Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

A List of Galaxy Stock Apps

4th February 2014, 03:19 PM   |  #1  
dong2007's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag subsurface
Thanks Meter: 134
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Hey Ppl

I've tested some of Samsungīs Apps on my Galaxy S4 Mini with Cm 11.
I've only tested stock Apps not modified Apps...

3 of 12 Apps are compatible with CM...
ChatOn
S HealtH
WatchOn


The rest required TW framework (FC on CM )...


//
dong2007
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tww.png
Views:	1179
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	2558636  
Last edited by dong2007; 4th February 2014 at 03:22 PM.
17th February 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dong2007

Hey Ppl

I've tested some of Samsungīs Apps on my Galaxy S4 Mini with Cm 11.
I've only tested stock Apps not modified Apps...

3 of 12 Apps are compatible with CM...
ChatOn
S HealtH
WatchOn


The rest required TW framework (FC on CM )...


//
dong2007

I'm sure it some other Samsung service these software requires it though. I delete the TW launcher using Titanium Backup and use a lightweight launcher on the stock ROM. Most these app still works (except the TW widgets, which non-works).
17th February 2014, 10:33 PM   |  #3  
dong2007's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag subsurface
Thanks Meter: 134
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

I'm sure it some other Samsung service these software requires it though. I delete the TW launcher using Titanium Backup and use a lightweight launcher on the stock ROM. Most these app still works (except the TW widgets, which non-works).

I donīt know what you mean with this :/... But CM are NOT Samsung stock rom....
18th February 2014, 09:57 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dong2007

I donīt know what you mean with this :/... But CM are NOT Samsung stock rom....

I didn't say I use CM? I simply said I delete the TouchWiz laucher from my stock Samsung ROM on my S3 4.1.2 using Titanium Back-up. Just implying that TouchWiz isn't responsible for some of the app to function, but some other service.
Last edited by TNCS; 18th February 2014 at 10:06 AM.
18th February 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #5  
dong2007's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag subsurface
Thanks Meter: 134
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCS

I didn't say I use CM? I simply said I delete the TouchWiz laucher from my stock Samsung ROM on my S3 4.1.2 using Titanium Back-up. Just implying that TouchWiz isn't responsible for some of the app to function, but some other service.

You're wrong - there are different between Touchwiz Launcher and Touchwiz Framework. CM has none of them. So yes you can' t still install Samsung Stock Apps with TW requirement on CM...


Touchwiz Launcher has nothing to do with the stock apps its just a launcher
19th February 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 85
 
318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dong2007

You're wrong - there are different between Touchwiz Launcher and Touchwiz Framework. CM has none of them. So yes you can' t still install Samsung Stock Apps with TW requirement on CM...


Touchwiz Launcher has nothing to do with the stock apps its just a launcher

I did imply "TouchWiz isn't responsible for some of the app to function, but some other service". I'm sorry, it just seems vague to say TouchWiz "framework" while there could be so many thing and you put all the possibility under one umbrella. You're partially wrong too about the TW Laucher, few apps can't work without it even at stock ROM.

I'm not here to argue, but there's so many hidden Samsung service you could try also to port instead of just the app itself. Heck it may be even Kernel related I don't know. Just giving my two cents.
16th April 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Post HI~
Thank you very much
26th October 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #8  
Member
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 21
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
More
Does anyone have a copy of the Samsung music player app for GT-I9192? I flashed CarbonRom and the app disappeared from the phone. I really would like to get that app back onto my phone. Every time I try to install it from other places, including ones I've found on here, the installation fails, any idea why?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes