3rd September 2014, 06:36 AM   |  #41  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 582

444 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen777

Is this notion different for the n8 vs all other devices?

I honestly never hear of not needing root for custom rom

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Sounds interesting could you give me a link for the n8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramjet73

I think he meant you could flash a ROM that is already rooted once you have a custom recovery installed and not have to worry about rooting it yourself, although that's always been just a flash of a superuser zip file from recovery for me.

Be advised though that once you are using a Samsung KNOX enabled bootloader (like the KitKat 4.4.2 version for the Note 8.0) either of those actions (flashing recovery or ROM) will trip the KNOX flag and void your warranty. Some people have said they were able to root without tripping that flag by using an app that invokes an exploit to gain temporary root and install the required bin files, but I haven't tested that on my N5110 since I always intended to flash custom ROM's and kernels.

ramjet73

Yeah that's exactly what i meant, since almost all custom ROMs come with root anyway. If not simply flash the supersu zip after the ROM and you'll have root. Sorry for not being clearer earlier. I've been running the new bootloader ever since it came out too. Not too concerned with the KNOX flag since I'm not planning on returning it or anything. I think my flag count is around 500-600 right now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryukiri For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2014, 10:34 AM   |  #42  
Flag Hitchin, UK
Thanks Meter: 12

412 posts
More
Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread