[ROM] [4.4.4] [CyanogenMod 11 by Jcsullins] [DM] [10/15/14]

OP BIGSimon

Yesterday, 12:57 AM   |  #831  
Thanks Meter: 148

580 posts
Just updated to 10/15. Everything (camera, Netflix, YouTube) works perfectly. Thanks JC Sullins! Note: corrected my typo... I am on 10/15.
Last edited by Nomad1600; Yesterday at 01:52 AM.
Yesterday, 01:42 AM   |  #832  
Flag Sunny Central Florida!!!
Thanks Meter: 628

1,226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad1600

Just updated to 10/25. Everything (camera, Netflix, YouTube) works perfectly. Thanks JC Sullins!

Haven't seen anything from Sullins about a 10/25 build. Got a link?

NT

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfeng

I just dirty flashed to the 10/15 build over the 10/02 build. Many thanks, working well so far. Is the method below (editing the build.prop file) still recommended to improve Netflix streaming quality? My first initial testing showed the stream to be somewhat pixelated.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2122972

Search this thread. In one of Mr. Sullin's posts where he announced a more recent build, he stated that he was pleased with Netflix performance. Others who installed it confirmed it was working fine.

NT
Yesterday, 01:50 AM   |  #833  
Thanks Meter: 148

580 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevertells2

Haven't seen anything from Sullins about a 10/25 build. Got a link?

NT

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Search this thread. In one of Mr. Sullin's posts where he announced a more recent build, he stated that he was pleased with Netflix performance. Others who installed it confirmed it was working fine.

NT

Ack my fumble fingers typed 10/25 but in fact its 10/15. Sorry for any confusion I caused.
Yesterday, 01:51 AM   |  #834  

1,226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgajjala

Thanks for the inputs . I just flashed the new build with CWM and everything seems to be fine.
I checked the Camera again . in the new build 10/15 also it doesn't open. It throws an error " Can't connect to Camera."
Any suggestions?

It may be that your camera may very will have become disconnected. Mine works fine. I have a friend who has the same problem. Short of dismantling your tablet, others have had some success by firmly but carefully pressing on either side of the camera and getting it to work again.

Here is a link about opening and removing the camera: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Touc...placement/6075

Otherwise you just learn to live with a non-working camera. It's not very good even when it is working.

NT
Yesterday, 05:18 AM   |  #835  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
More
Camera
Quote:

It may be that your camera may very will have become disconnected. Mine works fine. I have a friend who has the same problem. Short of dismantling your tablet, others have had some success by firmly but carefully pressing on either side of the camera and getting it to work again.

Here is a link about opening and removing the camera: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/HP+Touc...placement/6075

Otherwise you just learn to live with a non-working camera. It's not very good even when it is working.

NT

Thanks for the info . I am not too concerned about the camera. I can live with that. Except that everything else seems to e working fine.
Yesterday, 05:00 PM   |  #836  
Thanks Meter: 24

129 posts
Quote:

NT

Was the camera this bad even in webos?
Yesterday, 09:37 PM   |  #837  

1,226 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irha

Was the camera this bad even in webos?

Are you talking about the camera connection coming loose or the fact that HP installed a 1.3MP camera that is like 5+ year old technology?

NT
Today, 12:26 PM   |  #838  
Flag Easton
Thanks Meter: 20

69 posts
More
The camera is in fact terrible no matter what you do. I went as far as searching for an updated camera that would fit in the tablet with the same connector but there is no hope there either.
Today, 02:15 PM   |  #839  
Thanks Meter: 24

129 posts
Quote:

Are you talking about the camera connection coming loose or the fact that HP installed a 1.3MP camera that is like 5+ year old technology?

The later, but you already answered my question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sypherz28

The camera is in fact terrible no matter what you do. I went as far as searching for an updated camera that would fit in the tablet with the same connector but there is no hope there either.

I switched to Android immediately and didn't go back to webos much so couldn't compare.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm11, hp touchpad, kitkat 4.4, tenderloin
Previous Thread Next Thread