Ask a question

No registration required

Cyanogenmod DSPManager for Stock M8

OP bubbahump

12th June 2014, 11:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

19 posts
Attached to this post is a recovery-flashable .zip I created that will add Cyanogenmod DSP Manager to your stock M8. It works for me and I thought I'd share here and solicit feedback.

I pulled the DSP Manager app and library from the June 11th Cyanogenmod nightly build for the M8. I also pulled the audio_effects.conf file from this patch: http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/65...o_effects.conf . I packaged the three files into a .zip that can be flashed from recovery (I've tested with TWRP). I tested this on my phone running stock 1.55.605.2 firmware.

I suggest backing up via nandroid or other means before flashing this. You're on your own if this breaks your phone, as I only know that this works on my phone and make no promises that it won't brick yours or burn down your house /etc.

I also suggest disabling "Boomsound" by editing the following line in /system/customize/ACC/default.xml to change the value for 'support_boomsound_effect' to 'false':
Code:
<item type="boolean" name="support_boomsound_effect">false</item>
Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DSPManager_M8_20140611.zip - [Click for QR Code] (525.9 KB, 163 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubbahump For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st October 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 17

140 posts
More
Dont mean to bump and old thread but this is all i ever wanted is GPe and DSPmanager, others prefer V4A but i could never get the perfect bass i liked

This worked on my GPe rom with no problems, however i made a slight change and modified the audio_effects.conf that came with the rom with the changes in yours and boom worked
Last edited by nags92; 31st October 2014 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Typo
1st November 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 5,343

4,391 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yeah works perfectly for music players, wish it would work with Pandora/Spotify
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
equalizer sound dspmanager
Previous Thread Next Thread