FORUMS

3D Printable Mobile Microscope? Nexus 7 Discontinued – XDA TV

The Nexus 7 2013 has been discontinued on the Google Store! That and … more

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Droid Razr M xt907 WiFi & Tethering hack on KitKat 4.4

4th April 2014, 08:06 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
I tried a search for the first before posting and did not find anything in regards to it however I just recently upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 on my rooted Droid RAZR M xt907.

I found out after upgrading that apparently I no longer could enable WiFi or tethering, even when using foxfi and after doing some searching found that the entitlement hack previously used no longer work either I stumbled across a post in regards to a new entitlement hack that was working for the Droid Maxx and decided to give it a try on my RAZR M and although needing to bypass step 3 as I could not locate those files listed and proceeding to follow the rest of the guide exactly as detailed I now have restored my wifi hotspot and tethering access and it is working great. I just wantedpos post to help anyone that might still be using the RAZR M and have upgraded to KitKat and lost their hotspot and tethering access.
I do want to note also, that I am also running the custom Beanstalk 4.4 ROM on my phone as I am not sure that if it matters or not.
Below is the link to the original thread I found.

Keep in mind that I had to skip step 3 because I could not locate the named files on my particular phone, but followed up everything else exactly and hotspot and tether are working great now!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578410

I hope you this helps someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to tatsunn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
16th June 2014, 12:24 AM |#2  
Strife89's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsunn

I tried a search for the first before posting and did not find anything in regards to it however I just recently upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 on my rooted Droid RAZR M xt907.

I found out after upgrading that apparently I no longer could enable WiFi or tethering, even when using foxfi and after doing some searching found that the entitlement hack previously used no longer work either I stumbled across a post in regards to a new entitlement hack that was working for the Droid Maxx and decided to give it a try on my RAZR M and although needing to bypass step 3 as I could not locate those files listed and proceeding to follow the rest of the guide exactly as detailed I now have restored my wifi hotspot and tethering access and it is working great. I just wantedpos post to help anyone that might still be using the RAZR M and have upgraded to KitKat and lost their hotspot and tethering access.
I do want to note also, that I am also running the custom Beanstalk 4.4 ROM on my phone as I am not sure that if it matters or not.
Below is the link to the original thread I found.

Keep in mind that I had to skip step 3 because I could not locate the named files on my particular phone, but followed up everything else exactly and hotspot and tether are working great now!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578410

I hope you this helps someone.

Might be a good idea to move this to the dedicated Razr M forum; I only stumbled upon this through Googling.

I tried this on my own RM, which is running the stock KitKat firmware with a locked bootloader (I just rooted today with towelroot), and it works fine (step 3 was needed). My phone rebooted the first time I tried to activate the tether (step 8), but it worked on the second attempt.
23rd June 2014, 03:22 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strife89

Might be a good idea to move this to the dedicated Razr M forum; I only stumbled upon this through Googling.

I tried this on my own RM, which is running the stock KitKat firmware with a locked bootloader (I just rooted today with towelroot), and it works fine (step 3 was needed). My phone rebooted the first time I tried to activate the tether (step 8), but it worked on the second attempt.

Just curious,

I am grandfathered into unlimited data for verizon. This worked for me. Will I be charged $30 to use the stock wifi-tethering?

I have rooted, and this method worked. Only the stock wifi tether works for me...I have tried a lot of 3rd party wifi tether apps with no luck.
23rd June 2014, 03:17 PM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
the OP of your quoted post also made a separate post dedicated to the Razr m xt907 for KK; works like a charm

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787763

thanks again @Topsnake
The Following User Says Thank You to stras1234 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th August 2014, 03:22 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stras1234

the OP of your quoted post also made a separate post dedicated to the Razr m xt907 for KK; works like a charm

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2787763

thanks again @Topsnake

I tried the tether exploit on my xt907 with KK and got tether, but it messed up my screen layout (large icons overlapping text). Not sure where the problem lies.
8th August 2014, 05:14 AM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKitsune

I tried the tether exploit on my xt907 with KK and got tether, but it messed up my screen layout (large icons overlapping text). Not sure where the problem lies.

yup messed mine up too
8th August 2014, 05:43 AM |#7  
ezknives's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 256
 
More
Did you guys use the right build.prop for your system version?
Post over here if that's what you used..
Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd November 2014, 02:40 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Problems with method
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatsunn

I tried a search for the first before posting and did not find anything in regards to it however I just recently upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 on my rooted Droid RAZR M xt907.

I found out after upgrading that apparently I no longer could enable WiFi or tethering, even when using foxfi and after doing some searching found that the entitlement hack previously used no longer work either I stumbled across a post in regards to a new entitlement hack that was working for the Droid Maxx and decided to give it a try on my RAZR M and although needing to bypass step 3 as I could not locate those files listed and proceeding to follow the rest of the guide exactly as detailed I now have restored my wifi hotspot and tethering access and it is working great. I just wantedpos post to help anyone that might still be using the RAZR M and have upgraded to KitKat and lost their hotspot and tethering access.
I do want to note also, that I am also running the custom Beanstalk 4.4 ROM on my phone as I am not sure that if it matters or not.
Below is the link to the original thread I found.

Keep in mind that I had to skip step 3 because I could not locate the named files on my particular phone, but followed up everything else exactly and hotspot and tether are working great now!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2578410

I hope you this helps someone.

I was not able to rename any of the files as .bak as required using that method with the Jrummy root explorer....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes