[ROM][AOSP] S4 Google Edition [SafeStrap]

OP jmsq

13th October 2014, 06:37 PM   |  #691  
Flag Western Cape
Thanks Meter: 4

28 posts
More
Works like a charm. But a weird bug is that the lockscreen freezes/doesn't respond when I have Gravitybox installed. I tried every version and they did it all at random.
28th October 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #692  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I really want to use this rom as I really like it, but coming from Hyperdrive, it seems like my battery life is significantly less with the same settings. Any tips on how to make it through the day?
28th October 2014, 05:22 PM   |  #693  
Flag Western Cape

28 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanstein

I really want to use this rom as I really like it, but coming from Hyperdrive, it seems like my battery life is significantly less with the same settings. Any tips on how to make it through the day?

Did you delete batterystats.bin when you get to 100%? Also, for some reason I get the best battery life after ~3-5 days when using the rom. After that it gets AWESOME battery life with ~2-1 days of standby time and over 4 hours of on screen time.
28th October 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #694  

24 posts
So I've had this ROM on my phone for idk how long, near when it came out and was posted on here, anyway it has run great except for a while ago. I'll be making a phone call with WiFi off and it rings then my mobile data goes off then I loose cell signal and the call stops. It happendls every time, literally. A tempory fix I came up with is when I'm connected to WiFi it works just fine, but this is not practical. I'm away from WiFi a lot and I need the ability to call and receive calls. I do NOT want to go back to touchwiz. There has to be someone else with this problem and hopefully a permanent fix. Please help me and respond. Thanks in advance.
28th October 2014, 11:30 PM   |  #695  
Thanks Meter: 92

449 posts
Donate to Me
There are other two versions of GPE that you can try they work well with only a shutdown issue that most GPE version have.
29th October 2014, 10:38 AM   |  #696  
Thanks Meter: 61

157 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTzz_KAMIKAZE

So I've had this ROM on my phone for idk how long, near when it came out and was posted on here, anyway it has run great except for a while ago. I'll be making a phone call with WiFi off and it rings then my mobile data goes off then I loose cell signal and the call stops. It happens every time, literally. A temporary fix I came up with is when I'm connected to WiFi it works just fine, but this is not practical. I'm away from WiFi a lot and I need the ability to call and receive calls. I do NOT want to go back to touchwiz. There has to be someone else with this problem and hopefully a permanent fix. Please help me and respond. Thanks in advance.

I too have been running this rom for several months now. I haven't had your particular problem, however I did run into a situation a few weeks back where my phone was rebooting every time it almost booted completely and as my widgets were repopulating it would reboot never completely populating all my widgets.

Not sure if you have tried to boot into safestrap and wipe your cache, but wiping both my caches worked in my case. Regardless I couldn't imagine going back to Touchwhiz. If you can't get things happened out on this rom there are a couple of others that have more recent development that may work better. For me this rom has never failed me so I have had no reason to try anything different. For me this rom has everything I could ever want in a rom.
Yesterday, 12:57 AM   |  #697  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohacks4pone

Did you delete batterystats.bin when you get to 100%? Also, for some reason I get the best battery life after ~3-5 days when using the rom. After that it gets AWESOME battery life with ~2-1 days of standby time and over 4 hours of on screen time.

I forgot to when I was switching but I did now and it's 5pm with only 45% left with average usage. I was at around 70% with Hyperdrive. Any other ideas what could be the issue?
Yesterday, 04:23 AM   |  #698  
Flag Western Cape

28 posts
More
Quote:

I forgot to when I was switching but I did now and it's 5pm with only 45% left with average usage. I was at around 70% with Hyperdrive. Any other ideas what could be the issue?

I think Hyperdrive is just better with battery life. As it comes built in with greenify and other apps that really improve battery life on Hyperdrive. This is just a AOSP rom ripped straight from i9505G w/ the safestrap kernal and some other things to make it boot. So don't expect much.
Yesterday, 04:55 AM   |  #699  

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohacks4pone

I think Hyperdrive is just better with battery life. As it comes built in with greenify and other apps that really improve battery life on Hyperdrive. This is just a AOSP rom ripped straight from i9505G w/ the safestrap kernal and some other things to make it boot. So don't expect much.

That's fair but even if the battery life isn't as optimized, I don't think my battery should be nearly dead by the end of the workday with minimal usage (I'm a teacher so I don't get to touch my phone much during the day). Especially for a two month old phone so the battery is in near new condition.
Yesterday, 07:02 AM   |  #700  
Flag San Jose
Thanks Meter: 25

181 posts
More
Quote:

That's fair but even if the battery life isn't as optimized, I don't think my battery should be nearly dead by the end of the workday with minimal usage (I'm a teacher so I don't get to touch my phone much during the day). Especially for a two month old phone so the battery is in near new condition.

I'd suggest diagnosing your battery drain with a 3rd party app. I use better battery stats and wakelock detector. Pinpoint if it's the ROM or something else. I get about 1 to 1.5% drain power hour when idle, and around 5 hours of screen on time. Little more or less depending on what I'm doing.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread