Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

★★ CROMi-X 7.x Q&A Thread ★★

OP sbdags

Announcement from sbdags: CROMi-X 6.0 released!
9th October 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #151  
Thanks Meter: 9

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

The short answer is no. There is no nvflash backup for the TF701.

Awesome, that's the news I wanted to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndblb

Except for different BL and recovery versions they are very much the same. Only the TF701 runs much better 😀

Noticed that already. I have to say _that and sdbags and everyone who contributed to the efforts to improve TF700T's i/o and everything else, did do a fantastic job. Unfortunately the TF700T just got to the point where I couldn't use it for what I needed (heavy lifting of large PDF's and switching between apps a lot). The TF701 is a lot faster even without CROMi-X, but looking forward to the tweaks to come.
10th October 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #152  
Thanks Meter: 9

53 posts
Up and running on CROMi-X 7.0.3 - anyone else notice a few hiccups?
Unlocked and up on CROMi-X 7.0.3 now. Fantastic work everyone involved.

I had some hiccups flashing the CWM recovery 6.0.5.1 with fastboot, ended up booting to the recovery over fastboot to install CROMi, then later flashing recovery with fastboot worked fine. I think the problem was with rebooting after the flash. I was also working with the tablet in the dock at first. After a few problems I removed it and kept it that way during install. Anyone else seen this?

FWIW, the basic steps were:
* Updated Asus firmware to WW_epaduser_V11_4_1_17_updatelauncher (Android 4.4.2)
* Unlocked with Asus unlock tool
* Fastboot flashed CWM Recovery 6.0.5.1
* CWM Recovery install of CROMi-X 7.0.3

Also at first I was confused by the CROMi-X Aroma installer - it didn't respond to touch. I thought maybe the recovery was causing problems and so I wasted time trying to fix that. After experimenting with Aroma again I realised I could operate it using Vol+/- & Power. Is this normal?

I'm a TF700T CROMi/CROMBi user as well, and so did my Quadrant testing along the way. At this stage I'm not seeing much difference between Asus 4.4.2 and CROMi-X - is this to be expected? I'm using the Stock tweaked kernel and I have disabled journaling (didn't see the journaling make a difference).

I've recorded the Aroma installer options, as I like to keep a record of what I've flashed for if I re-flash (kernels, system vs data apps etc). If I can wrangle tables on here I could post them if anyone is interested.
10th October 2014, 07:06 AM   |  #153  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 1,005

3,044 posts
More
There is no recovery with touch interface for this tablet. The recovery partition is too small for recovery + necessary drivers. We have to live with the button interface - unfortunately.
Don't get hung up on Quadrant. If it was about speed, I would not have unlocked this tablet at all. For me it's about control and customization options (can't live without forward delete for example)
19th October 2014, 11:49 PM   |  #154  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
Just got my tf701t, I love the tablet but the dock not so much. I have the wobble and disconnect form keyboard. I am going to try Joep's kit. I hopes it helps.

But one thing that concerns me, when it goes to sleep when docked, it never wakes up. I have to hold the power button down until it reboots. And when it comes back up it says it is not docked. Anyone else had this?

I have not rooted it yet, could that help with it waking up when docked? Stock is better than my tf700t with its touch screen going bad. I hope it is not a hardware problem with the keyboard. The dock version is DOCK-EC32T-0205, are there other versions that are better or worse?

Thanks
_Tim
20th October 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #155  

5 posts
inverted x-axis after replacing touchscreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusker

It's a simple kernel patch:

diff --git a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
index 30238aa..96a65bf 100644
--- a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
+++ b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
@@ -1842,6 +1842,8 @@ void process_T9_message(u8 *message, struct mxt_data *mxt, int last_touch)
if (mxt->max_y_val < 1024)
ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis
+ xpos = mxt->max_x_val - xpos;
stored_x[touch_number] = xpos;
stored_y[touch_number] = ypos;
fingerInfo[touch_number].x=xpos;

The easiest option is to have two different kernels built, and have aroma choose it.

Otherwise, you can create a more dynamic patch, to detect the hardware version of the panel, and invert automatically. I had this patch laying around, but have lost it, so I can't tell you what version to use.

If you compare the dmesg output for the inverted tf201, and a "normal" one, then we can add C code to dynamically invert the x-axis and not have to worry about different kernels.

on my tf701t the touchscreen version = raydium
I found the driver file (in the kernel files- Raydium RM31080 touchscreen driver ) and the code (void raydium_report_pointer(void *p)) where the touch coordinates are captured .
I tried to build/compile stock source to rom but I have many errors where I can't find an answer for.
I want to build a clean version first and flash it to my tf701t for testing, before i compile a changed version.
But i'm stuck in the part where i have to compile a clean version. If I read this forum, it seems so simple... I keep on trying.
The Following User Says Thank You to IvanVd For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2014, 10:45 PM   |  #156  

5 posts
Red face dmesg uitput from a inverted-x-axis-tf701t
Quote:
Originally Posted by tusker

It's a simple kernel patch:

diff --git a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
index 30238aa..96a65bf 100644
--- a/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
+++ b/drivers/input/touchscreen/atmel_maxtouch.c
@@ -1842,6 +1842,8 @@ void process_T9_message(u8 *message, struct mxt_data *mxt, int last_touch)
if (mxt->max_y_val < 1024)
ypos >>= 2;

+ // invert x-axis
+ xpos = mxt->max_x_val - xpos;
stored_x[touch_number] = xpos;
stored_y[touch_number] = ypos;
fingerInfo[touch_number].x=xpos;

The easiest option is to have two different kernels built, and have aroma choose it.

Otherwise, you can create a more dynamic patch, to detect the hardware version of the panel, and invert automatically. I had this patch laying around, but have lost it, so I can't tell you what version to use.

If you compare the dmesg output for the inverted tf201, and a "normal" one, then we can add C code to dynamically invert the x-axis and not have to worry about different kernels.

i place here my dmesg output file from my tf701 with inverted x-axis, maybe someone can use it to write the code????
I'm still trying to write a clean rom...

update: i've build with succes my first bootimage (kernel) that works wit the latest cm11-build, now i can build a new kernel with a modified touchscreen-driver

i've solved my problem wit the inverted x-axis!!!!!
i've changed my driver for the touchscreen en builded succesfull a new kernel!
for anyone who have the same problem, you can test it with a unlocked tf701t, cm11-rom, and using "fastboot boot invx-boot.img" and flash it with fastboot flash boot invx-boot.img"
Attached Files
File Type: txt dmesg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (128.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: img invx-boot.img - [Click for QR Code] (4.36 MB, 8 views)
Last edited by IvanVd; 7th November 2014 at 01:45 PM. Reason: problem solved!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread