Guide to Dual Boot Snapdragon Note 4

Dual Boot is one of the most desirable features for a flashaholic, and with this guide by XDA … more

Has ART Made a Noticeable Jump in App Performance?

We’ve received mixed reports about switching to ART but it seems that the … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Drop Test

The Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge are already proving to be amongst the head turners of 2015. … more

Consolidated GApps Central

Following the retirement of Paranoid Android GApps Provider TKruzze and subsequent deletion of … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] unable to flash anyrom after kitkat port

29th May 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Hi there,

I flashed a KitKat port to test it. However, I decided to go back to Cyanogenmod since it didn't work very well.

However, any ROM that I try to flash appears this error:

format() expects 5 args, got 3
E: Error in /storage/sdcard0/cm-7.2.0-p500.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

what can I do to fix this? thanks
29th May 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,056
 
2,268 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athosbr99

Hi there,

I flashed a KitKat port to test it. However, I decided to go back to Cyanogenmod since it didn't work very well.

However, any ROM that I try to flash appears this error:

format() expects 5 args, got 3
E: Error in /storage/sdcard0/cm-7.2.0-p500.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

what can I do to fix this? thanks

To flash that KitKat, you had to place a newer CWM or TWRP recovery version.
To flash cm-7.2, you need to go back to the older recovery!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dovidhalevi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #3  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,063
 
2,958 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
For KitKat ROMs a recovery equivalent to 6.0.4.5 or newer is required to flash. The newer recoveries are capable of flashing CM 10.2 to CM11. All older Android versions will require the use of an older recovery, pre 6.0.4.5, such as CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch by vivekkalady.
The Following User Says Thank You to shinobisoft For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 11:21 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Londrina
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dovidhalevi

To flash that KitKat, you had to place a newer CWM or TWRP recovery version.
To flash cm-7.2, you need to go back to the older recovery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

For KitKat ROMs a recovery equivalent to 6.0.4.5 or newer is required to flash. The newer recoveries are capable of flashing CM 10.2 to CM11. All older Android versions will require the use of an older recovery, pre 6.0.4.5, such as CWM 5.0.2.7 Touch by vivekkalady.

nice to know that. I will try later

In other subject, I tried other kitkat roms and they gave me that same error. the only one that worked was Omega. is there any reason to that?
1st June 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #5  
shinobisoft's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Knoxville, TN
Thanks Meter: 3,063
 
2,958 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Athosbr99

nice to know that. I will try later

In other subject, I tried other kitkat roms and they gave me that same error. the only one that worked was Omega. is there any reason to that?

Sorry, I honestly can't say. I no longer use this device so I've been out of the loop for some time now.
8th October 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
1 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Also having same problem
Can't Flash anyother rom after kitkat port.

plz help me.
Thanks
7th November 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #7  
Junior Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 1
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevG

Can't Flash anyother rom after kitkat port.

plz help me.
Thanks

Have you installed any custom kernel?
I am also faced this problem and solved by flashing stock rom with KDZ

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes