Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM] [TW] [4.1.2] NOT NOW v3 FINAL GB27 installed with Aroma 8/5/14

OP stangdriver44

6th October 2014, 06:27 AM   |  #111  
Gil81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 824
 
1,199 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Hows everyone doing? Been awhile since ive been around. This rom looks interesting, think ill flash it on, what is now my mothers phone, tomorrow.
If it half is good as missing linků it will be awesome.

Thx for the hard work. My mom loves this device.
Sent from my big clunky note..lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gil81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #112  
bigmike6200's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Vallejo
Thanks Meter: 1,966
 
1,784 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil81

Hows everyone doing? Been awhile since ive been around. This rom looks interesting, think ill flash it on, what is now my mothers phone, tomorrow.
If it half is good as missing linků it will be awesome.

Thx for the hard work. My mom loves this device.
Sent from my big clunky note..lol

If you don't like a selection , don't back up. Restart from the beginning. Backing up to mack changes cause bootloops.
The Following User Says Thank You to bigmike6200 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th October 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #113  
Gil81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 824
 
1,199 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
e
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike6200

If you don't like a selection , don't back up. Restart from the beginning. Backing up to mack changes cause bootloops.

Thanks for the tip bigmike.
6th October 2014, 07:07 AM   |  #114  
south956's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag edinburg
Thanks Meter: 148
 
1,149 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
So development is done as i heard?

6th October 2014, 07:58 AM   |  #115  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmike6200

If you don't like a selection , don't back up. Restart from the beginning. Backing up to mack changes cause bootloops.


I never had a bootloop from backing up in Aroma, Sometimes Aroma would freeze up requiring me to either pull the battery or hold power + volume up until it restarts recovery. Also the newer versions, including this one, I rewrote all the scripts to reduce the possibility of Aroma freezing. The possibility is still there, but greatly reduced now so feel free to go back and forward as you please. If it does happen just do the above mentioned to get going again.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil81

Hows everyone doing? Been awhile since ive been around. This rom looks interesting, think ill flash it on, what is now my mothers phone, tomorrow.
If it half is good as missing linků it will be awesome.

Thx for the hard work. My mom loves this device.
Sent from my big clunky note..lol

Missing Link options are included with the ROM package, actually the Missing Link included with the ROM is more up to date and complete than the theme Mod I released. So flash away and flash agian the next day! Enjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by south956

So development is done as i heard?

I have moved on to a new device, which is taking must of my time to develop for other phones. Besides, what left can we do to a a TouchWiz rom running 4.1.2? Considering the age of this phone I was more than pleased and totally satisfied with the capabilities of this classic phone. Some things I I actually miss, like mass storage mode!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stangdriver44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2014, 12:07 AM   |  #116  
Gil81's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Aurora
Thanks Meter: 824
 
1,199 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdriver44

I never had a bootloop from backing up in Aroma, Sometimes Aroma would freeze up requiring me to either pull the battery or hold power + volume up until it restarts recovery. Also the newer versions, including this one, I rewrote all the scripts to reduce the possibility of Aroma freezing. The possibility is still there, but greatly reduced now so feel free to go back and forward as you please. If it does happen just do the above mentioned to get going again.




Missing Link options are included with the ROM package, actually the Missing Link included with the ROM is more up to date and complete than the theme Mod I released. So flash away and flash agian the next day! Enjoy



I have moved on to a new device, which is taking must of my time to develop for other phones. Besides, what left can we do to a a TouchWiz rom running 4.1.2? Considering the age of this phone I was more than pleased and totally satisfied with the capabilities of this classic phone. Some things I I actually miss, like mass storage mode!

So i just flashed the latest version...man this looks great. thanks,my mom is very happy with the theme choices made during install.
just one question...is anybody on boost having troubles setting the apns. i tried dialer code first. it wont take my msl. tried nova shortcut, it lets me start to make a new apn but wont let me edit it. i did notice while using nova that the apn list was empty.

i guess i can pull the data config file from project x backup and push it..maybe. only ever did that with aosp rom.

if anybody has a heads up..it will be much appreciated. thanks. ill keep hunting around. i thougbt there was a fix for this back in the day.

and it was a good download and clean install. and i did choose boost mms fix.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

im a retard.. lol. forgot about apn backup and restore. All good now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gil81 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #117  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
345 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
I can't install driver for Xplosion. I can install it using aroma but once I reboot and click on app, it asks me to install the driver. I have selected the Cortex driver and then i reboot. But after I reboot I go back into the app but it asks me to install drivers again. Its not working. What to do?
15th October 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #118  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
572 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamFlynn

I can't install driver for Xplosion. I can install it using aroma but once I reboot and click on app, it asks me to install the driver. I have selected the Cortex driver and then i reboot. But after I reboot I go back into the app but it asks me to install drivers again. Its not working. What to do?


Check the your device for the viper4android app? If it's there, uninstall using TiBackup or similar app. Go to the system/lib/soundfx/ and erase "libv4a_fx_ics.so" then reboot to recovery, wipe caches and start over.
The Following User Says Thank You to stangdriver44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #119  
Surj138's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 176
 
374 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamFlynn

I can't install driver for Xplosion. I can install it using aroma but once I reboot and click on app, it asks me to install the driver. I have selected the Cortex driver and then i reboot. But after I reboot I go back into the app but it asks me to install drivers again. Its not working. What to do?

I had the same issue plague me until I updated busybox using "Busybox on Rails" from the Play Store. Not just on this ROM either
The Following User Says Thank You to Surj138 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th November 2014, 05:01 PM   |  #120  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
345 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surj138

I had the same issue plague me until I updated busybox using "Busybox on Rails" from the Play Store. Not just on this ROM either

I figured it out kind of, When you install Viper, you get two viper apps. If one of them isn't working, just try the other one.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes