[ROM] [OFFICIAL] [NIGHTLIES] [quincytmo] PAC-Man 4.4

Search This thread

angelf82

Mar 13, 2011
Just checking in, its been a month since an update. I look forward to a kitkat release!

I must say our t879 note forum is dead a lot of us are now running polluti0ns patch to run at&t 4.4 ROMs...try it out it...good roms created by awesome devs...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AD5GB

Jul 31, 2013
Brignton, TN
KitKat is here!

Finally! I've enabled the nightly builds for our device. CM has finally brought the driver trees up to KitKat. Over the next few days I'll be updating the forum thread main page to point to the new links. 4.4 is a good bit different than 4.3 but I find it much more stable. As usual some things don't work quite right just yet but it runs much better and faster than 4.3 did.

Stay tuned!

AD5GB

Jul 31, 2013
Brignton, TN
PAC -KitKat - delayed far too long, but it's here.

Hey!

It's here! Finally. The link in the OP that takes you to the download page will allow you to download the FIRST OFFICIAL PAC-KK build for our device. I'm playing catch-up on updating the OP page - am in the midst of moving. Nonetheless the latest is a 4.4 release and the first for this device. 4.3 was never finalized as it was never stable enough. I will work hard to update the OP page and update the download links over the weekend. BE SURE TO USE A KITKAT GAPPS package if you wish to experiment with the ROM, such as the one here. http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
Don't use the 4.3 gapps package in the OP. Again, I'll try to get the OP updated sometime this weekend.

Hope you like it!

bot42

Apr 16, 2011
SLC, UT
Awesome ROM! I have to admit so far it's running super smooth. The only question I have is why isn't it compatible with other kernels. I tried both PAC kernel and uber kernel and both cause boot loops?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: AD5GB

AD5GB

Jul 31, 2013
Brignton, TN
Awesome ROM! I have to admit so far it's running super smooth. The only question I have is why isn't it compatible with other kernels. I tried both PAC kernel and uber kernel and both cause boot loops?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T879 using xda app-developers app

As far as I know it's because of the way some kernel builders assemble their packages. Their ramdisk isn't compatible with some ROMs. PAC isn't the only one with this problem.

AD5GB

Jul 31, 2013
Brignton, TN
PAC-4.4 with custom kernel

I will make KK roms with my custom kernel available from time to time. The kernel is based heavily on C3kener's and Jamie's work on UBER. Has the overclocking support, governors and schedulers to play with for those that like those things an well as other tweakables. I'm still playing with some new features and ultimately plan to bring it up to a newer Linux level. It's still at 3.0.101.

You can most easily find them by going to PAC's main page, navigating through the download tag to our device and go to the custom_kernel directory. It will take you here. http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/quincytmo/custom_kernel/

I'm uploading one for quincyatt now. The quincytmo is building and will be next. These won't be built nighly but I'll try to keep them as fresh as time permits.

Enjoy

rdyma32

Jun 20, 2010
Installing your rom

Is there a video that shows each step to installing. I have the dated software on my t879 T mobile phone. If i can get it installed i will donate for sure. Beginner. I have super user already installed. I think that's what i needed to start with. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PAC-4.4 with custom kernel

I will make KK roms with my custom kernel available from time to time. The kernel is based heavily on C3kener's and Jamie's work on UBER. Has the overclocking support, governors and schedulers to play with for those that like those things an well as other tweakables. I'm still playing with some new features and ultimately plan to bring it up to a newer Linux level. It's still at 3.0.101.

You can most easily find them by going to PAC's main page, navigating through the download tag to our device and go to the custom_kernel directory. It will take you here. http://pacman.basketbuild.com/index.php?dir=main/quincytmo/custom_kernel/

I'm uploading one for quincyatt now. The quincytmo is building and will be next. These won't be built nighly but I'll try to keep them as fresh as time permits.

Enjoy
    FAQ
    Read ALL of this before posting in this thread! Thanks.

Q: I don't use the on-screen softkeys. How do I remove the navigation bar?

A:
    Go into Hybrid Properties --> Interface, under Workspace drag the slider for "Navigation Bar Size" to 0%.

Q: How do I disable the dual-pane layout that is preset in some apps (Settings, Gmail, etc.)?

A:
    Go into Hybrid Properties --> Apps and choose the app that you want to change. In the top right hand corner, click "Reset" and it will change the DPI and the layout of that app to the Workspace default that you have set. If your default Workspace is phablet / tablet UI but you want a specific app to not have the dual-pane layout, then go into Hybrid Properties --> Apps and set the specific app to phone UI.

Q: Some ROM Control options do not work?

A:
    ROM Control is still a WIP as of right now. The frameworks part of ROM Control has yet to be merged, so that's why some settings are blank. Please give some time, and it will be fixed in the near future.
    ROMControl is now fixed and mostly working.

Q: Why did some of Hybrid Properties options disappear in the new update?

A:
    Go into Hybrid Properties --> Tools, and check Expert Mode and more settings will appear.

Q: How to I disable the PIE controls?

A:
    Go to Toolbars --> PIE Trigger Size and set that to none.
    KitKat

OP should be updated. Please let me know if there's an error somewhere......

Enjoy!
    PAC -KitKat - delayed far too long, but it's here.

Hey!

It's here! Finally. The link in the OP that takes you to the download page will allow you to download the FIRST OFFICIAL PAC-KK build for our device. I'm playing catch-up on updating the OP page - am in the midst of moving. Nonetheless the latest is a 4.4 release and the first for this device. 4.3 was never finalized as it was never stable enough. I will work hard to update the OP page and update the download links over the weekend. BE SURE TO USE A KITKAT GAPPS package if you wish to experiment with the ROM, such as the one here. http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip
    Don't use the 4.3 gapps package in the OP. Again, I'll try to get the OP updated sometime this weekend.

Hope you like it!
    KitKat is here!

Finally! I've enabled the nightly builds for our device. CM has finally brought the driver trees up to KitKat. Over the next few days I'll be updating the forum thread main page to point to the new links. 4.4 is a good bit different than 4.3 but I find it much more stable. As usual some things don't work quite right just yet but it runs much better and faster than 4.3 did.

Stay tuned!