Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Wifi function fail (turning off involuntarily)

OP natefish

10th April 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 97

896 posts
Anyone else having issues with the wifi turning off on its own? Got my S5 yesterday on AT&T. There have been a few times that the wifi will turn off and it can't be turned back on unless I restart.

I've experienced this with wifi settings as is out-of-the-box and when I changed the option to only have it on during sleep while plugged in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
10th April 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #2  
Somewhere on Earth
Thanks Meter: 191

671 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefish

Anyone else having issues with the wifi turning off on its own? Got my S5 yesterday on AT&T. There have been a few times that the wifi will turn off and it can't be turned back on unless I restart.

I've experienced this with wifi settings as is out-of-the-box and when I changed the option to only have it on during sleep while plugged in.

Hmmm...i had none of the problem above. Maybe u should contact Att for an exchange. Must be something wrong with wifi module. Have u also tried to FS ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
16th May 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Wi Fi involuntarily turning off and cannot turn on without rebooting
I'm having the same problem. S5 goes to sleep when waking the wifi is switched off and I cannot turn it on in settings. I have to reboot
17th May 2014, 02:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Southampton
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
More
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambledown

I'm having the same problem. S5 goes to sleep when waking the wifi is switched off and I cannot turn it on in settings. I have to reboot

Try this, go into settings, press wifi, then press the button consisting of 3 dots in the top right corner and then press advanced. where the settings state "keep wifi on during sleep", make sure it is set to always.

also check the wifi timer is not on either.

Let me know how you guys get on
17th May 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up Wi Fi involuntarily turning off and cannot turn on without rebooting
Thanks Natefish, you were right it's worked, no problem now, thanks again
18th May 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 32

158 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambledown

Thanks Natefish, you were right it's worked, no problem now, thanks again

Yes, that's the problem. It is fixed by not using the feature... Great, isn't it?

9th November 2014, 02:44 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 6

60 posts
Quote:

I have the exact same issue and am thinking to call warranty and see what they can do. This happens on any router, very annoying. You can avoid phone restarts btw, just put the phone in airplane mode and back in normal, when you do that it will be able to turn wifi back on. I am wondering is this bug on every att galaxy s5?
this bug occurs when you have the keep WiFi on during sleep option off. this saves a lot of battery, and to me avoiding this option isn't a fix to the problem, because on every android device I have I make sure WiFi turns off during sleep and never had issues reconnecting back when I wake up the device but galaxy s5 has that issue
Last edited by cocinci; 9th November 2014 at 02:50 AM. Reason: details

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread