Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Restore SGH-I747M Rogers Galaxy S3 to stock firmware with Black Edition Firmware

OP justein

27th June 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
Hi, I just checked on samfirmware.com and found that they only carry firmwares for the SGH-I747M Black Edition. Will these firmwares work on my white Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M on Rogers? Thanks for the help.

I can't get a link to the site, but if you go there and click on firmware database and select SGH-I747M the Rogers Black Edition will appear in the list. For the record, the PDA of the white SGH-I747M firmware I'm currently on and the SGH-I747M Black Editon firmware (the matching version that I am on) do match.
27th June 2014, 02:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag Québec city
Thanks Meter: 160

532 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justein

Hi, I just checked on samfirmware.com and found that they only carry firmwares for the SGH-I747M Black Edition. Will these firmwares work on my white Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M on Rogers? Thanks for the help.

I can't get a link to the site, but if you go there and click on firmware database and select SGH-I747M the Rogers Black Edition will appear in the list. For the record, the PDA of the white SGH-I747M firmware I'm currently on and the SGH-I747M Black Editon firmware (the matching version that I am on) do match.

It's running quite nice on my blue S3... but on a white one?!
27th June 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #3  
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 802

1,480 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiKsFiles

It's running quite nice on my blue S3... but on a white one?!

Lol.....

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.
27th June 2014, 05:03 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
It may seem like a stupid question, but I assumed that Black Edition made the firmware different, because if it didn't wouldn't it just be labeled "SGH-I747M"?...
Last edited by justein; 28th June 2014 at 12:30 AM. Reason: grammar
28th June 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Crest Hill
Thanks Meter: 802

1,480 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justein

It may seem like a stupid question, but I assumed that Black Edition made the firmware different, because if it didn't wouldn't it just be labeled "SGH-I747M"?...

Can you post build number for your phone. Please

Swiping from dark side of Galaxy S5.
28th June 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #6  
Montréal
Thanks Meter: 474

997 posts
Donate to Me
More
I too have seen this mention of "Black Edition" for other Canadian CSC firmwares on Sammobile, I figure it's more of a labelling mistake, or something used in other countries where they sell the "M" variant.
4th July 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #7  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 17

168 posts
More
I picked up "Canada (Rogers) (Black Edition)" from sammobile and flashed it onto my white Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M from Rogers and it works fine. I was previously on 4.3.
  • Flashed I747MVLUFNE6 using Odin v3.09
  • Factory reset (wipe data)
  • Rooted using towelroot from towelroot.com
  • Installed SuperSU by Chainfire
  • Flashed TWRP using "ROM Installer" by JRummy Apps
  • Installed busybox by stericson
  • Installed KT747 kernel (Touchwiz KitKat 05-13-2014 version)
It doesn't say anything about being "Black Edition" anywhere in the ROM (including build.prop) and I don't notice anything special about it, so I agree that it's probably a labeling mistake.

I was previously having issues because I hadn't wiped data. I thought flashing the ROM would have done it for me, but it didn't. I also did a wipe through TWRP (the default wipe) and it still didn't do it. After properly wiping data and setting everything back up, everything was fixed. The problem that I was having was that certain apps would be unable to save onto the internal SD. I couldn't install busybox, my music player would always start from the same song, and Dolphin couldn't save any downloaded files. Wiping app cache and app data didn't do anything.

The only issue I'm having right now is that music over Bluetooth skips. I always have Bluetooth problems.

It's version I747MVLUFNE6. I just noticed that new version I747MVLUFNF2 was posted recently. Guess I'll have to try that out.
28th October 2014, 12:21 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grospolina

I picked up "Canada (Rogers) (Black Edition)" from sammobile and flashed it onto my white Galaxy S3 SGH-I747M from Rogers and it works fine. I was previously on 4.3.

• Flashed I747MVLUFNE6 using Odin v3.09
  • Factory reset (wipe data)
  • Rooted using towelroot from towelroot.com
  • Installed SuperSU by Chainfire
  • Flashed TWRP using "ROM Installer" by JRummy Apps
  • Installed busybox by stericson
  • Installed KT747 kernel (Touchwiz KitKat 05-13-2014 version)
It doesn't say anything about being "Black Edition" anywhere in the ROM (including build.prop) and I don't notice anything special about it, so I agree that it's probably a labeling mistake.

I was previously having issues because I hadn't wiped data. I thought flashing the ROM would have done it for me, but it didn't. I also did a wipe through TWRP (the default wipe) and it still didn't do it. After properly wiping data and setting everything back up, everything was fixed. The problem that I was having was that certain apps would be unable to save onto the internal SD. I couldn't install busybox, my music player would always start from the same song, and Dolphin couldn't save any downloaded files. Wiping app cache and app data didn't do anything.

The only issue I'm having right now is that music over Bluetooth skips. I always have Bluetooth problems.

It's version I747MVLUFNE6. I just noticed that new version I747MVLUFNF2 was posted recently. Guess I'll have to try that out.

It was recently rebranded on samfirmware back to regular, so I can flash it now. Thanks for the input though.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread