Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Huawei G700 EMUI 1.8 B124

OP foffa

5th March 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Hello

here i am posting here because i cant post on Miscellaneous Android Development , how ever i think i post there before while working on B5512

I Just got new G700 it came with B115 middle east channel , phone is good but as a start is there is a update i must ask my self is root ready , and CWM for sure so i start the digging

@chamaruco thank you for your great thread which saved and helped many people

now i got a file and i think you were looking for it ""G700-U10_V100R001C00B124CUSTC432D001_Firmware_Portugal_ Channel-Others_4.2.1_EMUI 1.8_05021LMW.zip"" it contain usb upgrade and sd upgrade with drv and flash tool

i notice EMUI 1.8 not 1.6 which i saw for example a permission manager with it on P6 is that here in that rom too ?
is that rom improved than mine b115 phone is good for first look but
(in B115)
1-camera quality is strange i dont mean bad but it look very strange it is like very poor on quality
2-in call volume is too low in my opinion all " in test mode"

Question now did any one get that update "EMUI 1.8 B124" can tell is there is any improvements ?!
Question am i able to flash CWM image directly with flash tool to save some annoying procedures ?!
a member here provide flasher and cwm.img and orginal recovery.img

i did not work with the phone yet need to shift data from old phone remove ext2 part and prepare for change , and feeling lost here

want to strike it all once

i will upload "EMUI 1.8 B124" soon as it came from a private server
any suggestions are welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to foffa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th March 2014, 06:34 AM   |  #2  
chamaruco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
When you install 1.8 you will notice there is only a tap error from uploader..it is a 1.6 emui. That's all.
The Following User Says Thank You to chamaruco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th March 2014, 09:40 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Hello

some info to add

incase of softbrick the phone and unable to flash using spflash tool and receive " not allowed , forbidden "

solution

inside the usb upgrade >> flash "Rework-Secro" using scatter in same folder then you will be able to use download mode again
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foffa For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2014, 12:09 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Thumbs up how to install this firmware i.e. B124 on G700-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamaruco

When you install 1.8 you will notice there is only a tap error from uploader..it is a 1.6 emui. That's all.


chamaruco; Thanks for the best of the best user guides you have been making for all of us, but what i want to know is to be able to install the B124 into my phone i.e. G700-10, i have rooted my phone using farmaroot, made a back up of my factory shipped OS and make all my data backup safe through Hisuit, have downloaded the firmware B124 Purtogal version, extracted the zip, (it is now carrying META-INF, boot.img, cust.img, logo.bin, sdload.log, system.img) i have made a folder in my SD card named dload and copied the files in it, uninstalled mobileuncle, reinstalled new mobileuncletool, copied my backuped recovery.img into my SDcard and somehow installed the recovery in to my mobile,

now please show me the way forward, what i need to do and how, please step by step if you kindly can. please.

YOU ARE THE BEST CHAMARUCO
19th March 2014, 12:14 PM   |  #5  
chamaruco's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48
 
204 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by talvigi

chamaruco; Thanks for the best of the best user guides you have been making for all of us, but what i want to know is to be able to install the B124 into my phone i.e. G700-10, i have rooted my phone using farmaroot, made a back up of my factory shipped OS and make all my data backup safe through Hisuit, have downloaded the firmware B124 Purtogal version, extracted the zip, (it is now carrying META-INF, boot.img, cust.img, logo.bin, sdload.log, system.img) i have made a folder in my SD card named dload and copied the files in it, uninstalled mobileuncle, reinstalled new mobileuncletool, copied my backuped recovery.img into my SDcard and somehow installed the recovery in to my mobile,

now please show me the way forward, what i need to do and how, please step by step if you kindly can. please.

YOU ARE THE BEST CHAMARUCO

Dload inside put update.app file, restart in updatemode
The Following User Says Thank You to chamaruco For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamaruco

Dload inside put update.app file, restart in updatemode

But my mobile does not boot into CWM recovery mode as i have seen in my previous Qmobile A8 it always restarts in the defualt recovery mode which only give options to "1. reboot, 2. update from SDcard, 3. update from cashe, 4. wipe/delete user data and wipe/delete cache and in the last there is a calibarate TP, AND OFF COURSE THESE ALL ARE THE ANDROID BUILTIN RECOVERY STEPS NOT OF THE CWM


And off course there is not any file or folder named update.app in the downloaded .zip/extracted file. "as i have mentioned above the folder contains a folder named META-INF and three img files named as boot cust and system while a .bin file named logo too.

THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HELP.
Last edited by talvigi; 20th March 2014 at 12:33 PM.
26th October 2014, 02:25 PM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by foffa

Hello

some info to add

incase of softbrick the phone and unable to flash using spflash tool and receive " not allowed , forbidden "

solution

inside the usb upgrade >> flash "Rework-Secro" using scatter in same folder then you will be able to use download mode again

So after I select the Reworked scatter file there is only the sec_ro partition checked to flash. So after flashing it do I now select the previous scatter file and then flash everything (including preloader)?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes