25th September 2014, 09:41 AM   |  #81  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Thumbs up

Thank you
27th September 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #82  

4 posts
Hey all. I'm having some issues I hope you can help me with.

I rooted and flashed my n7000 according to the instructions in this thread. I did it on the 6th of September. I used a CM11 Nightly from that date as the ROM.

Anyway, the phone worked great. I decided I'd update to a new nightly yesterday and updated it from the phone's "about" screen. The phone rebooted and then I started getting "Google Play Services has crashed", along with my back button and menu button not working anymore.

I went into recovery, flashed the old one, kept getting the same problem. Then I figured it must be GAPPS being out of date, so I flashed the new CM11 Sept25 nightly and GAPPS. Menu and back buttons still don't work, but google play services stopped terminating. Instead, Google Keyboard started terminating every so often, as well as my GO Launcher.

Anyway, problems abounds. What did I do wrong? And what can I do to fix this?
27th September 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #83  
Thanks Meter: 2,705

7,158 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroHato

Hey all. I'm having some issues I hope you can help me with.

I rooted and flashed my n7000 according to the instructions in this thread. I did it on the 6th of September. I used a CM11 Nightly from that date as the ROM.

Anyway, the phone worked great. I decided I'd update to a new nightly yesterday and updated it from the phone's "about" screen. The phone rebooted and then I started getting "Google Play Services has crashed", along with my back button and menu button not working anymore.

I went into recovery, flashed the old one, kept getting the same problem. Then I figured it must be GAPPS being out of date, so I flashed the new CM11 Sept25 nightly and GAPPS. Menu and back buttons still don't work, but google play services stopped terminating. Instead, Google Keyboard started terminating every so often, as well as my GO Launcher.

Anyway, problems abounds. What did I do wrong? And what can I do to fix this?

The reason the buttons are not working is because there is no default keyboard in language and input. Set it and keys will start working again. Such issues persisted in the past when you update the rom, gapps also gets wiped and you need to install it again.
So try flashing the rom and gapps.
28th September 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #84  

4 posts
I didn't exactly know where to try and set that, and the thing seemed really unstable with the services and the keyboard terminating all over the place.

Eventually I just ended up performing a rawkernel flash, followed by formatting storage and then putting the latest nightly and gapps. That worked, but of course I lost everything and everything had to be redownloaded again unfortunately.

Wish there was a way to update the thing in a stable and reliable way.

Also, another question: My stylus. It works and has that hover detection, but every time I try to use it, it ends up hitting every letter twice, making it unusable for typing or pretty much anything else. How can that be fixed? I looked in the settings under all the options, keyboard or input, but could not find a solution. Anyone who figured that out yet?
1st October 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #85  
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 555

870 posts
More
Quote:

I didn't exactly know where to try and set that, and the thing seemed really unstable with the services and the keyboard terminating all over the place.

Eventually I just ended up performing a rawkernel flash, followed by formatting storage and then putting the latest nightly and gapps. That worked, but of course I lost everything and everything had to be redownloaded again unfortunately.

Wish there was a way to update the thing in a stable and reliable way.

Also, another question: My stylus. It works and has that hover detection, but every time I try to use it, it ends up hitting every letter twice, making it unusable for typing or pretty much anything else. How can that be fixed? I looked in the settings under all the options, keyboard or input, but could not find a solution. Anyone who figured that out yet?

Try using one of the many backing up apps in playstore. All KK roms have stylus problems whether it's minor or major so we either live with it, or without it (like me for example )

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd October 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #86  

4 posts
Which backup apps are generally regarded as being the best/most unlikely to screw up the restoring process as of KK 4.4.4?
3rd October 2014, 03:27 PM   |  #87  
Flag Jakarta City
Thanks Meter: 555

870 posts
More
Quote:

Which backup apps are generally regarded as being the best/most unlikely to screw up the restoring process as of KK 4.4.4?

I chose Titanium Backup PRO. Sms backup pro is also a good method.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Free mobile app
30th October 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #88  
Flag kowloon

2 posts
More
cant install cwm
i cant install cwm not signed.. my n7000 is rooted how can i? pls help i want to install omni rom.... ive downloaded cwm kitkat compatible zip.. kitkat rom... gapps.. need help thanks in advance
30th October 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #89  
OP Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 508

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spageti257

i cant install cwm not signed.. my n7000 is rooted how can i? pls help i want to install omni rom.... ive downloaded cwm kitkat compatible zip.. kitkat rom... gapps.. need help thanks in advance

Did you even follow the guide?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XxPixX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread