Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: What about an app? See post #90 for more infos, let me know what you think!
The hell yeah! 10 76.92%
cool idea, but not really neccessary. 3 23.08%
nope, wouldn't even try.. 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

[ZIP] Dynamic automated build.prop editing

OP klenamenis

9th October 2014, 01:10 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 207

635 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klenamenis

I don't know your detailed scenario, but for now, please just overwrite/add the entry using the latest version of the script. I'm sure it's no problem having the desired entry(and value) set in your build.prop in any case. However, if somehow you encounter problems with adding an prior non-existent entry, feel free to report it here and I'll push another release supporting your rare case of editing lines.

I am going to do my best to use what you have here because I think it is an amazing tool. I just don't see how this is a rare scenario, nor do I understand how it is hard to understand. I even gave examples. Perhaps I am not fully understanding what the enabled variables will allow. I will read over everything again.

It would be beneficial to change a value if it exists but do not add it if it does not exist. Some entries can contradict each other so if one value exists that would cause an issue with another, it would be great to not add both entries with different values.
9th October 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #112  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 104

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopy25

I am going to do my best to use what you have here because I think it is an amazing tool. I just don't see how this is a rare scenario, nor do I understand how it is hard to understand. I even gave examples. Perhaps I am not fully understanding what the enabled variables will allow. I will read over everything again.

It would be beneficial to change a value if it exists but do not add it if it does not exist. Some entries can contradict each other so if one value exists that would cause an issue with another, it would be great to not add both entries with different values.

No, I totally understand what you want. I'm just kindly asking you to try it with just adding the entry no matter if it's already there.

It would be very helpful for yourself to fully understand what your personally set entries cause and how they possibly conflict with each other (although I can't think of an example where two different variables would be a problem if they coexisted).

I'll implement this anyway, but it has a low priority for me, so please don't expect a new version tomorrow.
The Following User Says Thank You to klenamenis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 207

635 posts
Quote:

No, I totally understand what you want. I'm just kindly asking you to try it with just adding entry no matter if it is existent or not.

It would be very helpful for yourself to fully understand what your personally set entries cause and how they possibly conflict with each other (although I can't think of an example where two different variables would be a problem if they coexisted).

I'll implement this anyway, but it has a low priority for me, so please don't expect a new version tomorrow.

Totally understandable! The fact that you're giving this attention is great. I thought I was not making myself clear. I am glad you understand what I mean.

As far as 2 entries conflicting, it comes into play when flashing a ROM from a GSM device to a CDMA device mostly.
9th October 2014, 03:17 AM   |  #114  
OP Senior Member

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well, this was way easier than I thought at first glance, so why not supporting xda folks instead of gaming, right?

Version 0.5.3 was released, just a minor syntax case added for fixing problems that might occour when flashing the same tweak.prop file on different devices. See the changelog for more infos!

As usual:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to klenamenis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th October 2014, 08:01 AM   |  #115  
OP Senior Member

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Version 0.5.4 now supports backing up before editing (wondering why I thought of this only now). Default is no backup, a simple y|Y|yes|Yes|YES backs up to the directory of your tweak.prop file, but you can of course pass your own path/location. See the changelog and example.txt file for details!

I recommend using the y flag, as this way you always get a save copy of your working build.prop file. In case you messed up something, simply deleting/moving your tweak.prop file and renaming the backup, which will be in the same directory, from build.prop.backup to tweak.prop and reflashing the zip will restore your previous working config.
Last edited by klenamenis; 12th October 2014 at 09:25 AM.
12th October 2014, 08:59 AM   |  #116  
Thanks Meter: 577

1,109 posts
Quote:

Version 0.5.4 now supports backing up before editing (wondering why I thought of this only now). Default is no backup, a simple y|Y|yes|Yes|YES backs up to the directory of your tweak.prop file, but you can of course pass your own path/location. See the changelog and example.txt file for details!

I recommend using the y flag, as this way you always get a save copy of your working build.prop file. In case you messed up something, simply deleting/moving your tweak.prop file and renaming the backup, which will be in the same directory, from build.prop.backup to tweak.prop and reflashing the zip will restore your previous working config.

There is no download link at OP..?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I8190 mit Tapatalk 2
12th October 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #117  
OP Senior Member

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinder777

There is no download link at OP..?

There you go! I had to hold back the update, because I encountered an issue after uploading it, now it should be fixed!
6th November 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #118  
Thanks Meter: 8

90 posts
Brilliant, thanks OP!
This makes Cyandelta updates far less painful (DPI gets reset).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
build.prop, flash, script, tweak, zip
Previous Thread Next Thread