Guide to use the Sprint LG G2 (LS980) with AT&T or Tmobile

OP brandonbarlow

28th October 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #311  
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zizoux2

Hi Brandon,

I'm buying a second hand Sprint LG G2 and I have a question about its operation at frequencies 850/1900 UMTS/HSPA+.

All the official specs says that Sprint LG G2 only works at 2100 UMTS/HSPA+.

So my question is, can you confirm that by unlocking will connect to 3G/UMTS/HSPA+ carriers like AT&T that only works at 850/1900?

Sorry if I'm bothering you but I needed to ask you this question because in the entire forum could not find a clarification on this.

I could not get my AT&T sim to work with data at all. Tried APN and editing build.prop. Switched over to a T-Mobile sim and it worked with HSPA+. Here are the steps I took.
5th November 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #312  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 475

2,225 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindontcare

It DOES recognize it, but only for about 2 seconds, sometimes it says "no service" but it usually says "service disabled" & I don't know about that, but I went to T-mobile & they've tried checking the IMEI & registering to their network, but it just kept saying something like "the sim cannot be registered at this time" in mobile settings can you please provide a link of somebody doing all the steps? I really wanna get this phone unlocked because I love it so much, but ima have to trade up if I can't figure it out

Hey, don't copy carrier folder as it is instead copy contents of carrier folder inside the /carrier & replace folders when prompted. then set permission of carrier folder & reboot. This worked for me.
5th November 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #313  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanM

Hey, don't copy carrier folder as it is instead copy contents of carrier folder inside the /carrier & replace folders when prompted. then set permission of carrier folder & reboot. This worked for me.

What permissions do i set? (:
6th November 2014, 04:11 AM   |  #314  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 475

2,225 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindontcare

What permissions do i set? (:

These...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version