How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[GUIDE]FIX:Slow performance of grand after 4.2 update

OP Nikhil Singh

16th May 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
Whats up guys.This is Nikhil Singh from xda developers and today I am going to guide you on how to increase performance of grand after 4.2.2 jelly bean update. I have noted that after 4.2 update my grand hangs regulalry on opening gallery or doing other stuff for sometime.(The performance from device is terrible)

So here you go
1.Switch off your device
2.Boot into recovery by pressing Power button+Home button+Volume up button
3.Navigate to wipe cache partition and press power button(on some devices it will show Error but dont worry)
4.Device will reboot automatically

Thats it now your galaxy grand is smooth and lag free test it by opening the gallery app
Some more tips are to turn off power saving mode

Click thanks button if it helped
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nikhil Singh For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd October 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
HI, would this way going to erase all data in the phone? Should i back up my data before i try it?
2nd October 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #3  
Flag 11.2500 N, 75.7700 E
Thanks Meter: 154

413 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryen Lim

HI, would this way going to erase all data in the phone? Should i back up my data before i try it?

Wiping cache doesn't erase your data!
5th October 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #4  

3 posts
More
Hey, i'm new to this community. However i've followed your guide to perform wipe cache but issue still occur, really frustrated using this as spare phone.
5th October 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #5  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 193

981 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9W2YMP

Hey, i'm new to this community. However i've followed your guide to perform wipe cache but issue still occur, really frustrated using this as spare phone.

Be patient. I own 4 Galaxy devices, and the Grand is not as powerful as my S4, but its easily my prefered device. It takes time to "mod" or customize your phone to you likings, but I promise it's a great device.

Here are some of my personal pointers:

- Factory ROMS are heavy, boated and somewhat slow. You can tweak it so it can be smoother, but a CM-based custom ROM is the way to go. If you like Touchwiz, here are some tips: - Root, use Titanium Backup to 'freeze' apps and widgets you wont use. Don't want to root, then in Applications Manager, Stop the apps.

- CyanogenMod ROMS: Because I use Dual Sim, I prefer CosmicCM, but the CM11 Unofficial is a great ROM too. These ROM are the pure android experience and are high tweakable. Also since this is 4.4.4 (Kit Kat), it uses much less resources than Jelly Bean (4.2.2).

A Must for any ROM:

Use Android Tweaker 2 and switch on all "Performance" settings except Hardware Acceleration, slide all sliders to Right. The other tweaks in this app, are up to your needs, Image tweaks are also important if you need it.

Greenify, hibernate all apps that will stay running in the background, you choose when to have them up and running.

SetCPU: I create a Profile, When my screen is OFF, I have my CPU at minimum (312mhz) in order to save battery.

-

I promise with these three apps and tweaks you will be on your way to a greater device. Oh, also, look into replacing your Launcher, want to keep a TouchWiz feel, look into S Launcher (S5), or Google Launcher.

Regards,

Paul
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paul_Days For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 04:33 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_Days

Be patient. I own 4 Galaxy devices, and the Grand is not as powerful as my S4, but its easily my prefered device. It takes time to "mod" or customize your phone to you likings, but I promise it's a great device.

Here are some of my personal pointers:

- Factory ROMS are heavy, boated and somewhat slow. You can tweak it so it can be smoother, but a CM-based custom ROM is the way to go. If you like Touchwiz, here are some tips: - Root, use Titanium Backup to 'freeze' apps and widgets you wont use. Don't want to root, then in Applications Manager, Stop the apps.

- CyanogenMod ROMS: Because I use Dual Sim, I prefer CosmicCM, but the CM11 Unofficial is a great ROM too. These ROM are the pure android experience and are high tweakable. Also since this is 4.4.4 (Kit Kat), it uses much less resources than Jelly Bean (4.2.2).

A Must for any ROM:

Use Android Tweaker 2 and switch on all "Performance" settings except Hardware Acceleration, slide all sliders to Right. The other tweaks in this app, are up to your needs, Image tweaks are also important if you need it.

Greenify, hibernate all apps that will stay running in the background, you choose when to have them up and running.

SetCPU: I create a Profile, When my screen is OFF, I have my CPU at minimum (312mhz) in order to save battery.

-

I promise with these three apps and tweaks you will be on your way to a greater device. Oh, also, look into replacing your Launcher, want to keep a TouchWiz feel, look into S Launcher (S5), or Google Launcher.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks paul for you response with advice, i'll try to use custom rom to get better performance.
22nd October 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #7  
Flag ploiesti
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
Thank you, indeed increased performance after I wiped cache
24th October 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #8  

5 posts
Belos tutoriais

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread