Originally Posted by Molon Labe

Are you TiBu data restore?

Yesterday, 05:04 PM   |  #492  
OP Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,078

1,146 posts
More
Updated OP with V19, added 3minit battery mod and updated 8SMS. If you want to add the 3minit battery to V18 flash the attached file in SafeStrap. This is only for RicksROM V18, the files are modded for my ROM and may cause problems on other ROMs. For more info see the mod link. Thank you @gharrington for the mod. Credits are in the OP for you.

3MinitModAddOn
MD5: ac9cfc0dd3aa38d858539ada7ff5905c
Last edited by Misterxtc; Yesterday at 07:03 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:21 PM   |  #493  
Thanks Meter: 53

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Updated OP with V19, added 3minit battery mod and updated 8SMS. If you want to add the 3minit battery to V18 flash the attached file in SafeStrap. This is only for RicksROM V18, the files are modded for my ROM and may cause problems on other ROMs. For more info see the mod link. Thank you @gharrington for the mod. Credits are in the OP for you.

3minit mod addon

Thank you for the continuously contribution to our S5s!
I have one question. I know the ART is not compatible with the xposed. If I turn on ART, will any function of the ROM be affected?
The Following User Says Thank You to torr310 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:39 PM   |  #494  
OP Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by torr310

Thank you for the continuously contribution to our S5s!
I have one question. I know the ART is not compatible with the xposed. If I turn on ART, will any function of the ROM be affected?

Other than xposed the only other problem was with Titanium Backup. You won't be able to restore your old backup if you enable ART before restoring it. Then you will have to make a new backup with ART if you plan to keep using it. I have been getting slightly better battery stats with ART enabled but I mess with my phone so much I haven't been able to go more than a day without plugging it in to flash something.
The Following User Says Thank You to Misterxtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 05:57 PM   |  #495  
Thanks Meter: 53

281 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misterxtc

Other than xposed the only other problem was with Titanium Backup. You won't be able to restore your old backup if you enable ART before restoring it. Then you will have to make a new backup with ART if you plan to keep using it. I have been getting slightly better battery stats with ART enabled but I mess with my phone so much I haven't been able to go more than a day without plugging it in to flash something.

Aww.... thank you! Now I don't know whether or not should I use the ART. LOL Probably should wait for ART on Android 5.0.
Yesterday, 10:33 PM   |  #496  
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
Is ART even worth the trouble yet, I mean as far as app quickness and stuff, is it worth a change over?
Today, 01:38 AM   |  #497  
OP Senior Member
Flag Syracuse, NY

1,146 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco1224

Is ART even worth the trouble yet, I mean as far as app quickness and stuff, is it worth a change over?

Honestly i haven't seen a huge difference in performance but things seem a tad smoother where there was some lag. I would say if your comfortable with the way things are just leave it be. The ROM can be ran either way so if you want to turn ART on and then change your mind all you need to do is disable it and everything is back the way it was. Like I said earlier the only problem I had was not being able use my TB backup because I enabled ART first but I'm pretty sure you could restore the backup first and then turn it on and all will be good. If you use xposed that's another story. I don't so that not working on ART means nothing to me.
Today, 02:39 AM   |  #498  
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
Thanks for the info. I don't use xposed either...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread