AllShareCast/ScreenMirror fix for custom ROMs (I9500, I9505, I9506, E330, N9005)

OP sorg

1st October 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #291  
Thanks Meter: 532

707 posts
More
Sorry man i can't get any time to try this yet, glad someone helped you @cuezaireekaa
The Following User Says Thank You to dramitt_live For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st October 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #292  
Thanks Meter: 213

346 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuezaireekaa

Thanks partner.
Having a bad night. I just burned out my MINIX x8h android TV box, AND my only laptop. Plugged the otg cable in so I can update firmware on the box and as soon as I plugged into the USB it sparked like crazy and started on fire for a few seconds. I pulled the cord out and smelled my fried devices. Lame. My phone is my only device now so I will really need it to watch TV with now. Glad this tweak will work.

Sorry I went off topic for a min there. I'm sad.
Thanks again for the response.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's rough man, I know how that is. My note is currently my laptop as well. At least you have the right phone for the situation :P. I use "moviedroid, showbox, and unis video" along with torrents to feed my needs. If you need anything, I'll do my best to help. Good luck man
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Opensystem For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th October 2014, 10:55 PM   |  #293  
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 2

7 posts
More
Thumbs up Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorg

This fix is for those who like to use AllShareCast/ScreenMirrorwhile on custom ROM (i.e. custom flag is set).

Disclamer: You apply the fix at your own risk. I'm not responsible for any software or hardware damage it can lead. The only thing i can assure is that i've tested fix on my I9500 and I9506 devices and they work fine.

Disclamer 2: I don't provide any technical support for my fixes through PM. So, please don't write PM about porting it to other ROM versions or other devices. I share what i'm doing for myself and have no intention to port it to devices i don't have.

This fix is not really fixes the problem, but turns off HDCP protection. So, the video signal will go to HDMI in clear(unprotected) form. As a side effect, this fix also will be useful for those, who has non-HDCP TV and thus cannot use Screen Mirror function.

I've made versions for 3 different SoCs, thus it should be compatible with almost full range of Samsung top devices:

Thanks you man! I've been trying other options since long time, this worked flawlessly!

Running Lidroid V2.0, Samsung I9500, Exynos processor.
24th October 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #294  
Thanks Meter: 11

79 posts
More
I have the tmobile note 4 with the snapdragon 805 would it be hard to mod the libstagefright_wfd I did it in the at&the note 2
The Following User Says Thank You to alexdr1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th October 2014, 09:19 AM   |  #295  
Thanks Meter: 845

629 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexdr1

I have the tmobile note 4 with the snapdragon 805 would it be hard to mod the libstagefright_wfd I did it in the at&the note 2

If you can't patch the lib file then try the build.prop mod
24th October 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #296  
Thanks Meter: 11

79 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_day

Following the brief guide posted by androidrouen in #35,
Using the hdcpoff_N9005_4.4.2.zip posted by sorg and the N9005_libstagefright_wfd.so.zip posted by jackyaway,

I've managed to patch my copy of the libstagefright_wfd.so for the S5.

That's right, Galaxy S5 SM-G900 (4.4.2) !

Screen Mirroring now works for me running Omega v8.0 and ChronicKernel (SM-G900I).

@sorg feel free to add my patched lib to your OP.

Also, Don't forget to update the permissions on the patched libstagefright_wfd.so (644 (rw-r--r--))

S5 owners and rom chefs, Feel free to redistribute the patched libstagefright_wfd.so but give me some credit where its due.

Thanks to:
sorg
Tyxerakias
androidrouen

would you help me to make a copy for note 4 by pointing your changes thanks

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

i try the build.prop mod didnt work
27th October 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #297  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Any fix for exonys 5420 octa note 3...please please please....
29th October 2014, 02:24 PM   |  #298  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDEVIOUS1

Attn all exynos users...simply add the line wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable to the bottom of your build prop & reboot then u should have working screen mirror with custom kernel and/or recovery. This is not my finding but I have personally tested on my tab S...not sure of the original source of this info so please thk @esgie

Thanks for this it works perfectly on my rooted Galaxy S5 SM-G900F with XXU1ANG2 Firmware i edited the build.prop directly with root explorer no problems.its great for streaming music to my home theatre,beats the pants off using 3.5mm audio cables the sound quality is a lot better.my tv is a current model Sony Bravia KDL60W850B that doesn't require the Source to have HDCP enabled be by the looks of it,hopefully it stays that way

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread