It is not a fact. It is a matter of opinion. All computing devices have response times greater than zero. Some people will implicitly define lag as 0.1 second, some might define it as 0.5 sec. Some might define it as 1 second.
Since there is no standardized definition of "lag", saying a device has lag or not, is merely stating a personal impression.
Placing my S5 next to my G-Pro and an S3, I can barely tell any difference at all. The S3 has more but I have to concentrate to see it and have them side by side
---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------
Speaking of lag...this is sort of related in a round about way, LOL
Can anyone running "swiftkey" pop into your running apps/processes and see how much ram it is eating. (as long as your runtime has not been changed) if you dont know what that is, then it has not been changed. I see something interesting and just wanted to confirm. thanks
---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------
---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------
Here is what iv'e done this far that would have an effect on perceived "lag"
1. Turned off animations. Biggest difference thus far in perception of speed "lag"
2. Debloated which in turn got rid of a few things running in the background http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2719325 . Made a noticeable difference, but not as much as # 1
3. Switched my runtime to ART. No perceivable difference so far but its only been converted over for a couple hours. I'll report back in a few days. May or may not have some very slight benefit in other areas.
4. Side loaded Google experience launcher (now launcher) what ever you want to call it. Seemed snappier but it may have been a placebo effect. Not enough difference in any case to cause me to keep it. I did not care for the overall look and resolution. I also tried Nova launcher; I think it is the best alternative launcher right now for the s5 although the perceived lag was only minutely improved if at all, there are other benefits to Nova. After saying that I'll admit that I did not keep Nova but not because of any inherent problems, only because I actually don't think that Touch Wiz is bad after turning off the bloat and the animations. It is a heck of a lot better than it was on the s3....that is certain.
5. Pray daily for root exploit...seems to help a bit