CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

SOFT silicone case

OP Mokele Mbembe

22nd January 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag On the border
Thanks Meter: 2

32 posts
More
Any recommendations? All I am getting are semi-soft cases, which slipped from my shirt pocket every time I bend to pick something, No damage to the phone yet, but I am afraid, it's inevitable. I've had those soft gel cases before, on my previous phones, and it never happened
Last edited by Mokele Mbembe; 22nd January 2014 at 08:35 AM.
22nd January 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta, GA USA
Thanks Meter: 186

601 posts
More
https://www.google.com/search?q=moto...56072497072998
22nd January 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag On the border

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen69

https://www.google.com/search?q=moto...56072497072998

Thanks, but the sites usually don't say whether its soft or semi-soft. I already bought 3 from 3 different vendors and they all turned to be crap.
I need users recommendations.
I know how to Google, no offence
22nd January 2014, 07:57 PM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta, GA USA

601 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokele Mbembe

Thanks, but the sites usually don't say whether its soft or semi-soft. I already bought 3 from 3 different vendors and they all turned to be crap.
I need users recommendations.
I know how to Google, no offence

The one I showed you isn't shiny, and looks real soft. Go to amazon and read user reviews.
23rd January 2014, 10:32 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 100

276 posts
I am about to order a Moto G and will probably order this silicon case, which has gotten decent reviews from 3 users (I just wish it was available in black). http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Cell-Mot...f=pd_sim_cps_1
24th January 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag On the border

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke1973

I am about to order a Moto G and will probably order this silicon case, which has gotten decent reviews from 3 users (I just wish it was available in black). http://www.amazon.com/Eagle-Cell-Mot...f=pd_sim_cps_1

One of the reviews says:
Quote:

This is a HARD Case. This is not a Rubber Case as it says in the Title, I don't have good expectation of it.

24th January 2014, 07:10 PM   |  #7  
OP Member
Flag On the border

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfen69

The one I showed you isn't shiny, and looks real soft. Go to amazon and read user reviews.

Which one? If I click the link I have tons in the search results.
Also TPU is not soft. Remove "TPU" from any search (google or ebay) and you'll find very few cases, all questionable.
There are still tons of SOFT cases for older phones like my Moto Defy
Here's one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/YELLOW-Motor...item4d17d423cf
24th January 2014, 07:26 PM   |  #8  
Flag Atlanta, GA USA

601 posts
More
I don't see any soft silicone cases for the moto g.
Last edited by wolfen69; 24th January 2014 at 07:31 PM.
14th February 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #9  
OP Member
Flag On the border

32 posts
More
Have 3 cases now All garbage, very slippery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mokele Mbembe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd November 2014, 09:36 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 5

56 posts
Not much to choose from......bummer
I have just got a first gen Moto G......cant believe by this time since its release... that only 2 soft/flexible silicone/grippy cases can be found.

It's either the Body Glove one or the super cheap chinese one that is too flappy and dosnt fit tight enough cause it it too thin. The chinese one is grippy and soft. Im not sure about the Body Glove one as far as not feeling grippy enough. It appears to be nice and flexible yet more dense material than the thin chinese one.

I wish I could find a case for this Moto G that is made with the same material Bobjear uses. I have one on my N7 and it is nice, though some will not like its over sized bumper band and overall weight. But the type of silicone Bobjgear uses is the best in the industry for grip, fit for a soft material, and density for protection.

Anyone else have any info on soft cases for the Moto G that are not slippery? The cases are all TPU types or dual silicon soft with a slippery plastic 2nd layer.....

I want one that will not allow the phone to slip off my leather car seat when I am driving for instance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT AFTER GETTING BODYGLOVE SATIN CASE (quick review)

So I was excited to get the body glove case for a few reasons.

1. it reshapes the bottom of the phone so it lays flat
2. has cut outs for the volume and power key making it easier to find and use quickly compared to covered ones
3. may be softer than the million other TPU type cases

But now after getting it......it failed in the one area of being at all close to anything soft or silicone. It is pretty much the same TPU type material as the million others out there. Though it has that etched/molded "satin finish" lines on the back, they only provide slight help in grip as the material is slippery anyway like the other TPU cases. It is nice that the molded cut lines on the side give it some decent feel and slightly better grip than a smooth TPU case.

The cut outs:
-All the cut outs are slightly larger than the few other cases I have seen in general.
-Charge port cut out is not at all restrictive to any of the many plugs I use.
- Headphone hole is plenty big enough to work with several different sized headset plugs I have.
-Mic holes are larger than the exit holes on the phone which allow sound to travel easy into phone.
- Power and volume cut outs are also wide as well. The opening off the bottom of the keys is done so
your fingers can rest and or quickly adjust as needed. It is also easy to do in the dark or not looking at the keys.
- Speaker and the Camera cut outs are perfect and not too big or too small, very well done.

As mentioned one of the aspects I like very much with this case is that you can rest the phone on its back and it does not rock or move around when you use the touch screen.

The lip of the case over the top of the screen is not tall, maybe 1-1.5mm above the screen. It also does not hang deep into the screen off the sides which would limit any swiping ability from any side of the screen.

Over all I like the case a lot, I just wish it was closer to being a softer silicone type material for grip in the hand as well as its grip on things like car seats, my counsel above the shift lever (that fake wood laminate) that i often set it on to use GPS while driving, and any other surface it may be knocked off accidentally like tables and such.

I give this Body Glove Satin case a solid 8.5/10 personal rating. All and all its nicer to use than the super thin flimsy cheap Chinese silicone case I got for $5. That cheap silicon one is still the only one I can find that is soft silicon entirely.

Still.......if anyone knows of a softer silicone case that is not whimpy....let me know. Not looking for a $35-50 high end one though.
Last edited by RR215; 11th November 2014 at 05:02 AM. Reason: added info after getting case

The Following User Says Thank You to RR215 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread