Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HELP! no signal

OP giozera

24th May 2014, 03:49 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

53 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by giozera

I got replacement toda so far so good.
yea I noticed that signal is not as strong as it was on my Xperia Z. even lost signal at the places where my Z was solid. hope this could be solved with future software update.

Thanks man, it seems that's just how the phone is, maybe I can stop worrying so much about that now, especially since this Z2 I have has no defects that are so plentiful on other user's phones.

And like I said, it's not such a big deal when I'm in places with adequate coverage so it's tolerable. I updated to .402 yesterday and there isn't any change with signal but I'm holding out for more updates that can help out with coverage. I'm thinking once the Z2 is released in some way in the US (carrier or Sony store) that there will be an update then that may help us out.
Last edited by CCDillon; 24th May 2014 at 03:52 PM.
24th May 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

28 posts
I'm probably the last person to be offering advice in this forum, however, just a couple days ago I noticed I had no data connectivity at all. Calls and texting still worked, but no cellular data. All my APN setting were correct and even though airplane mode was not selected, turning it off and on again got my data connection back. Just something stumbled upon and I have no idea if it applies to anyone elses issue here. Just thought I'd toss it out there in case it helps just one person.
24th May 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #13  
OP Member
Manville, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluheart

Try rebooting 3-4 times and then wait. This should solve the problem.

Check the baseband version online and on your phone.

Solve which problem? The one i posted in very first post or the weak signal on my replacement? I did more than 5 reboots to solve first proble but nope.
Now this very weak signal worries me it loosed signal at places where my old Z was great. Hope this phone doesn't end up super problematic

Sent from my SGP521
27th May 2014, 09:52 AM   |  #14  
Flag Kozhikode
Thanks Meter: 189

713 posts
More
Sony Service will service/replace the set, if needed. So please do check in there.
28th May 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #15  
OP Member
Manville, NJ
Thanks Meter: 1

42 posts
More
phone is amazing everything works smooth, but weak signal is getting on my nerves! looses signal very often and data gets really slow because of low signal even when LTE is available. I live in brooklyn ny and my xperia Z didn't have this issue at all. hopefully this could be fixed soon by software update.
28th May 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #16  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 184

1,535 posts
More
Drop down quick settings from home and ensure LTE is ticked on.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
29th May 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #17  
Flag usa
Thanks Meter: 44

905 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by augie7107

Drop down quick settings from home and ensure LTE is ticked on.

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

In that case there is only one way to sloved problem
Call sony xperia department let them fix it or replace new one. Don't even think phone can repair itself
3rd November 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Same problem
My sisters got the same problem,

Help line, Tech team no help what so ever !!!

Been on the phone for over 2 weeks !!!

They wont solve the problem what so ever !

One tech team even said "buy a new phone" !! such great customer service !!

They are wanting 150 for it so it can be "fixed"..... also wanting 40 for the month contract despite not having the phone !!!

I understand who you feel... they are no use what so ever and rude...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread