Ask a question

No registration required

Firetv and display sleep

OP mofofofo

30th May 2014, 06:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I have my Firetv hooked up to a large Dell monitor display and was wondering if there was a way to put the Firetv in a true hibernate mode. Right now when the Firetv goes to sleep, it still prevents my display from sleeping so the backlight remains on. I think this is due to the Firetv always being in standby mode. Is there a way to get my display to sleep when the Firetv goes to sleep? It's quite a nuisance having to go to my display to manually turn it off or having to unplug the Firetv.
30th May 2014, 08:27 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 68

250 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofofofo

I have my Firetv hooked up to a large Dell monitor display and was wondering if there was a way to put the Firetv in a true hibernate mode. Right now when the Firetv goes to sleep, it still prevents my display from sleeping so the backlight remains on. I think this is due to the Firetv always being in standby mode. Is there a way to get my display to sleep when the Firetv goes to sleep? It's quite a nuisance having to go to my display to manually turn it off or having to unplug the Firetv.

The two TV's I have tried it on go to sleep after the FTV does. But there is a cheap work around. I have a older Samsung Monitor that for some reason won't sleep with my CS918S STB. I bought a cheap eForCity 3 PORT HDMI SWITCH. It comes with a remote so I programmed the port buttons to my Harmony remote. When I am done with the box I just put the hdmi swoth on the empty port. Should work for the fire too. The only run about $7 on Amazon.
8th November 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mofofofo

Just checking if anyone has managed to solve this yet? I have the same problem - monitor backlight won't turn off while Fire TV is in sleep mode. As the Fire TV is the only device used with this monitor mounted on a wall, I really want to be able to control it with just the native Fire TV remote and not have to walk over to the monitor to turn it off...
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread