Covert HTC One M8 Verizon to Fully Compatible T-Mobile Version

OP TechSoft

19th October 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #121  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
Unhappy Got the 4G icon but...
Hi all,
I have a Verizon M8 on which I installed Viper 2.5.0 with the T-Mobile setting during installation.

The problem is I have the 4G icon lit in my area (I live in Belgium) but the speed is an HSPA+ one, not LTE (13Mbps). I also had a friend of mine with a SIM from my provider testing the speed at the same time with an iphone 5S and he was getting 27Mbps...

My question to you is: is there anything else I can do to have real LTE speed on my phone?
I honestly didn't have the courage to use QPST and mess with the bands: anybody tried that? Any experience?

Thanks a lot,
Antonio
20th October 2014, 10:00 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 13

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad3389

Hi all,
I have a Verizon M8 on which I installed Viper 2.5.0 with the T-Mobile setting during installation.

The problem is I have the 4G icon lit in my area (I live in Belgium) but the speed is an HSPA+ one, not LTE (13Mbps). I also had a friend of mine with a SIM from my provider testing the speed at the same time with an iphone 5S and he was getting 27Mbps...

My question to you is: is there anything else I can do to have real LTE speed on my phone?
I honestly didn't have the courage to use QPST and mess with the bands: anybody tried that? Any experience?

Thanks a lot,
Antonio

For your carrier, find out what radio bands they use. The Verizon m8 may not have the LTE bands that your carrier has
20th October 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
well theoretically it should : it's band 3 (1800 MHz)...

Should I go ahead trying QPST ?

Anybody tried that on the Verizon M8?

thanks,
Antonio

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app
28th October 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #124  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 35

262 posts
More
Does this still work?
Does this still work on the newest Verizon firmware? I can't get wifi working on the latest ARHD (21 or 2.1 I think), but I didn't try flashing Elemental. I can't find the most recent version of Elemental, and don't want to flash something from months ago if it won't work.
28th October 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 21

139 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal916

Does this still work on the newest Verizon firmware? I can't get wifi working on the latest ARHD (21 or 2.1 I think), but I didn't try flashing Elemental. I can't find the most recent version of Elemental, and don't want to flash something from months ago if it won't work.

You need this: http://android-edge.com/forum/viewto...713d06de168b81
29th October 2014, 01:06 AM   |  #126  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 35

262 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by svil3

You need this: http://android-edge.com/forum/viewto...713d06de168b81

Thanks! Have you used this on VZW M8 with ARHD? Does the wifi work with this kernel?
1st November 2014, 10:39 AM   |  #127  
Flag alex
Thanks Meter: 280

593 posts
More
Now the interesting Part which making me crazy
How can a lot of you flash arhd to your Verizon m8 ???? Although arhd script flashes the system to mmcblk0p45 !! And boot.img to mmcblk0p42 !!

While Verizon one m8 has system at mmcblk0p46 and boot at mmcblk0p43 !!!!

Can anyone upload the updater script from the arhd Rom which worked for him on Verizon m8

It seems very strange that it's working but Sprint has the same partition structure so it should work with Sprint only not verizon

Edit :
Even elemental kernel 0.4 linked in the the first post flashes the kernel to mmcblk0p42 which is reserve partition for Verizon devices not boot !!!
Last edited by mido.fayad; 1st November 2014 at 10:53 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread