FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q] NFC turning off randomly

39 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By telveer, Member on 30th April 2014, 12:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
NFC is turning off randomly on my S5. At first I thought I had turned it off by mistake but it is repeatedly turning off and I am now positive I am not turning it off by mistake. I don't use Power Saving Mode and my phone is always has 50% of more battery. Is anyone else facing this problem?
 
 
30th April 2014, 07:23 AM |#2  
WrathfulWine858@yahoo.com's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by telveer

NFC is turning off randomly on my S5. At first I thought I had turned it off by mistake but it is repeatedly turning off and I am now positive I am not turning it off by mistake. I don't use Power Saving Mode and my phone is always has 50% of more battery. Is anyone else facing this problem?

I just tested this, it is from TURNING YOUR PHONE ON AND OFF. If you turn on s beam, then turn the device off, when you turn it back on the s beam will in fact be OFF. Try this, may be helpful.
30th April 2014, 12:48 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WrathfulWine858@yahoo.com

I just tested this, it is from TURNING YOUR PHONE ON AND OFF. If you turn on s beam, then turn the device off, when you turn it back on the s beam will in fact be OFF. Try this, may be helpful.


By turning off, did you mean a full power down? I did not power down the phone. And I don't use S Beam. The native NFC itself is turning off once in a while, without any user intervention. This is breaking some of my automated NFC taksks .. I keep hitting my programmed tags and nothing happens, and that is when I realize NFC had turned off.
6th May 2014, 08:42 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
--- bump ---

Any one else facing this issue? NFC is turning off randomly on my Galaxy S5. I don't use any power saving features. I have not restarted my phone.

Many users on AndroidCentral are reporting the same problem: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ff-itself.html
18th May 2014, 07:11 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by telveer

--- bump ---

Any one else facing this issue? NFC is turning off randomly on my Galaxy S5. I don't use any power saving features. I have not restarted my phone.

Many users on AndroidCentral are reporting the same problem: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ff-itself.html

The issue for me, at least, is not tied to turning the phone off and on. I do notice the NFC turning off whenever I use the camera from the lock screen. Perhaps as a security feature, the phone turns off NFC if you wake the phone only in the lock screen camera (normally NFC turns on when the phone wakes), but never reactivates it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
19th May 2014, 12:49 AM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
My NFC turns off randomly as well, with no consistent cause and effect.
19th May 2014, 02:28 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlin5741

The issue for me, at least, is not tied to turning the phone off and on. I do notice the NFC turning off whenever I use the camera from the lock screen. Perhaps as a security feature, the phone turns off NFC if you wake the phone only in the lock screen camera (normally NFC turns on when the phone wakes), but never reactivates it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app

I tested on a friend's s5, has the same pattern. Turn NFC on, as soon as I activate camera from the lock screen, the NFC will turn off and stay off.

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Free mobile app
4th November 2014, 11:07 AM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thumbs down
Did anyone ever resolve this issue?

I see the same behaviour, NFC switches itself off when i use the lock screen camera for definite.

It may also switch off occasionally after a reboot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes