7th September 2014, 08:55 AM   |  #51  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 36

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23

Hey how do I change my user agents switch? Im using Chrome browser on my Laptop.and as far as changing my access point names on my Gs5 which ones do I change and what do I change them too. Thanks.

Chrome Web Store to UA spoofer
The Following User Says Thank You to LiquidZero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 10:44 AM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 93

1,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZero

Chrome Web Store to UA spoofer

So this is a app the ua spoofer, switch? Please explain. And the access point names which ones do I change and do I change them to anything? Thanks.
7th September 2014, 06:23 PM   |  #53  

1,620 posts
If I was to run a cm 11.1 rom could that bypass me not needing to do all these workarounds are would I still need to implement these workarounds? Thanks.
7th September 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #54  
Flag Louisville, KY
Thanks Meter: 36

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

So, after digging, reading, crying, and lots of booze, I found a solution to our ongoing issue.. and it was in another thread... HOWEVER, there's a note that isn't noted that's worth noting (huh?):

Do what they say on the following thread.
Spend $2.50 on Tether Router in the Play Store; or download the .APK (one of the first few pages in the thread).
Do what they say again in the thread.
If you have any existing WiFi connections saved and connect to them automatically, delete those connections (forget), leave WiFi enabled, then turn on the WiFi Router.

Here's a summery:

Use Root Explorer or a Root browser of some sort (ROM Toolbox is great since the Root Browser includes an XML editor) and navigate to system/csc

Change the permissions for customer.xml to allow read and write access.

Modify the customer.xml file and change the IPV6 values to IPV4. Also change the "<Editable>no</Editable>" to "<Editable>yes</Editable>".

Navigate to your system settings menu for your Access Point Names Settings > Network Connections > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names. Use the Menu toggle and select the only option Reset to default. This may take a few seconds to a minute to refresh the list. If you click the "T-Mobile US LTE" APN, you should see that you can now edit the values, though you shouldn't have to if the APN Protocol is already set to IPv4. Mine is set to IPv4/IPv6 and works just fine.

Buy the darn app, Wifi Tether Router by FABIO GRASSO. It's only $2.50 and apparently, it works.

YOU NEED ROOT ACCESS

Launch Wifi Tether Router and select Configure WiFi Router.

Allow Root Access

Use the following settings to ensure stability and workability with your SGS5:
Interface wlan0
Method 3 - HostApd
Encryption wpa2-psk
Channel 1
Drivers nl80211
"HostApd Patch" <- UNCHECKED
"No Firmware Reload" <- UNCHECKED

Ensure your wireless device is N or G compatible and adjust the setting accordingly in the same list.

Back out of the configuration settings once you've set them up but don't enable the hotspot yet.

First, open your WiFi settings and Turn on WiFi. If you connect to any WiFi networks, delete those network connections and don't connect to any wifi networks and leave WiFi turned ON.

Go Back to WiFi Tether Router and Enable WiFi Router.

Poof! It should be working. If for some stupid reason it isn't, Reboot your phone, enable WiFi, and try again.

If not, try the Omega international ROM that everyone is talking about. Tether works great on it from what I hear.

Here's the original threads that helped me: Thread 1, Thread 2 Winning Post

The top portion explains how to change the APN for your Galaxy S5. This is a necessary portion to complete the process.

Quote:

So this is a app the ua spoofer, switch? Please explain. And the access point names which ones do I change and do I change them to anything? Thanks.

Yes. Think of "spoofing" as an alternate word for "pretending". You're telling your web browser to "pretend to be another web browser, installed on a different operating system". You will have to refer to the Google Chrome Extension on how to manipulate the User Agent. Typically, it's "click the button and select a browser/os combo".

Quote:

If I was to run a cm 11.1 rom could that bypass me not needing to do all these workarounds are
would I still need to implement these workarounds? Thanks.

Yes. Theoretically. If there was a version of CyanogenMod that was stable enough for the Samsung Galaxy S5 for T-Mobile, then yes. There would be no need for all of this, since the CM 11.1 or newer (and older) does not include a provisioning tool for network connectivity. The provisioning attachment is a T-Mobile/Samsung exclusive that tries to prevent unauthorized data sharing. HOWEVER, there isn't a CwM recovery available for the S5, just yet. Also, as far as I am aware, CyanogenMod doesn't have a stable OS for replacing the Samsung TouchWiz native Android 4.4.2 os on the Galaxy S5 either. So.. if you throw JellyBean CM onto a KK phone.. you're asking for a brick.
Last edited by LiquidZero; 7th September 2014 at 09:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to LiquidZero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #55  

1,620 posts
Quote:

The top portion explains how to change the APN for your Galaxy S5. This is a necessary portion to complete the process.

Yes. Think of "spoofing" as an alternate word for "pretending". You're telling your web browser to "pretend to be another web browser, installed on a different operating system". You will have to refer to the Google Chrome Extension on how to manipulate the User Agent. Typically, it's "click the button and select a browser/os combo".

Yes. Theoretically. If there was a version of CyanogenMod that was stable enough for the Samsung Galaxy S5 for T-Mobile, then yes. There would be no need for all of this, since the CM 11.1 or newer (and older) does not include a provisioning tool for network connectivity. The provisioning attachment is a T-Mobile/Samsung exclusive that tries to prevent unauthorized data sharing. HOWEVER, there isn't a CwM recovery available for CyanogmenMod, just yet. Also, as far as I am aware, CyanogenMod doesn't have a stable OS for replacing the Samsung TouchWiz native Android 4.4.2 os on the Galaxy S5 either. So.. if you throw JellyBean CM onto a KK phone.. you're asking for a brick.

Very much appreciated my friend!!!
25th October 2014, 12:56 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 40

102 posts
More
I have made NO modifications to my phone regarding tethering & get UNLIMITED since I use a Mac to browse whilst tethered. It takes away from my mobile data (I get 5GB LTE a month) vs. my 100MB tethering. Tethering seems to only count data using a Windoze box.

I've streamed Hulu, downloaded HUGE 2-3GB files, and browsed the web using Chrome without switching the user-agent or maxing out tethering.

Just FYI...
25th October 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #57  
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
I wish I knew more how to make this a .zip Can anyone make this a .zip so we can install it faster? I cant imagine doing this for every rom i try out
26th October 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 1

3 posts
Storage USB?
i was wondering if i could tether through usb ? i would like to usb tether with the Wifi Tether Router by FABIO GRASSO. since i bought it :/
6th November 2014, 10:53 PM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have unlimited solution!!!!!!!
i dont know the technicalities of how or why but i have had unlimited tether and hotspot on my s4 and now also with my s5. all i did was traded for a verizon s4 and activated it on tmobiles network and paid for unlimited data and i cant get 4glte or send or recieve pictures thru my text but what i do have is a service that is called H+ where the 4glte in the top right corner should be. tmobile out the gate said that the verizon s4 is like the only version of s4 that runs different hardware and they cant do anything with them. so i was bummed that i got a slower data tower acess but then i notived that i was clocking torrents at like 2.6 megs and then i downloaded foxfi because my cell number is not recognised thru the phones intertnal hotspot and tether software and i also bought the foxfi key that is 4 dollars or something which was very important cuz BBAAMM just like that i can hot spot tether or download almost 3 megs at the end of my pay period when i have amassed 120 gigs of downloaded data. tmobile cant slow down my H+ service because they are just renting the towers as a third party contractor for me!!!! just got an s5 made for verizon yesterday and im happy to say that its running H+ service and iv tethered like 9 hd movies that are about 2.5 gigs a piece. i told a tmobile guy about it on the phone when i needed help with something and he told me that he has been looking into getting the new iphone6 but after looking at my file and seeeing that im telling the truth he is going to buy a verizon s4 or s5 and do what im doing. its like living the dream every day when i get to play modern combat 5 on the lightrail with my wireless controller conected to multiplayer live....... every day.
8th November 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 27

324 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by undercover nerd

Want tethering to work download this rom all instructions on the thread if link don't work just copy and paste in browser.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2723915

Seriously? Come on bro
Last edited by TigerDNA; 8th November 2014 at 03:44 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread