[REF] LG Optimus L90 Ultimate Thread

OP Ilxaot

26th October 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #1311  
Thanks Meter: 4

3 posts
Removing Bloatware
Will someone provide us with a list to know what bloatware is safe to remove and what not?
26th October 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #1312  
OP Senior Member
Flag Parrish
Thanks Meter: 630

1,179 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaMattie

I was messing around with my L90 (D415 the T-Mobile one) and I uh.. changed the boot animation. Now I think I bricked my phone. I tried to use the recovery mode and it didn't work. I boot animation is still there. How do I get rid of it; is my phone really bricked; how do I get my parents to not kill me? Please respond ASAP!

Additional info: I tried to do the adb devices thing and it wouldn't even connect because of the boot animation.
I got the boot animation from an app called BootBox. I even tried deleting the animation from the phone by plugging my SD Card into another.

Edit: I couldn't get ClockworkMod Recovery to work on it either.

Turn off phone. Hold down Volume Up. Plug in USB to computer. Download the D415 KDZ I have on this thread's original post. Go to General section of the L90 forum, and find the unbricking guide.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2803479

There should be a link to download a zip folder called "LG Flash Tool 2014." Download it. Extract it to your C: drive (very base of your computer). Run the program. Select the KDZ you downloaded, with your phone in S/W upgrade mode, and then select flash. Select English and Other country, and then hit continue or whatever. Bam, you're all set. Give it around seven minutes.

If you continue to boot loop after flashing it, power off the device. Power it back on and hold down power and volume down buttons. When LG logo appears, release power button for one second, continue to hold down volume down. After that second, press down power again. You should reach a screen asking if you wish to factory reset. Select yes and give it a minute. You'll only have to do this is if you came from a custom ROM.

Best of luck and have a fantastic day.(:
Last edited by Ilxaot; 26th October 2014 at 04:46 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ilxaot For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #1313  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilxaot

Turn off phone. Hold down Volume Up. Plug in USB to computer. Download the D415 KDZ I have on this thread's original post. Go to General section of the L90 forum, and find the unbricking guide.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2803479

There should be a link to download a zip folder called "LG Flash Tool 2014." Download it. Extract it to your C: drive (very base of your computer). Run the program. Select the KDZ you downloaded, with your phone in S/W upgrade mode, and then select flash. Select English and Other country, and then hit continue or whatever. Bam, you're all set. Give it around seven minutes.

If you continue to boot loop after flashing it, power off the device. Power it back on and hold down power and volume down buttons. When LG logo appears, release power button for one second, continue to hold down volume down. After that second, press down power again. You should reach a screen asking if you wish to factory reset. Select yes and give it a minute. You'll only have to do this is if you came from a custom ROM.

Best of luck and have a fantastic day.(:

Okay, you're the greatest human ever. Thanks man.
The Following User Says Thank You to DaMattie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th October 2014, 10:12 PM   |  #1314  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 26

83 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrman1

how to unlock bootloader on lg l40 d170 ?

Wrong thread. This is for LG L90. Search for L40.
27th October 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #1315  
Thanks Meter: 3

74 posts
Woops do not pay attention to what I posted earlier if you saw it. Didn't realized a question was answered.
27th October 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #1316  
Flag Cologne
Thanks Meter: 26

83 posts
Currently, more and more various CustomROMs are available for our great L90. As I am planning to flash such a CustomROM in the next few days I would like to ask you about your experience with different ROMs such as Carbon, CM11, AOSPA or Pac-Man in terms of photo quality, stability and performance. The main reason for me why I have hesitated until now is that photo quality seems to be worse than on stock ROM and the fact that there are various bugs like front camera not working. But most of those bugs have been resolved, I guess.

So, I would really appreciate if we could establish some kind of pro and contra list for each ROM, making it easy for people, who want to flash a custom ROM, to get an idea of some aspects of each individual custom ROM based on user experience.
The Following User Says Thank You to orville87 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th October 2014, 07:55 PM   |  #1317  
Thanks Meter: 3

74 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orville87

Currently, more and more various CustomROMs are available for our great L90. As I am planning to flash such a CustomROM in the next few days I would like to ask you about your experience with different ROMs such as Carbon, CM11, AOSPA or Pac-Man in terms of photo quality, stability and performance. The main reason for me why I have hesitated until now is that photo quality seems to be worse than on stock ROM and the fact that there are various bugs like front camera not working. But most of those bugs have been resolved, I guess.

So, I would really appreciate if we could establish some kind of pro and contra list for each ROM, making it easy for people, who want to flash a custom ROM, to get an idea of some aspects of each individual custom ROM based on user experience.

I like this Idea. We should do that!
27th October 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #1318  
Thanks Meter: 13

106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orville87

It's very personal... I suppose you just have to try these roms. I sugest you best start with a good recovery and after that a good start is CM11 (in my opion).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
l90, optimus, root, thread, tips
Previous Thread Next Thread