Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Flashtool: stuck on "Processing fota-reset.ta" [SOLVED]

OP SÜPERUSER

27th May 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #1  
SÜPERUSER's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
541 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Yep... as the title says. Im stuck here. I have used flashtool many many times before, but this scares me. What happens if I pull the cable or shut the app down?
Will it hard brick?

I downloaded the .ftf from here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B51NB...xport=download in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2453921


log:
Quote:

27/016/2014 19:16:24 - INFO - <- This level is successfully initialized
27/016/2014 19:16:24 - INFO - Flashtool Version 0.9.11.0 built on 2013-06-04 22:50:00
27/016/2014 19:16:29 - INFO - Device connected in flash mode
27/016/2014 19:16:50 - INFO - Selected C6833 / 14.3.A.0.757 / EURO-LTE
27/016/2014 19:16:50 - INFO - Preparing files for flashing
27/017/2014 19:17:17 - INFO - Please connect your device into flashmode.
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Opening device for R/W
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Reading device information
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Phone ready for flashmode operations.
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Current device : Unknown: Feb 21 2014/16:16:11 - EP7331CMGW - Unknown: Feb 21 2014/16:16:11 - Unknown: Feb 21 2014/16:16:11 - Unknown: Feb 21 2014/16:16:11
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Start Flashing
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Processing loader
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Checking header
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Flashing data
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Loader : S1_Root_6732 - Version : MSM8974_23 / Bootloader status : ROOTED
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Processing partition-image.sin
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Checking header
27/017/2014 19:17:18 - INFO - Flashing data
27/017/2014 19:17:19 - INFO - Flashing cust-reset.ta
27/017/2014 19:17:19 - INFO - Writing TA unit : [00, 00, 08, A4, 00, 00, 00, 0E, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00, 00]
27/017/2014 19:17:19 - INFO - Processing kernel.sin
27/017/2014 19:17:19 - INFO - Checking header
27/017/2014 19:17:19 - INFO - Flashing data
27/017/2014 19:17:20 - INFO - Processing fotakernel.sin
27/017/2014 19:17:20 - INFO - Checking header
27/017/2014 19:17:20 - INFO - Flashing data
27/017/2014 19:17:22 - INFO - Processing fota-reset.ta



edit: downloading older .ftf just in case I dare to try
edit2: pulled the cable and tried again. Got stuck in the exact same spot. Gonna wait for older .ftf file to finish and try that.
edit3 tried downloading .681 but getting the same result
edit4 my fault for not updating to flashtool v0.9.16.0 ...flashing is going now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.png
Views:	219
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	2766038  
Last edited by SÜPERUSER; 28th May 2014 at 12:20 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SÜPERUSER For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st November 2014, 08:36 PM   |  #2  
the_prodigal_coder's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SÜPERUSER

Yep... as the title says. Im stuck here. I have used flashtool many many times before, but this scares me. What happens if I pull the cable or shut the app down?
Will it hard brick?

I downloaded the .ftf from here https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B51NB...xport=download in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2453921


log:




edit: downloading older .ftf just in case I dare to try
edit2: pulled the cable and tried again. Got stuck in the exact same spot. Gonna wait for older .ftf file to finish and try that.
edit3 tried downloading .681 but getting the same result
edit4 my fault for not updating to flashtool v0.9.16.0 ...flashing is going now

So did updating the flashtool work ?
1st November 2014, 10:16 PM   |  #3  
blueether's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thanks Meter: 1,377
 
3,004 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Going by edit 4 I'd say yes it worked fine
1st November 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #4  
the_prodigal_coder's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueether

Going by edit 4 I'd say yes it worked fine

Well good sir, thanks for replying. I need help here, Usually when I want to go back to stock firmware I just flash the ftf file of the respective android version for my device... mundane stuff really; but today I tried doing the same, but flashtool refuses to flash FOTA kernel (stuck at loading data)
I have Locked bootloader
I Have reinstalled 3 different versions of flashtool
I have tried 3 different sources for the same ftf
I am using the T2 Ultra Dual btw
Flashtool flashes system and data fine, and then I boot into stock like nothing happened (I mean I lose root and recovery and it looks completely stock)
but I remember that I used to flash the ftf as a complete package without excluding the kernel etc.
now flashtool doesnt let me flash the stock ftf as a whole
I was rooted, with NUT's Dual recovery
4th November 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #5  
SÜPERUSER's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 113
 
541 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_prodigal_coder

So did updating the flashtool work ?

yes it did work fine updating the flashtool software. It solved my issue. Sorry about late answer. I've been sick for the last 4-5 days..or whatever...I don't even know what day it is now ..thuesday
4th November 2014, 08:56 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 86
 
261 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_prodigal_coder

Well good sir, thanks for replying. I need help here, Usually when I want to go back to stock firmware I just flash the ftf file of the respective android version for my device... mundane stuff really; but today I tried doing the same, but flashtool refuses to flash FOTA kernel (stuck at loading data)
I have Locked bootloader
I Have reinstalled 3 different versions of flashtool
I have tried 3 different sources for the same ftf
I am using the T2 Ultra Dual btw
Flashtool flashes system and data fine, and then I boot into stock like nothing happened (I mean I lose root and recovery and it looks completely stock)
but I remember that I used to flash the ftf as a complete package without excluding the kernel etc.
now flashtool doesnt let me flash the stock ftf as a whole
I was rooted, with NUT's Dual recovery

Well, there's your problem. The T2 Dual is not the Z Ultra. Two different devices. You should be in this section.
5th November 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #7  
the_prodigal_coder's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by H. E. Pennypacker

Well, there's your problem. The T2 Dual is not the Z Ultra. Two different devices. You should be in this section.

1. I obviously searched there first... no one seems to have had a problem even remotely similar to mine
2. T2 Ultra is not that popular a device... So if I find someone with a different device but the same/similar problem, I'd have better luck there right?
3. Since excluding the fotakernel.sin before flashing "solves" the issue, I am not actually worried... Just curious, because a stock ftf should be flashable 'as is'
4. I have exams going on now, and if I don't find a solution anywhere on the Internet in the meantime, only then will I consider opening a new thread in my device's section.
5th November 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 86
 
261 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_prodigal_coder

1. I obviously searched there first... no one seems to have had a problem even remotely similar to mine
2. T2 Ultra is not that popular a device... So if I find someone with a different device but the same/similar problem, I'd have better luck there right?
3. Since excluding the fotakernel.sin before flashing "solves" the issue, I am not actually worried... Just curious, because a stock ftf should be flashable 'as is'
4. I have exams going on now, and if I don't find a solution anywhere on the Internet in the meantime, only then will I consider opening a new thread in my device's section.

Aha! I thought you tried to flash the Z Ultra kernel, which obviously won't work. I'm not sure what the problem might be, but have you checked out the Flashtool thread? I bet one of the devs can help you out if they're available.
The Following User Says Thank You to H. E. Pennypacker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th November 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 643
 
1,777 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_prodigal_coder

1. I obviously searched there first... no one seems to have had a problem even remotely similar to mine
2. T2 Ultra is not that popular a device... So if I find someone with a different device but the same/similar problem, I'd have better luck there right?
3. Since excluding the fotakernel.sin before flashing "solves" the issue, I am not actually worried... Just curious, because a stock ftf should be flashable 'as is'
4. I have exams going on now, and if I don't find a solution anywhere on the Internet in the meantime, only then will I consider opening a new thread in my device's section.

This is the only thing I can think of and it may not even apply. The part about not being able to use flashtool for elf with S1 bootloader in particular.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=14
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #10  
the_prodigal_coder's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 22
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfurgerson

This is the only thing I can think of and it may not even apply. The part about not being able to use flashtool for elf with S1 bootloader in particular.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=14

Hmmm... I had a look, and although I found keywords like fotakernel.sin and flashtool that got my hopes up, the thing is, my bootloader is locked.. And that's why I am using flash-mode and not fastboot... So i can't flash anything except the stock ftf. And that's the weird thing about it... Even the ftf file won't flash now until I exclude fotakernel.sin b4 flashing. I will post logs in a new thread soon, probably over the weekend. I'll paste a link here too

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes