Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[ROM][TMO][ODEXED/DEODEXED][4.4.2][HTC 1.57 OTA] Stock+ 5/20/2014

OP Fenny

7th October 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 73

296 posts
Can you do OTA updates on the deodexed version? I installed custom recovery but failed. If is possible, how? I installed the odexed version, and updated with no problems. Another question, do we rename or delete the settings file for apn mode to work?
23rd October 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #272  
Thanks Meter: 84

643 posts
More
Any news on the latest update that T-Mobile just put out? It's stock 4.4.4 - any chance of a rooted rom like this one?
The Following User Says Thank You to captainreynolds For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #273  
Flag City of Angels, CA
Thanks Meter: 448

1,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds

Any news on the latest update that T-Mobile just put out? It's stock 4.4.4 - any chance of a rooted rom like this one?

+1
The Following User Says Thank You to Luigiesin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2014, 04:42 AM   |  #274  
Thanks Meter: 3

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigiesin

+1

I would really like this as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godjunior For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th October 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #275  
Thanks Meter: 491

201 posts
Donate to Me
Does anyone has a 1.12.114.18, 1.57.114.2 or 2.23.114.3 rom/backup? It's for cid t-mob003
3rd November 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #276  

643 posts
More
My M8 has been really slow this past week or two. Maybe even a little longer. Finally decided to check the CPU usage and it's crazy high. Like 12/12/12 in idle usage, and up to 20 and more when using apps. If unfamiliar with the CPU declaration nomenclature - look here: http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/20...-load-averages

Any ideas for a fix? Could it be the kernel causing this? Or is it the older firmware? I'm on this 1.57 because I'm too lazy to allow T-Mobile to send me an upgrade and then have to re-root and re-install my recovery. But maybe I should just bite the bullet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-11-03 12.03.45.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	2997187  
7th November 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #277  
Thanks Meter: 12

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainreynolds

My M8 has been really slow this past week or two. Maybe even a little longer. Finally decided to check the CPU usage and it's crazy high. Like 12/12/12 in idle usage, and up to 20 and more when using apps. If unfamiliar with the CPU declaration nomenclature - look here: http://blog.scoutapp.com/articles/20...-load-averages

Any ideas for a fix? Could it be the kernel causing this? Or is it the older firmware? I'm on this 1.57 because I'm too lazy to allow T-Mobile to send me an upgrade and then have to re-root and re-install my recovery. But maybe I should just bite the bullet.

I was having this same problem for weeks, since the last two updates and some of the HTC app updates. Things got sooo bad the phone would freeze up especially when dealing with the camera. If you go into developer options you can see the processes that are running and I noticed that HTC dot view was using the 2nd most processing time of any app even tho I do NOT have a dot view case! Dot view cannot be disabled, so this is what finally pushed me to root my phone. Being on the latest build, I was able to root it and keep 4.4.4. I then just used Es File explore to delete tons of system apps, mostly HTC ones. Be careful there, you might mess up some things. You can also use ROMCleaner to do this in batch in recovery. Please note that you might need to go S-Off or use flash a sense kernel that has system write access before you can delete system apps. I did the latter using elementalX Sense 2.0 kernel but keeping stock settings during the flash.

My phone is ZIPPY as **** now! Fell back in love with it really. GL lemme know if you have questions.
Last edited by dankerton; 7th November 2014 at 03:08 PM.
7th November 2014, 04:45 PM   |  #278  

643 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankerton

I was having this same problem for weeks, since the last two updates and some of the HTC app updates. Things got sooo bad the phone would freeze up especially when dealing with the camera. If you go into developer options you can see the processes that are running and I noticed that HTC dot view was using the 2nd most processing time of any app even tho I do NOT have a dot view case! Dot view cannot be disabled, so this is what finally pushed me to root my phone. Being on the latest build, I was able to root it and keep 4.4.4. I then just used Es File explore to delete tons of system apps, mostly HTC ones. Be careful there, you might mess up some things. You can also use ROMCleaner to do this in batch in recovery. Please note that you might need to go S-Off or use flash a sense kernel that has system write access before you can delete system apps. I did the latter using elementalX Sense 2.0 kernel but keeping stock settings during the flash.

My phone is ZIPPY as **** now! Fell back in love with it really. GL lemme know if you have questions.

That's crazy! Glad your phone is running fast - could you check your CPU usage and let me know if any of the numbers up top are above 4?

For my phone at least, none of the HTC apps are the problem. TBH I think they've done a really good job with unobtrusive and useful apps, and haven't had any problems. When I look at CPU usage on my phone, the only time HTC apps take any CPU time is when they are actually running.
7th November 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #279  
Thanks Meter: 12

105 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankerton

I Just read that you're on a much older version so I don't think we can tell compare. that CPU usage link up there is broken so I dunno how to answer you. Goto developer options then process stats then hit the menu and check show system. See if anything looks suspicious there. Recent apps and even the running apps list didn't show dot view but it showed up here. I've installed back every app I had before and still zipping away so I'm quite sure it was HTC stuff. Maybe it's the kernal I flashes but I keep all the options stock during the flash. Try the kernal see if its better.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread