12/16/2014 | 4.4.2 | LikeWise S5 4.2 | NE4

Should I add Samsung Apps back to the ROM?

• Yeah, I miss them.

Votes: 111 24.5%
  • Ehh, Only a few (Please list in thread)

Votes: 119 26.3%
  • NO.

Votes: 223 49.2%

• Total voters
Search This thread

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
Nah its good to go... yeah it needs work, it's not perfect. Really its only a few font colors in some drop down menus, that you wont have much interaction with anyway and I really only noticed it when setting up my email. Other then that I believe this last build I out up is pretty solid.
Found a com.android.phone FC if you try to change the ringtone and press OK from the Dialer's menu and only from inside the Dialer. If you change it through settings it works without FCs.

Maheshzx

May 17, 2013
everything is fine,I didn't get FC with messaging app and dailer
battery drain seems to be fine .
edit -
FCed apps : s health,maps,sketch for galaxy

Last edited:

¿Will-it-Blend?

May 27, 2013
Atlanta, GA
plus.google.com
I'm uploading a new build right now with a few framework fixes and some other LikeWise stuff added back.
This is just a test build with a few things needed to be polished before the 4.5 release with the Aroma installer. Feel free to flash and report back any issues you find (ROM boots and runs fine, but I know I missed a few things).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001602327

Last edited:

Shels

Aug 11, 2012
I'm uploading a new build right now with a few framework fixes and some other LikeWise stuff added back.
This is just a test build with a few things needed to be polished before the 4.5 release with the Aroma installer. Feel free to flash and report back any issues you find (ROM boots and runs fine, but I know I missed a few things).

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95784891001602327

Does it require a clean install or can we dirty flash over e's recent release?

SeXyStEpH87

May 27, 2011
bc mn
I'm thinking about downloading the xposed installer but I'm scared of the word soft brick lol I've soft bricked my phone once and it took days to get it back has anyone soft bricked their phone downloading the xposed installer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
I'm thinking about downloading the xposed installer but I'm scared of the word soft brick lol I've soft bricked my phone once and it took days to get it back has anyone soft bricked their phone downloading the xposed installer?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app
I had it without issues. That's what nandroid backups are for. ;)

Reactions: SeXyStEpH87

rocket167

Jan 29, 2012
On the 10 24 build I'm getting settings fc when booting and changing clock color and changing ringtone I did clean flash and wiped everything any ideas

Reactions: xCAVEMANx

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
On the 10 24 build I'm getting settings fc when booting and changing clock color and changing ringtone I did clean flash and wiped everything any ideas

Are you seeing this on the build I uploaded?
Only FC I'm having on the new build is the changing ringtone from the Dialer which I previously reported. No other FCs on clean and heavily debloated flash. So far, I'm loving the S5 dialer's look! (tinted status bar due to an xposed module) You were too quick updating/integrating it @¿Will-it-Blend?, lol :good:

Last edited:

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN

@rocket167 I second that bug. Exact same problem here. Clean flashed. Everything else is working great.

Not sure as it never happened to me, Logcats can help us fix it faser. But I assume it might have to do with all the framwork public id that don't match our framework. I have fixed it and is attached below.

I found another bug. See attachment. Happens whether you have Xposed or not (just clarifying due to the transparencies).
It's because it's an S5 systemUI and there are hundreds of framework public id's that don't match... ie you get messed up images and text.

everything is fine,I didn't get FC with messaging app and dailer
battery drain seems to be fine .
edit -
FCed apps : s health,maps,sketch for galaxy

Only FC I'm having on the new build is the changing ringtone from the Dialer which I previously reported. No other FCs on clean and heavily debloated flash. So far, I'm loving the S5 dialer's look! (tinted status bar due to an xposed module) You were too quick updating/integrating it @¿Will-it-Blend?, lol :good:
Here again while looking at the code it's looking to framework stuff that is not there. Afraid I'm not sure how to fix it.

@¿Will-it-Blend? and everyone else.
Here is a little update.
Fixed the rest of the xml and framework id's in the SystemUI so there shouldn't be anymore text and icons out of place.
TouchWizHome layout improvements. Fixed some scaling issues
framework-res fixes.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1zd78h1h13q6f1u/S5_Experience_update..zip

BTW I noticed you replaced the S5 dialer with the exact same one. I modified the SecTeleServices so that recorded calls are put in sdcard/Recorded_Calls vs. sdcard/sounds

Also remember when you mess with other phones apks like the SystemUI and SecSettings, you have to deal with all the messed up public ids for framework images, styles, strings, arrays.... It's not usually as easy as "hey this works".
Bear with us as we track down bugs. As a user and you want to help, I need you to learn how to logcat. It's not hard. On a pc search XDA for AIO logcat. It's a batch file that does it for you.
On you phone using a terminal emulator

su
logcat > /sdcard/log.txt

It will look like its not doing anything. let it be for a second and exit the terminal the log will be saved to your sdcard as log.txt

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LikeWiseROM_zps834292e7.png

This is based on Saranhai, & DocHoliday77's ND8 Releases. Previously released by CNexus

This project has been taken over by talkingmonkeys, ¿Will-it-Blend?, Enewman17 and nyfl2004. It is also rebased to S3Rx 4.0 thanks to enewman17 and loserskater. This OP will slowly be updated. For older versions check the below posts. (I will ask lemonboi to edit it into one of the below posts.

SCREENSHOTS

Will be updated within the following days.

You can also use 4.4 firmware which can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/development/firmware-ne4-ne6-nf2-recovery-flashable-t2856914

YOU WILL NEED a 4.3 or 4.4 Modem AND BOOTLOADER.

Notes and Features:

• Project taken over by talkingmonkeys, ¿Will-it-Blend?, Enewman17 and nyfl2004
    • BACK TO 4.2!!!!
    • S5 settings, System UI, and Keyguard from S5 Sensation ROM (thanks @sunajkram23)
    • All lockscreen effects enabled
    • Extra settings from S3Rx added to s5 settings (work in progress)
    • Framework-res.apk themed to make more of the system look like the s5. Thanks Mr.Bola
    • S5 Toolbox (Thanks @enewman17)
    • S5 Keyboard (Thanks @Cnexus)
    • S Finder, Quick Connect (if you want it )
    • Note 3-Themed Camera
    • More themes for the launcher can be found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2711245

For those looking for ibuddler's Kernel:

Ibuddler Kernel Version 2: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55720471&postcount=1960
    Ibuddler Kernel Version 3 with fauxsoud and USB fastcharge support: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=55750787&highlight=ibuddler+kernel#post55750787
    Ibuddler Kernel Version 4 with trinity colors and a few other tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55893116&postcount=2174

Versions:

THE NEW LIKEWISE 4.2!!!

Behold... the new base for our final 5.0 build (T-Mobile Compatible): https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95857557620392879

Changelog:
    • The New 4.2! All the speed of performance of the original with even more features and fixes
    • Revamped S5 settings w/ Search functionality (thanks @sunajkram23)
    • Weather on lockscreen should work (I haven't gotten it to). Post a screenie if it works for you
    • More S5 quick toggles
    • UPSM and Emergency Mode work 100% (but not grey-scaling)
    • LED settings are back! :victory:
    • Yes, I know Extra settings are not there, hopefully they'll be added back soon.
    • This build is 100% stable with everything necessary working, but not every feature works (yet), so please be patient as I work to get as much as I can up and running.

Old Versions found here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/user/?w=settings-dev-files&flid=19599

Changelog:
    Code:
    Old Changelogs found here: [URL="https://docs.google.com/document/d/18uGcGGuCiDf8Q5ozv6d_JctgIA23xhLnY3-ZrLIk6Gk/edit?usp=sharing"]https://docs.google.com/document/d/18uGcGGuCiDf8Q5ozv6d_JctgIA23xhLnY3-ZrLIk6Gk/edit?usp=sharing[/URL]

Bugs:

• With the new 4.2 build I'm sure there are bugs that I haven't gotten to or have created in the process of building. Please let me know of any bugs you find so they can be listed here and we'll work together to squash them :good:
      I'M ONLY ACCEPTING BUGS FROM THE NEW 4.2 BUILD!

Donate:

Saranhai
    Blekota
    JustARchi
    DocHoliday77
    Cnexus
    Ktoonsez
    Talkingmonkeys
    Xami
    fr3d0x
    Mr.Bola
    ksr007
    ¿Will-it-Blend?
    Anindya JV
    areyoubadri
    Enewman17
    loserskater

XDA:DevDB Information
    Likewise S5 for Galaxy S3, ROM for the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    lemonboi5, Talkingmonkeys, ¿Will-it-Blend?, Enewman17, Docholiday77, Nyfl2004
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.3 bootloader, 4.3 modem. or 4.4 bootloader, 4.4 modem. Do not mix them.
    Based On: Touchwiz

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: LikeWise 4.2 (The Ne

Created 2014-09-07
    Last Updated 2015-01-10
    So I got a bit sidetracked with trying to add S5 apps to S3Rx AROMA. Well... After playing with everything
    I took the ROM in a different direction. I really like the new design it's quite refreshing. Without
    further ado I present to you my S5 ROM.

S5 Experience

S5 themed
    Lots of S5 apps. Rom is pretty bloated, most is in the /data so if you don't want it simply uninstall it.
    S5 Toolbox
    S5 TouchWizHome with Magazine and Theme
    S5 Weather Widget
    S5 Wallpaer/Livewallpaper picker
    S5 Dialer
    S5 Keyboard
    S5 Mms
    S5 Memo
    S5 Gallery
    S5 PhotoStudio
    S5 Email with Exchange forced secure pin disabled.
    S5 Browser
    S5 SPlanner a.k.a calendar
    S5 Svoice
    S5 FireWall/VIP mode
    S5 Video Player
    S5 Music Player
    S5 VoiceNote
    S5 Backup app
    S5 File Explorer
    S5 Health Stuff, in /data
    OpenVPN, needs testing still.
    Viper4Android
    Sound boost
    Xposed and modules added to /data
    Updated apps
    All S3Rx extra settings.

You will need to do a clean install.... This will take awhile to boot.

MD5 e496d9ece6b04409c12ac77dc11de2a0
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655047914

T-Mobile users should flash this after the rom.
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95747613655047942
    Sorry to bring this off topic but this being an S5 ROM and one I put quite a bit of work into its fine. For those leary on jumping to the s5 I wanted to leave some great news for you. Took me about 5 minutes after booting my device to root (on the latest firmware) Maybe 15-20 total to have it rooted with busybox installed and safestrap recovery. All with zero issues. The thing about the locked bootloader thats nice is its pretty hard to brick since you can't flash modems, kernels or bootloaders that aren't att locked. Check out the ROM I'm running on my phone right now. I wish I could do what these guys can. AllianceROM. It requires a little work but we're working on making a version for the AT&T S5. Its also out for every other variant right now.

So to keep it short and sweet if you love s5 touchwiz, which everyone running this rom has to then you shouldn't avoid it because of all of that. Read up on it and if you need any help I'll be glad to help with it. If you like aosp roms then avoid the AT&T S5 at all cost. The reason for that is you can't flash any kernels besides stock.

This also doesn't mean I'm done here. I remember where I got my start. I haven't had as much time to put into this but I have a few things I'd like to finish up on this, S3Rx and TMS3KK. If this device gets lollipop its going to be hard to say if I make something though. Time willing I'd love to keep the S3 going for a couple more years though. Thanks to everyone else who made this ROM so great from lemonboi, saranhai and docholiday77 to the newer versions that will it blend, eneman17 and I took up. And all the great users that we've come across in these threads. ibuddler and philliedbz can't go unmentioned here either for their contributions. I'm glad to of had a part in this ROM. Hopefully having an S5 will inspire me to add a couple other nice touches to it.
    @ibuddler just wanted to say thanks for the great kernel. Perhaps it deserves its own thread when you get the next release ready so people can find it easier.

Faux sound and viper makes me actually want to use my phones speaker for music more. Didn't believe it would make this big of a difference.

Haven't got to try the new build yet but this kernel runs great with s3rx 4.
    I'm so happy you like it. As for the own thread, I'm still not ready for it. I'm not a very experienced kernel developer as kt or decimalman. If you look at their codes, they wrote lots of their own functions to handle some of the stuffs like scaling, voltage table or their own governors. I don't even want to call myself a developer. I'm at almost a kernel modder. Simple as put everything together and make it compile.

But there may be an advantage of being like this. I'll be very careful to add my own stuff. I'll try not to modify the baseline as possible as I can. In that way I can keep the kernel more stock like, more stable and reliable with extra goodies and features. One of the example is auto hotplug. There are issues in both kt and dkp kernels that sometimes the CPU will fail to scale up or turn the other core on. (At least these will happen to dkp 4.3 and kt 4.4 tw kernel with their own governor set as active and using their own autohotplug.) While in the old days, there was something wrong with the mp decision but as for 4.4 Samsung seems to fix it by its own hotplug and I haven't seen any crazy bugs so far.

So in future, I'll keep doing it like that way. And at the end I hope we'll get most reliable and fast kernel. [emoji12]

Here I'll also thank @decimalman. He gave me lots of help and he is really a very very good kernel developer. He gave me the permission to use his code even I can rebrend it. That's a great spirit of sharing and that's the whole meaning of Android although I haven't ported his code yet because it's very different from 4.4. I'll also thank Samsung for making such a great device and supporting it from ics to kitkat. Even after two years, I still think gs3 is a great phone. I really can't find out a reason to upgrade mine. Also thank all the rom developers. My kernel is pointless if without such great roms like this and s3rx or any other tmo vrz versions. You can use my work my source at any time and without letting me know. You can also distribute it whatever you like. Also thank everyone tried my kernel, gave me suggestions.

So I'll keep updating my kernel here until a point in future when I think it deserve a own thread. [emoji6]
    Guys sorry I have been gone for so long, but college and work has taken all my time. I haven't gotten to any sort of development since this last ROM release. I hopefully will be getting the S6 come April which will allow my S3 to be free for development, as well as one of my classes will be ending this week, freeing up some time (not a lot but some), and hopefully I can get back to work on this ROM come mid-April.