[BOUNTY] New Root Method Exploit - ACHIEVED!!!!!

OP Demiurge7

Yesterday, 05:37 PM   |  #941  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bellevue, WA
Thanks Meter: 294

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuronosan

Bounty for the bootloader?

May be a good idea if there is realistic potential. The likelihood of that happening was always painted as "near impossible, don't bother". But I have no idea if its realistic.

This thread was a handful, to say the least, so I will pass on the opportunity. But I do believe the exposure certainly helped in getting us root. It would be great if someone started a bootloader bounty to the same effect.

Its hard not to dream over what this phone would be like unlocked...
Yesterday, 08:34 PM   |  #942  
Thanks Meter: 16

130 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demiurge7

May be a good idea if there is realistic potential. The likelihood of that happening was always painted as "near impossible, don't bother". But I have no idea if its realistic.

This thread was a handful, to say the least, so I will pass on the opportunity. But I do believe the exposure certainly helped in getting us root. It would be great if someone started a bootloader bounty to the same effect.

Its hard not to dream over what this phone would be like unlocked...

I agree with the positivity, but have to clarify one thing. it wasn't the exposure that gained root; one user emailed Geohot out of the blue and asked him to do it. Half the thanks should go to him!
Yesterday, 11:09 PM   |  #943  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bellevue, WA
Thanks Meter: 294

270 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeveraux

I agree with the positivity, but have to clarify one thing. it wasn't the exposure that gained root; one user emailed Geohot out of the blue and asked him to do it. Half the thanks should go to him!

Lots of people who pledged and that were active (including myself) were touching base with many developers. Certainly due credit and much thanks to greatnesstx for getting a hold of him, but nobody would be looking like we were without the exposure of the bounty. I am not saying the exposure was solely responsible, but as I put it, "it certainly helped".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demiurge7 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bounty, exploit, galaxys5, root, verizon
Previous Thread Next Thread