Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] is there way to unlock other camera adjustments like Contrast or Sharpness ?

OP THE-COPS

1st May 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 8

277 posts
More
I noticed while using the camera that there are no controls for contrast, sharpness ..saturation etc. So I decided to download other camera apps and use those functions in them. The only problem is, those controls have no effect on the image. I can adjust them ...say...in Camera360 or lgcamera but nothing happens. I can tell they are not preset values in the apps because say for Contrast, in all apps the contrast shows a value of 5. It can be changed but nothing ever happens. Is there a way to unlock these settings in the kernel maybe? Has anyone messed with this? Im just so used to always having control over these functions on my HTC phones. It seem kind of silly to lock them out on an amazing phone like the GS4
5th May 2014, 11:22 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

277 posts
More
Bumpity....

Nobody knows anything huh?
5th May 2014, 01:17 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 179

551 posts
More
I don't know about the third party apps but I know different options are available when you set the camera to different modes. Like in the beauty face mode the you can change iso

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
8th May 2014, 12:26 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

277 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabit87

I don't know about the third party apps but I know different options are available when you set the camera to different modes. Like in the beauty face mode the you can change iso

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ISO is normally available in Auto mode as well as Exposure adjustments. But even in the Auto mode, there are none of the adjustments mentioned at the top of this thread. The only thing im really looking to control is contrast.....otherwise I have to edit most of my photos. The images are really good but because of the ultra high contrast preset in the camera, the whites/highlights get easily blown out.
20th June 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

277 posts
More
Ahh.. guess not
No biggie I guess. Im not complaining about this phone or camera. Just kinda wish it had access to those controls.
28th October 2014, 03:00 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Florida

277 posts
More
So I just tried some settings in Snap Camera. Brightness, Contrast and Saturation have NO effect on the image at all. And also the Scene modes do absolutely nothing either. Is this some kind of bug with the GS4's camera software? Ive never used a phone and not had half the stuff working in the camera that typically works on other phones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adjustment, camera, contrast, gs4, sharpness
Previous Thread Next Thread