OP CarbonDev

Yesterday, 02:00 PM   |  #801  
Flag GRR
Thanks Meter: 164

675 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900mcm

I was hoping this was a fix for me. I created a 'secure settings' based tasker 'at boot' gps toggle. I rebooted.
My lock is still laggy. expletive!

Great idea - i hope my milage eventually varies.

I fixed mine by flashing old and slows TW ROM, getting a lock and leaving location set to high accuracy for a couple days. After that I clean flashed an aosp ROM while still locked and it seems to work fine. I leave location set to high accuracy all the time now even though I know I'm probably taking a hit to battery life. That being said the GPS on this phone has always been a bit iffy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Yesterday, 02:51 PM   |  #802  
Thanks Meter: 19

67 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matalo

How is GPS lock on this ROM? Any problems like other AOSP releases are seeing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1900mcm

I was hoping this was a fix for me. I created a 'secure settings' based tasker 'at boot' gps toggle. I rebooted.
My lock is still laggy. expletive!

Great idea - i hope my milage eventually varies.

Try setting it up for secure settings to disable GPS on shutdown and enable on boot (2 rules).
Yesterday, 03:30 PM   |  #803  
Thanks Meter: 5

85 posts
After flashing I still cannot get a lock. I tried toggle trick but no dice.

Yesterday, 05:08 PM   |  #804  
Flag Toledo
Thanks Meter: 44

133 posts
More
On eproblem fixed, one new one! After the discussion about possible problems with 4G/LTE on my phone.... it decided to randomly show up again yesterday. Literally while I was looking at my phone. So I got my 4G back.... guessing it must have been something on Verizon's end because I wasn't changing anything...

Now, quick question. Might have been drinking at the time, lol. I woke up to find my Chrome browser in the floating mode. Thing is, I can't get it out of floating mode. I've tested several other apps which I can get in and out of floating mode just fine, but Chrome is stuck. I've cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. It's stuck. Don't know if I hit some setting I didn't know existed while boozed up and now can't find it? Any ideas?
Today, 12:35 AM   |  #805  
Flag DC
Thanks Meter: 3

25 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Voodoo

On eproblem fixed, one new one! After the discussion about possible problems with 4G/LTE on my phone.... it decided to randomly show up again yesterday. Literally while I was looking at my phone. So I got my 4G back.... guessing it must have been something on Verizon's end because I wasn't changing anything...

Now, quick question. Might have been drinking at the time, lol. I woke up to find my Chrome browser in the floating mode. Thing is, I can't get it out of floating mode. I've tested several other apps which I can get in and out of floating mode just fine, but Chrome is stuck. I've cleared data, uninstalled, reinstalled, etc. It's stuck. Don't know if I hit some setting I didn't know existed while boozed up and now can't find it? Any ideas?

My chrome beta was stuck that way.

Try using the task list to select it. (run it, hit home button, bring up the task list, pick it) you might try a long press on the app, pick floating mode, go back to home screen and then just pick it directly from the task list.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread