? TIA
22nd October 2014, 04:00 PM   |  #117  

2 posts
So if I am on stock rooted VS98024A software, I don't need to do anything but install the apk? I don't need any of the advanced binaries? Once I do that, I can get the app from the play store and tweak the settings as needed? Sorry, I am not a NEWB to this just for some reason this one has me stumped.
22nd October 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 1,502

2,165 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mertgor

I downloaded XCamLG_512_g2.apk to my UNROOTED LG G2 (Open 32GB Germany) to try. I have un-ticked the "Unknown sources" box and installed it. After that I started to get notification text (appears for a few seconds and dissapears) as "Failed to initialize camera" however camera was working without a problem so I ignored that.

After a few weeks I personally did not see any difference between this app and the original one so I decided to uninstall it and so I would get rid of the irritating notification message as well. Hah... Not that easy!!! I unistalled the app from System settings=>General=>Apps=>All.

The notification message did not dissappear and from time to time I still get that annoying "Failed to initialize camera" message at the bottom of the screen. On top of that after I uninstalled the app my alarm went crazy! When you snooze the alarm it does not goes off any more evenwhen you pull the status bar from the top you see the notification sayin the alarm is snoozed for an earlier time but never goes off!

So, as a regular user I checked the main page of the developer and there it was:

What to do if you have a problem:
Post very clear/exact steps to reproduce the problem here along with any pertinent log files or email them to info@bellabytes.com.

That is just what I did. And the developer replied asking for order number from Google Play and denying the problem with my alarm is becasue of the app XCam LG. well may be. I replied to say that I did not buy the app from Goole Play and I have downloaded it from his/her XDA Developers page... That was the last time I hear from this developer.

I thought the main idea of open source was to share things which is also basically the main reason you developers do exist and so this page and community. If you as developers are not going to reply or be helpfull to people who enjoys your work and respect you but did not paid money for your apps or mod or whatever then go and work for Microsoft or worse Apple, do not touch Android, do not use XDA Developers to attract people to earn money. I understand you need some sort of a financial support but that's why donations exist and that's why this community is so humble in its own way. Do not pretend!!!

Now is there anybody who can help me to revert the changes that this useless app has done to my fully working phone and make me happy and respectfull to what you're doing?

Thank you in advance.

1. there is a co-app for the camera which is to be found on google play which is a settings app for all the functions. It's paid but has nothing to do directly with the camera.

2. why didn't you ask the question in this thread ?

reverting the changes = just uninstall the app since it can't touch any system files and isn't related to your alarm etc.

I only think he thought you are using the LG CAM app(the addon) and didn't pay for it.

But let's wait for the OP, no need to attack.

cheers
Yesterday, 01:14 AM   |  #119  

1 posts
Driver Verification
I just installed OptimusG3 1.4 Rom and the dev said that the Advanced drivers are not updated. So I downloaded and flashed the Advanced Drivers 1.01 for g3 roms, how will i be able to verify if the drivers are installed and updated properly? Thank you!
Today, 04:03 PM   |  #120  
Flag Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 919

1,170 posts
Donate to Me
More
@xdabbeb - i forgot to ask this

how come that image saturation settings don't work on G3 ported roms while they work without a problem in other camera apps like ported Lenovo Camera & Camera FV-5

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camera, focus, lg g2, mod, q&a
Previous Thread Next Thread