Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] HTC One M8 Camera file naming convention?

OP lagvoid

5th June 2014, 02:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Thanks for any help!
24th July 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid

Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.
25th July 2014, 05:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinteetah

Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.

Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.

NameExif
http://www.digicamsoft.com/softnamexif.html

run the free program on your old files and it'll rename them according to the exif date data.
25th July 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid

Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.

Thanks for the tip!
7th November 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 22

265 posts
More
I found the ability to prepend a timestamp to camera files in the HTC one tweaker xposed module
The Following User Says Thank You to morgej For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread