Epson Moverio BT-200 Wearable Display

Search This thread

mr_maalouf

May 11, 2011
from R1.1.0 to D1.1.0

Good Day,
We bought a new Moverio with R1.1.0 firmware. i tried to install the D version for developing purposes by installing the SystemUpdate.apk. however when i check for update after that the system simply state that there is no update available and that i already have the latest version.
please advise on how to proceed. thank you.

SDTSG

Jun 24, 2014
Good Day,
We bought a new Moverio with R1.1.0 firmware. i tried to install the D version for developing purposes by installing the SystemUpdate.apk. however when i check for update after that the system simply state that there is no update available and that i already have the latest version.
please advise on how to proceed. thank you.

Some of us had to do the process several times before it worked. Sometimes you have to reboot the system before checking for the update. Make sure you a connected to a power source and that your unit is fully charged. here are a few previous quotes about this subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillaume1998
Are you behind a proxy? I encountered the same issue due to the company network policy. Though the glasses were originally on R1.0.0.

D1.0.0 / D1.0.2 / D1.0.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDTSG
No... I tried multiple places like at home where I know my network and still doesn't work. but your R1.0.0 consumer version is on the list as updatable. I am pretty sure mine is not updateable through the directions listed:

3. Updatable System Software
This procedure can be implemented with the system software versions below. The system software
version can be checked through [Settings]→[Device info], and [Build number].
■ Updatable system software
R1.0.0 / R1.0.2 / R1.0.4
D1.0.0 / D1.0.2 / D1.0.3
Today I logged onto my Glasses and there was finally an update: R1.0.5 was seen on my glasses as the latest release instead of the 'unknown' I usually see. Unfortunately I could not download it (I am at work and may be having the proxy issue now). I must wait until I get home for further investigation.

mine just worked all of a sudden. I just kept trying periodically.

soaringfelix

Jul 2, 2014
Hey,

has anybody tried to do some audio recording using BT 200? I guess that there is no real microphone sensor (as published in the specification) but an microphone-AUX-IN?!

Last edited:

milmake

Sep 20, 2012
microphone is here, on the headphone cable. 1414026763123.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Ogglebox

Oct 23, 2014
www.ogglebox.com
Notes on compass (magnetometer) coordinate systems for Moverio BT-200

Hi sev7en and all,

Thanks for a helpful thread about the BT-200. Recently we've been using the magnetometer features to create a compass display, and have put together a few notes about our experience in case they're useful to other BT-200 developers. You can find them on our website (link on our profile) in subdirectory: /technotes/moverio-bt-200-developers-compass/

Hope that helps!

The Ogglebox Team.

natonium

Oct 28, 2014
Upgrade to Android 4.2?

Hello BT200 Users,

Is it possible to upgrade the OS to Android 4.2?

Thank you!

natonium

Oct 28, 2014
Re: Upgrade to Android 4.2?

Wait for it.... sources say coming soon.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to install 4.2 if the device is rooted? The reason I ask is that I am part of a research team working on wireless transmission of American Sign Language to a HMD (BT-200) for use by deaf children in educational settings. However, the wireless transcoder box we are using requires 4.2 to run their android app using RTSP for viewing. We have tested their app on other android devices and the lag time is close to zero seconds- the closer to zero the better when using a live interpreter. I have test some 3rd party generic RTSP android apps but the lag is about 2 seconds or more- which is ok but not ideal when interpreting ASL live.

So, if there are any android experts out there willing to take a stab at this that would be most helpful.

Thanks!

mavasher

Aug 29, 2014
Cursor Control in 3D mode.

Our company is trying out new ways of handling the user interface for the Moverio. Our apps are generally n 3D-mode which does not work optimally with the standard cursor from the touch pad. The issue is that the cursor gets stretched as a result of the split screen of 3D mode and the nature of the split screen means that the cursor is flying around the field of view is a disorderly fashion as it leaves the field of view of one eye on one side and enters the field of view of the other.

What we would like to be able to do:

Hide the cursor diamond.
Be able to set the cursor position to the center programmatically.

Does anyone know any code to be able to accomplish this feat?

arapp

Sep 25, 2014
Connecting a webcam

Hi Guys,

As you all noticed, moverio bt-200 has a awful camera. I'd like to connect an USB webcam to moverio in order to overcome this problem (for a research purpose). However, I think there are some important part in the kernel missing so I'd like to add custom modules there. Do you know if the kernel sources are available for bt-200? I noticed that for bt-100 kernel is available directly on the epson website.
Do you know if the kernel for BT200 is available as well?
Has anybody tried connectingexternal camera? I tried it on my Galaxy S4 and there external camera works without any problems.

L

Rolaids

Mar 9, 2007
St Paris
Video lag / latency issues

Thanks for the reply. Is there a way to install 4.2 if the device is rooted? The reason I ask is that I am part of a research team working on wireless transmission of American Sign Language to a HMD (BT-200) for use by deaf children in educational settings. However, the wireless transcoder box we are using requires 4.2 to run their android app using RTSP for viewing. We have tested their app on other android devices and the lag time is close to zero seconds- the closer to zero the better when using a live interpreter. I have test some 3rd party generic RTSP android apps but the lag is about 2 seconds or more- which is ok but not ideal when interpreting ASL live.

So, if there are any android experts out there willing to take a stab at this that would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

As you all noticed, moverio bt-200 has a awful camera. I'd like to connect an USB webcam to moverio in order to overcome this problem (for a research purpose). However, I think there are some important part in the kernel missing so I'd like to add custom modules there. Do you know if the kernel sources are available for bt-200? I noticed that for bt-100 kernel is available directly on the epson website.
Do you know if the kernel for BT200 is available as well?
Has anybody tried connectingexternal camera? I tried it on my Galaxy S4 and there external camera works without any problems.

L

I quoted the two posts above as I think they may be somewhat related. In my application I need something that will feed a video through a Wi-Fi connection with close to zero latency. I have two pairs of these for testing and programming and I've been messing on and off since April with these. I can use apps on multiple other android devices and get an acceptable solution with very little latency. The BT 200's, though, have close to a one second video lag/latency. As a developer I do not do the actual programming but overview the whole project so I can't claim to have deep understanding. I just wish they would answer us if it's a hardware or software problem and what they intend to do.

I had talked to tech support somewhere around June or July and they said they were aware of this issue. With all of the interest DJI phantom crowd, I thought this might be something they would fix sooner than later. I wish someone from Epson would respond here with more information.

imcoola

Oct 20, 2008
Camera error

Hi guys,

Today, I got my Epson moverio bt-200 from Amazon.jp . I was so exciting about it. I started it and found system can be updated from R 1.0.5 to R 1.10. So I tested the hardware and function after system updated. However when I tested camera on it, it show a warming ' Camera error,Can't connect to the camera'. And even I tried other camera apps, the camera still can‘t worked.:(

Do any one have the same error? is this camera error a fault of hardware or a fault of (new) system? I really don't to send it back to Japan where is far away from I am.

So please help me!

netgenie

Sep 15, 2014
Hi guys,

Today, I got my Epson moverio bt-200 from Amazon.jp . I was so exciting about it. I started it and found system can be updated from R 1.0.5 to R 1.10. So I tested the hardware and function after system updated. However when I tested camera on it, it show a warming ' Camera error,Can't connect to the camera'. And even I tried other camera apps, the camera still can‘t worked.:(

Do any one have the same error? is this camera error a fault of hardware or a fault of (new) system? I really don't to send it back to Japan where is far away from I am.

So please help me!

Camera works for me after the update. I also bought mine from Japan.

BarenddeArend

Jun 7, 2014
stuck on boot loop

Hi,
I am facing the problem of an boot loop. My Moverio BT200 keeps on booting. An hard reset does not help. It keeps booting. Sometimes, after twenty minutes booting, it comes into the start screen.
I have rooted the glasses and installed the D 1.10.
Who knows what to do?

maranda

Nov 23, 2014
Hi everyone!

I am developing an application for BT-200 EPSON and I'm finding a lot of problems having to use an old Android version (4.0.4). Anyone know if it is possible or there are plans to update the BT-200 EPSON to a higher version of Android, as the version 4.1?
I need to send some kind to my application to launch activities. I Can´t run Wi-Fi peer to peer into my application, my nexus 5 does not detect the application in BT-200 EPSON when in theory it should. If the glasses admit at least Android 4.1 could try using NSD, but for now it is impossible.
Anyone know of any alternative solution to control my application in BT-200 EPSON from another Android device? I need to send messages to launch activities.

Greetings!

phoanglong

May 31, 2008
stupid question

This might aound like a complete dumb, but how do you perform a hard reset for bt-200? As i bought this on ebay and it is in Japanese, i have gone through all the menu but it seem to display something in Japanese and the factory reset button is grey out. I would really want to change this to english and do a factory reset. Could somebody please help.

Thanks

jaykay2PT

Nov 26, 2014
Coimbra
This might aound like a complete dumb, but how do you perform a hard reset for bt-200? As i bought this on ebay and it is in Japanese, i have gone through all the menu but it seem to display something in Japanese and the factory reset button is grey out. I would really want to change this to english and do a factory reset. Could somebody please help.

Thanks

IF you can get to the menu,

then first try to change language
Language
Set the language.
1. Tap [ settings] on the App List screen.
2. Tap [Language & input ] - [Language].
The language list is displayed.
3. Tap a language.
The selected language is set.

THEN you can try
Factory data reset
You can return the product to its original settings.
Factory data reset deletes all of the data saved in the product's internal storage.
Make a backup of data that you want to keep before resetting the product.
1. Tap [ settings] on the App List screen.
2. Tap [Backup & reset] - [Factory data reset].
The type of data to be deleted is displayed.
3. Check the information displayed, and then tap [Reset device].
All of the data in the product is deleted.

I think there is a reset hole inside the SD card flap
hope this helps!

Attachments

• settingsbutton.JPG
    settingsbutton.JPG
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,424
Last edited:

jaykay2PT

Nov 26, 2014
Coimbra
I'm really disappointed that the two external battery packs I've tried with the Moverio don't work. I'm able to charge while using with car charger and laptop. Has anyone found a battery pack that works?

I really love the device. It's so much better than the Google Glass I used for 8 months. I just wish I could find a way to keep it running the entire day.

I am using the RAVPower® Deluxe 14000mAh USB External Battery Portable Power Bank Charger , works a treat!!

cybericebyte

Aug 31, 2008
Pamona
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I am using the RAVPower® Deluxe 14000mAh USB External Battery Portable Power Bank Charger , works a treat!!

You fist might want to try a diffrent cable I just get my battery packs yesterday and noticed right off the bat the cable I was using worked all for a couple of hours then quit on me. I changed to a better cable more durable and sure enough it worked. I am using a Powerrocks 7800ma and it seems to be able to carry my BT-200 and Note3 with tether active all day and then some. However these are just preliminary testing as the external battery power was not fully charged when I started. I will try to report back after the holiday and more testing.

Top Liked Posts