The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

CM11 issues on SHV-E300

OP lunerceli

1st May 2014, 04:31 PM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft. Hood, TX
Thanks Meter: 227

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eungholee2

The guys at Dokdo Project have working sound! but no phone calls as of yet. They seem pretty slow to update, I'm checking out their blogs, but still a no go as of yet.

It's all in korean, but if you want to give them a shot:
http://dokdo-project.com/

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

just another quick tip: Apparently in Korea they have usim (simcard) locks that prevent other models from calling,
You have to manually change the build.prop and change the ro.product.model= to whatever your model is, in my case:

ro.product.model=SHV-E300K

also, I think this might apply to other places in the build.prop as well, but haven't been able to go that far.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

just another quick tip: Apparently in Korea they have usim (simcard) locks that prevent other models from calling,
You have to manually change the build.prop and change the ro.product.model= to whatever your model is, in my case:

ro.product.model=SHV-E300K

also, I think this might apply to other places in the build.prop as well, but haven't been able to go that far.

I have been eating their dokdo project.. I downloaded it and had to change quite a bit of stuff to get it working. But the only have sound. No working calls or data. I provided the fix to them though. I currently have everything working except for calls. I have to fiddle with the ril wrapper a little bit.

Sent from my SHV-E300K using Tapatalk 2
4th May 2014, 06:59 PM   |  #22  
Flag Galle
Thanks Meter: 24

77 posts
More
what is the step now I am waiting for it
5th May 2014, 02:18 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft. Hood, TX

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NK-SOFT

what is the step now I am waiting for it

Right now I am still working on the sound issue still.

12th May 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 1

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunerceli

I have been eating their dokdo project.. I downloaded it and had to change quite a bit of stuff to get it working. But the only have sound. No working calls or data. I provided the fix to them though. I currently have everything working except for calls. I have to fiddle with the ril wrapper a little bit.

Sweet looking forward to hearing from you again.
It's unfortunate that there aren't as many devs in the korean android market as there are abroad.I just saw your post on their facebook page! keep up the good work!
13th May 2014, 01:57 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ft. Hood, TX

505 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eungholee2

Sweet looking forward to hearing from you again.
It's unfortunate that there aren't as many devs in the korean android market as there are abroad.I just saw your post on their facebook page! keep up the good work!

Yeah, I have tried to get in contact with them for a while now but they never answer though. I did how ever find out that they are not building from complete source. They are taking the i9500 source and changing a few values to match theirs and then taking out certain parts. They build the i9500 rom like normal, then after that they are just porting the rom like you see so many others do without putting in the work of doing it correctly. As fas as their working kernel goes, they are just using the stock kernel with a modified ramdisk. The reason that I know this is because I have built using their sources changing nothing and it wouldn't even boot. After that I switched back to my build and used their the kernel from their repository and got the same results. I know it isn't he way that I am doing things because I build using my trees and ramdisk and everything is good except for the sound and calling. Right now though I am out of the loop with building. I am currently moving back to thw states. Once I get back and get set up, then I will continue to build and try to bring it all to our device. Thank you for your support.

13th May 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Thumbs up Patiently waiting to test :D
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunerceli

You're my hero. I've been waiting for a CM port to throw on my SHV-E300K since I bought it a year ago... this Samsung interface is driving me batty.
18th May 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #27  
Flag Galle
Thanks Meter: 24

77 posts
More
When will release it I am still waiting

Sent from my SHV-E300K using Tapatalk
30th October 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 186

161 posts
Donate to Me
Hello,
Good to know that someone started working on an Original Rom
I got a E300K a week ago, i am willing to compile the kernel and may be port the I9500 afterward... any way @lunerceli we could work together to get something done if you still want to

Ler me know

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread