Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HELP! Soft Bricked T889 Note 2 missing pit file

OP Fulmetalalkemis

14th April 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
here is my situation:
my phone was rooted, i unrooted it then realized i forgot to remove the custom boot animation file i had for the phone so i attempted to reroot (followed a stupid youtube video) but accidentally used the wrong root file for my phone. using odin, it failed and i tried rebooting the phone but it says to connect to kies and try to restore it, but it didn't work. then i had a friend look at it (they rooted the phone for me to begin with) and they said my phone was missing the pit file and nothing she did worked. she said it kept on mapping? i'm not too familiar with it but she says my phone was soft bricked. i was hoping maybe someone has some knowledge on how to help me fix my situation? thanks!

youtube video i followed....
How to Root your Samsung Galaxy Note 2

this is a log from odin below

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> root66_TMO_T889UVBMD1.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Can't open the serial(COM) port.
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmware-upgrade-error.png
Views:	469
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	2685008  
15th April 2014, 12:35 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
Look up Skips Note 2 Tool Kit, install it, run it and your but will be saved! And all automatically! Definitely the best tool I ever saw. Doesn't matter what you are missing or how you screwed up. It's like Prego. It's in there. Then after you OMG I'm cured, imagine what the pro version can do. Believe me, best 10$ I ever spent. I won't even wish you good luck. Just get it and follow the bouncing ball. Cya

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #3  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 766

2,012 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmanmd

Look up Skips Note 2 Tool Kit, install it, run it and your but will be saved! And all automatically! Definitely the best tool I ever saw. Doesn't matter what you are missing or how you screwed up. It's like Prego. It's in there. Then after you OMG I'm cured, imagine what the pro version can do. Believe me, best 10$ I ever spent. I won't even wish you good luck. Just get it and follow the bouncing ball. Cya

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Guy with 5 posts selling software and promising miraculous results...

Sounds legit.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coug76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2014, 08:02 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 2

14 posts
My Note 2 Has Space Herpes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug76

Guy with 5 posts selling software and promising miraculous results...

Sounds legit.

Not selling just suggesting a solution that worked for me..... and crediting where credit is due Mr. Cougar. I was pants down six ways from Sunday and found out that Kies wasn't worth a hoot. Crap, I'm knocked :=/ I just knew I had just crash tested and burned....my very first phone. God bless twrp, I erased and formatted the WHOLE tamale. (Note to self: Maybe smart phones are a bit beyond the parameters of my engineering envelop. :-/ Self, you still have those Hawaiian Punch cans and some cat gut layin around? That concept was right up your alley pal)..but I do digress...

After a good cry, I remembered Skips Magic Note 2 Toolkit.

Heck it was already trashed what else could go wrong. I sucked one in and fired Skips up. Crossed my toes, answered two Q's; had to guess on the third and for gods sakes, Coug... May I call ya Coug? Cool. I pushed the red button. The next thing I know we drop into low. Drivers are loading, the phone squatted down, my computer started smoking and making odd noises. Blink....automatic download factory reset mode happened, three different backups; CWM, TWRP and Philz whipped by and auto installed. The phone started blinking, the room turned black, I stood up so I could stand back.

Then it went Plink, auto reboot, flashed into umm I dunno, maybe fast boot mode..(breathe). Odin popped open and sucked in some file. Things went green after a while, the phone spun around; rebooted again....and then, there it was, Samsung singing that same old Song!!!

Just call me Lazarus dude! It was back and downloading updates by air. And better news yet, I was none the worse for the wear! No Spoof..well perhaps a bit of embellishment here and there..but not that much I swear! The thing's not a toolkit it's AhhhLIVE..and fortunately, so is my phone.....go figure....

Mr. Cougar, that's my story and I'm holding tight to it. There was a bit more. Since it was so neat the first time around, I got cocky and bit it again :=/ However, I regrouped and turned Pro (lmao) But rather than tax you further, I'll save that rubbish for later..

Mr. Cougar, I know that you know how inexperienced I am and how awestruck...nah you can't know but I truly am as I watch and read with great fascination as XDA morphs science fiction into science fact every day. I must tell you Sir, this place really is a treasure!

Plus Bonus! You gave me a grin without knowing...on second thought, you probably did ) Mayhaps I shall return the favor some day....and yes I am still befuddled...but happily so.

Thanks for the shout Mr. Cougar.

dm out~
16th April 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
Flag East of Seattle
Thanks Meter: 766

2,012 posts
More
Thanks for the laugh. I needed that this morning.

16th October 2014, 10:02 PM   |  #6  

3 posts
I can only go on download mode on my note 2 and i've tried to use the toolkit but it only works through ADB.Do you have any other suggestions? Also i've tried to use odin but i get the missing pit errror message.
26th October 2014, 01:11 AM   |  #7  

1 posts
Unhappy I'm interested in knowing how to use the toolkit also
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androidfan253

I can only go on download mode on my note 2 and i've tried to use the toolkit but it only works through ADB.Do you have any other suggestions? Also i've tried to use odin but i get the missing pit errror message.

I've tried the full version on my softbricked t889 and it did not work. Neither does Odin. Everything I've read says my phone is a softbrick because it can go into download mode but that's all it does. My phone doesn't loop and stuff like others it has these white noise and colored lines all across it when i boot it regular. Please someone help mmy phone has been broke since the beginning of this year.
29th October 2014, 02:59 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 235

476 posts
More
This looks like a hardware issue(possibly emmc) but you can always try different versions of ODIN's, a different USB cable or verify USB drivers on your system.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread