OP mmystere68

2nd June 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mautitius
Thanks Meter: 8

88 posts
Donate to Me
More
I wanted to know whether the i777 battery is compatible with the the i9100 and vice versa.
2nd June 2014, 01:21 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,303

1,302 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmystere68

I wanted to know whether the i777 battery is compatible with the the i9100 and vice versa.

You'll lose NFC, as the 9100 doesn't support it, and you may have random reboots from time to time... but it will sort-of work. In the "old" days (I'm sure it still persists), charging the 9100 battery inside an i777 sometimes wouldn't work, so just be aware of these potential issues.

These were my experiences with it 2 years ago (on the i777 side, can't speak to the 9100), and while there are some around here who will say they ARE compatible, they're not really.

One other thing, please search next time before posting - these threads are all over this forum and have been answered/debated for 2 1/2 years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 02:02 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Mautitius

88 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMurphy

You'll lose NFC, as the 9100 doesn't support it, and you may have random reboots from time to time... but it will sort-of work. In the "old" days (I'm sure it still persists), charging the 9100 battery inside an i777 sometimes wouldn't work, so just be aware of these potential issues.

These were my experiences with it 2 years ago (on the i777 side, can't speak to the 9100), and while there are some around here who will say they ARE compatible, they're not really.

One other thing, please search next time before posting - these threads are all over this forum and have been answered/debated for 2 1/2 years.

I just got two spare extended batteries for my i777 and i dont know what to do with them....most people here uses the international i9100 s2.....can i sell the i777 batteries to them?? Will it work on their i9100?
2nd June 2014, 08:06 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 2,303

1,302 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmystere68

...can i sell the i777 batteries to them?? Will it work on their i9100?

Sorry, no idea. Perhaps someone who knows will chime in.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveMurphy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 04:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Flag Mautitius

88 posts
Donate to Me
More
it is compatible!!
Sold one to my friend about 2-3 months ago and it is running fine. No problem whatsoever.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread