Post Reply

[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.4 {Jewel} v8.1 [Final KitKat Version]

OP Mazda

23rd October 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #361  
Mazda's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida ✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
Thanks Meter: 10,295
 
4,697 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by goliath714

Busybox installs just fine. V4A just thinks it's not installed in this ROM

Also, do you know of any other good sound mods compatible with KK? I've been looking but have come up dry.

Then that's an issue with V4A.......you might want to talk to the dev behind that app and see where the problem is with that app

If busybox is installed, then it should read it unless is looking for it in a specific location and once again......that would be an app issue not a ROM issue

I use DSPManager and it does the job just fine. If your speakers are not loud enough of it, it could be a hardware issue in which case you should get that replaced/fix
26th October 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #362  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Wireless issues?
Ran v7.7 for a while and now, I just installed 8.1. Anyone having issues with the wireless? When turning on the wifi, all it says is "Turning Wi-Fi on..." then after 5 mins, Wi-Fi turns off. I tried changing the region code from Europe to United States but it kept switching back to Europe when hitting back to turn on the Wi-Fi. Same thing on v8.0. I've done multiple flashings of both versions with complete wipes but same results. Any ideas?
26th October 2014, 01:19 AM   |  #363  
Mazda's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida ✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
Thanks Meter: 10,295
 
4,697 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzluwe32y

Ran v7.7 for a while and now, I just installed 8.1. Anyone having issues with the wireless? When turning on the wifi, all it says is "Turning Wi-Fi on..." then after 5 mins, Wi-Fi turns off. I tried changing the region code from Europe to United States but it kept switching back to Europe when hitting back to turn on the Wi-Fi. Same thing on v8.0. I've done multiple flashings of both versions with complete wipes but same results. Any ideas?

Define "complete wipes"

Also, what recovery and it's version are you using?
26th October 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #364  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda

Define "complete wipes"

Also, what recovery and it's version are you using?

Thanks for the response. Complete wipes meaning dalvik, cache, data, system, secure. Running on teamwin version 2.6.3. I am now running v7.7 again and wifi is working. Region code has defaulted to United States and if changed to Canada, the region is saved.
26th October 2014, 05:35 AM   |  #365  
Mazda's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida ✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
Thanks Meter: 10,295
 
4,697 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzluwe32y

Thanks for the response. Complete wipes meaning dalvik, cache, data, system, secure. Running on teamwin version 2.6.3. I am now running v7.7 again and wifi is working. Region code has defaulted to United States and if changed to Canada, the region is saved.

Update your recovery to the latest and perform a full wipe (every option in recovery) then adb push your ROM zip to your device, then flash

I'm running the latest right now and have no issues with WiFi

Check the official TWRP website for the latest download link.....
27th October 2014, 11:29 PM   |  #366  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda

Update your recovery to the latest and perform a full wipe (every option in recovery) then adb push your ROM zip to your device, then flash

I'm running the latest right now and have no issues with WiFi

Check the official TWRP website for the latest download link.....

So after upgrading to TWRP v2.8.0.1 and doing a full wipe then pushing the ROM zip to the phone and flashing. I'm receiving the error
"SymLinking:
symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/DU_jewel_4.4.4_20141017-2216.v8.1-OFFICIAL.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/DU_jewel_4.4.4_20141017-2216.v8.1-OFFICIAL.zip
Updating partition details..."

I vaguely remember having the same issue when I flashed DU v7 with TWRP v.2.8

Which recovery are you running? I'd like to mirror my environment to yours if you don't mind.

I don't usually post questions about these things, as you can see my total number of posts...usually someone else has had the same problem, but this has me stumped.

Thanks!
28th October 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #367  
Mazda's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milton, Florida ✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖✖
Thanks Meter: 10,295
 
4,697 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzluwe32y

So after upgrading to TWRP v2.8.0.1 and doing a full wipe then pushing the ROM zip to the phone and flashing. I'm receiving the error
"SymLinking:
symlink: some symlinks failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard/DU_jewel_4.4.4_20141017-2216.v8.1-OFFICIAL.zip'
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/DU_jewel_4.4.4_20141017-2216.v8.1-OFFICIAL.zip
Updating partition details..."

I vaguely remember having the same issue when I flashed DU v7 with TWRP v.2.8

Which recovery are you running? I'd like to mirror my environment to yours if you don't mind.

I don't usually post questions about these things, as you can see my total number of posts...usually someone else has had the same problem, but this has me stumped.

Thanks!

I'm using this one http://mdmower.cmphys.com/download/2...=2.8.0.2-beta1

Which is an unofficial TWRP compiled by mdmower

Here's the website http://mdmower.cmphys.com/twrp-jewel/

Here's the source https://github.com/mdmower/twrp

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes