Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HTC One M8 Flashing Rom - set_perm: some changes failed

OP Fizzy99

1st November 2014, 08:23 AM   |  #11  
Flag Lyman, ME
Thanks Meter: 9

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcarnevale

I was struggling with this issue while trying to install several ROMs. The reason I was getting this is because I was starting with a GPE phone and was trying to install ROMs that we based on HTC's Sense build (Viper, ARHD, etc...)

The reason is that the partition sizes are different between GPE and stock HTC. I believe that you will encounter the same issue if you installed the GPE RUU on your phone and are trying to revert.

I followed the instructions found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2733523 which required me to flash the firmware from what I had back to an HTC version (after this step I got the HTC logo upon restart instead of the google logo) Flashing this firmware must set the partition sizes to the appropriate values because after this I was able to install the Viper ROM without issue.

Hey guys

I had this same issue and here is what i did.
Boot into CWM
wipe as usual
->Mounts and Storage->format system ->format Data ->Format Cache
->install zip ->your rom

voila!

Worked for me. Thank me if it helps
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread