[TOT] Sprint LS980 ZVC 4.4.2

Search This thread

secondskin

Oct 16, 2009
Pennsylvania
I have autorec installed with the wifi hotspot mod. Lets say I want to restore the factory kernel since autorec modifies the kernel.

Could I just flash the modem from Autoprime's files and restore the factory kernel?

mocoyombiflash

Nov 2, 2010
Maricao
www.recargatusim.com
the sprint zvc 4.4.2 .tot is now available on the codefire servers. Tot is used along with a .dll in lg flash to install the stock firmware. Running this will erase your data including whatever is on the internal sd card.

I had to pay for this.. So donations are welcomed :highfive:

Tot (zvc .zip.. Unzip it fool!) and .dll can be found here.

Guide to use this can be found here. Yes, it's for verizon but it can be loosely followed.. Just replace the verizon stuff with the sprint files.

i get failed device model different zvc shows on my screen

rocket321

Jan 29, 2009
Tot makes it like coming from factory.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Coming from the Samsung world, the KNOX root check is permanently flipped if you flash a customer kernel/recovery even when doing a full restore similar to this one. I'm glad LG is "behind" in implementing permanent indicators.

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
The Sprint ZVC 4.4.2 .TOT is now available on the Codefire servers. TOT is used along with a .dll in LG Flash to install the stock firmware. Running this WILL erase your data including whatever is on the internal SD card.

I had to pay for this.. so donations are welcomed :highfive:

TOT (zvc .zip.. unzip it fool!) and .dll can be found HERE.

Guide to use this can be found HERE. Yes, it's for Verizon but it can be loosely followed.. just replace the verizon stuff with the Sprint files.

Any chance you have a ZVD tot lying around anywhere?? :)

Droidilc

Oct 29, 2014
Can i install this on my LS980. I hve JB and i am tired pls help me doing KK and yes i will also need gsm unlock. If it is available, link or just tell me any other wayy pls

Sent from my LG-LS980

asadmughal92

Aug 18, 2014
sir i have lg g2 ls980(sprint version) stock jb 4.2.2 and it is unlock
i cant update it officially because i get error
can i update it manually??
how ??
and will it effect unlocking of my phone??
thanks in advance...

RohanM

Oct 19, 2012
sir i have lg g2 ls980(sprint version) stock jb 4.2.2 and it is unlock
i cant update it officially because i get error
can i update it manually??
how ??
and will it effect unlocking of my phone??
thanks in advance...
What error you are getting?
If you flash .tot then u will lose gsm unlock. But it can be unlocked again. So go ahead.

asadmughal92

Aug 18, 2014
it says activate your device with sprint how can i when i have unlock my phone and one thing will custom rom also effects the unlocking of phone?

soen74

May 21, 2011
What error you are getting?
If you flash .tot then u will lose gsm unlock. But it can be unlocked again. So go ahead.

i have lg g2 ls980(sprint version) ZVC (unlock and root stock) i get reminder update. but if i install it, always unsuccessful, and always back to ZVC
what's wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Sprint ZVC 4.4.2 .TOT is now available on the Codefire servers. TOT is used along with a .dll in LG Flash to install the stock firmware. Running this WILL erase your data including whatever is on the internal SD card.

I had to pay for this.. so donations are welcomed :highfive:

TOT (ZVC zip.. unzip it FOOL!) and .DLL can be found HERE.

Guide to use this can be found HERE. Yes, it's for Verizon but it can be loosely followed.. just replace the verizon stuff with the Sprint files.
    Permanent GSM unlock will be erased if you use flash tool.
    I took the OTA without root with stock recovery without GSM unlock.
    Managed to root using ioroot25, flashed CDMA on NV got data for CDMA, then tried the unlock for GSM. Did not work. Now after messing around I managed to unlock GSM with data. Also found that it's either GSM or CDMA. Both for now will not work together like before.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
    Recovery on kitkat ? Is there a link on how to?

You can root with IO Root, then use Flashify to flash TWRP. Before booting into TWRP, downgrade your aboot.img to zv8 (download here) with this command via Terminal Emulator or ADB shell:
    dd if=/sdcard/Download/ZV8_aboot.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/aboot
    *if you use terminal type "su" and enter before the command
    **this assumes you have the zv8_aboot.img in your download folder.

Then you can boot to TWRP and flash this file which allows ZVC to boot with the downgraded aboot. Reboot and you'll be all set :cool:. This thread is where I got everything.

Bonus: @Savoca's Furnace Kernel 2.0.0 works with LS980 KK (download link). I highly recommend it!
    This post is what I was looking for. Please help me with my queries. What is the zip for (after downgrading to zv8 aboot)? Is TWRP 2.7 supported? If not, which one is most recommended? Will I able to fix Download Mode by flashing ZVC Radio (If theres a need)?
    Also gotta try Furnace kernel. I heard it gives better battery life than stock. BTW whats the difference between normal and OC version? And how do I flash it? As usual via TWRP?

OK, the zip is a kernel to work with the aboot, and zvc. Without it you won't boot.
    Flashing 2.6.3.3 or .4, first. Then you can flash to TWRP 2.7.
    Zvc radio is if something happens like mine. Where for some reason I get as I can say screen sleep death. Everything will be fine until the screen is shut off. Then when you turn it back on you get static screen.
    e9eqy9yj.jpg

Then you want to get into TWRP and flash the zvc radio to get download to tot back.
    You can flash via TWRP, the furnace kernel. Some have good luck some don't.
    Over clock is just that, speeds the processor above factory speed.

Wonder if this happened to anyone else. First I installed the LGFlashTool 1.8, then set my clock to 4/1/2012 and opened LGFlashTool. It says something about LG FLASH TOOL ERROR LG USB/PARELLEL. went ahead anyway and selected the .dll and .tot files and changed all the ports per instructions. Long story short, the files flashed but showed failed at 94% but phone had booted to accessibility settings and was talking to me in the weird robotic voice. I went ahead and disconnected and set up phone then rooted with ioroot25. all seems to ok but I wonder if the fail is going to be a problem somewhere down the line. I have not noticed any problems. Any suggestions?

You are good buddy, that usually happens with the flashtool.