FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Cannot update prl after activating service with Straight Talk

24th February 2014, 10:17 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 774
 
More
Yes MIN is the same as MSID. You needed to program the numbers through a CDMA flashing program to get rid of the HFA nag. Now that you've programmed them through the phone...I'm not too sure how you're going to deal with the HFA. Yes, you disabled it, but you also disabled the ability to update the profile which is what you need to do for your data to work...
The Following User Says Thank You to ecs87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
5th March 2014, 06:14 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Success!
Success!! Here's what I did...Found an old Sprint prl file and copied it to sd card. Flashed Digiblur Rom which includes ability to write a prl file in settings. Used root explorer to go in and rename Sprint Update apk so that it would temporarily deactivate. Updated prl to the one on sd card through Digirom. Went back in and "reactivated" Sprint update apk. This activated the HFA immediately and promptly updated the profile and prl to the correct one for sprint (since straight talk BYOP uses those) and voila.. voice, mms and internet are now working perfectly. The issue seemed to be that HFA was changing MSL to 0000006503. Simply correcting it was not enough. I had to roll back the prl to make it update correctly. It updated it back to the 2010 that it was before and updated the profile as well. I like Digiblur Rom but decided to go with Paranoid Android rom instead. I'm loving it. May try a 4.4 next. I'm running Kit Kat on my Nexus Tab and I like it. Until this fiasco, I hadn't rooted my Note 2. Forgot how much fun roms can be. Used to play with them all the time on my HTC Evo. See screenshot of my success; unfortunately showing 3g in screenshot. LTE is spotty in my area so at times I'm reduced to 3g inside my home but I'm on wifi at home anyway.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-03-05 05.57.07.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	2614038  
28th May 2014, 11:45 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherryluv5

Success!! Here's what I did...Found an old Sprint prl file and copied it to sd card. Flashed Digiblur Rom which includes ability to write a prl file in settings. Used root explorer to go in and rename Sprint Update apk so that it would temporarily deactivate. Updated prl to the one on sd card through Digirom. Went back in and "reactivated" Sprint update apk. This activated the HFA immediately and promptly updated the profile and prl to the correct one for sprint (since straight talk BYOP uses those) and voila.. voice, mms and internet are now working perfectly. The issue seemed to be that HFA was changing MSL to 0000006503. Simply correcting it was not enough. I had to roll back the prl to make it update correctly. It updated it back to the 2010 that it was before and updated the profile as well. I like Digiblur Rom but decided to go with Paranoid Android rom instead. I'm loving it. May try a 4.4 next. I'm running Kit Kat on my Nexus Tab and I like it. Until this fiasco, I hadn't rooted my Note 2. Forgot how much fun roms can be. Used to play with them all the time on my HTC Evo. See screenshot of my success; unfortunately showing 3g in screenshot. LTE is spotty in my area so at times I'm reduced to 3g inside my home but I'm on wifi at home anyway.

Having the same problem too. Where did you find the old Sprint PRL file? Thanks
14th August 2014, 09:41 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Flag Lilburn, GA
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Thanks for the info but...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherryluv5

Success!! Here's what I did...Found an old Sprint prl file and copied it to sd card. Flashed Digiblur Rom which includes ability to write a prl file in settings. Used root explorer to go in and rename Sprint Update apk so that it would temporarily deactivate. Updated prl to the one on sd card through Digirom. Went back in and "reactivated" Sprint update apk. This activated the HFA immediately and promptly updated the profile and prl to the correct one for sprint (since straight talk BYOP uses those) and voila.. voice, mms and internet are now working perfectly. The issue seemed to be that HFA was changing MSL to 0000006503. Simply correcting it was not enough. I had to roll back the prl to make it update correctly. It updated it back to the 2010 that it was before and updated the profile as well. I like Digiblur Rom but decided to go with Paranoid Android rom instead. I'm loving it. May try a 4.4 next. I'm running Kit Kat on my Nexus Tab and I like it. Until this fiasco, I hadn't rooted my Note 2. Forgot how much fun roms can be. Used to play with them all the time on my HTC Evo. See screenshot of my success; unfortunately showing 3g in screenshot. LTE is spotty in my area so at times I'm reduced to 3g inside my home but I'm on wifi at home anyway.

Im happy this worked for you. I believe you have to have an older Android OS to make the trick work. My question is, how can we make this work with a 4.4.2 OS? Much thanks in advance.
14th August 2014, 10:54 PM |#15  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzERKINdff

Having the same problem too. Where did you find the old Sprint PRL file? Thanks

Also would like to know thanks
16th August 2014, 12:40 AM |#16  
jlmancuso's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag houston, tx
Thanks Meter: 5,715
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donclark

Im happy this worked for you. I believe you have to have an older Android OS to make the trick work. My question is, how can we make this work with a 4.4.2 OS? Much thanks in advance.

My community rom (4.4.2 tw) has the ability to write prl via ##data# then view knot edit).

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
18th August 2014, 08:02 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Flag Lilburn, GA
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Samsung Galaxy S3 (L710)
On both of my L710 (S3), the write PRL option was not showing. So ##data# didnt work for me. I had to install this app:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/32jc7i0w2f...de_S3_MA6.zip/
This made it so I was able to see that function.

Here are a bunch of PRL files. I believe the latest is 25018. If its not listed there, just do a search for the zip file:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=35576100

I was able to update the Profile and PRL after writing the TEST.prl file.
However, that didnt seem to solve my problem.
No 3g/4g, with HFA loop, with FreedomPOP as my provider (SPRINT MVNO).
I get a "unable to establish a data connection" error MIP:67 on one of the phones when trying to activate.
On the other phone, I get the notice to call customer care (SPRINT).

I believe this to be an ICCID issue, but I cannot confirm this:
https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/143514
24th October 2014, 07:30 PM |#18  
6stringandy's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Macon, GA
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
Pull up your dialer, punch in ##72786#. Let the phone go through its little process, then try to update prl and profile.
I am currently using a sprint note 2 on straight talk, had the same issue, and that's what I did to fix it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
note ii, prl update, straight talk
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes