Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Use Infrared for remote control

OP Swoncen

19th June 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #11  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6

206 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlrightMister

Couple of possibilities here. Either they used different ir hardware in the otherwise nearly identical LTE version or there is something in the software that unlocks it. I'm hoping software. Can you name a couple of the apps that worked by name so that us V500 users can try them to verify if they work or not for us?(won't work ) Then I guess it's off down the road of stirring up some interest to pick apart the stock vk810 ROM to see what's up with this unlocked ir blaster. Thanks!

I'll try some again tonight after work
20th June 2014, 06:53 AM   |  #12  
Flag Mesa, AZ
Thanks Meter: 6

206 posts
Donate to Me
More
Your right I couldn't get any to work I could have sworn it was my tablet I downloaded remotes for, must have been my HTC one sorry for the confusion.
20th June 2014, 06:54 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
Hey no problem. Thanks for checking.
30th October 2014, 09:50 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 22

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoncen

Hello,

I'm the owner of a brandnew G Pad 8.3 and I'm very happy with it. I just found out, that you can actually use the infrared sensor to turn on/off your devices (TV, Video-Audio Receiver, etc.) but the pre-installed app is limited to TV, Bluray players and DVD players. I found some other apps to simply learn IR codes for other devices but they dont work on my G Pad. I've heard, that one can only access the IR sensor with the LG SDK, and most (probably all) apps wont be able to use this sensor. Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Best Regards

Have this problem on the LG Pad 7.0 lte, while using a digital cam I can see the IR with the stock app, other apps don't send the IR signal.
31st October 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #15  
Flag Mid-Atlantic
Thanks Meter: 104

333 posts
More
LG has not opened up the api. Therefore the non stock remote apps do not work.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread