Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

New 98.72.165.en.US update!! What's included!

OP willflint

16th April 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #51  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 6

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josuearisty

4.2? Really? In case we get an update to a new version, it would be kitkat for sure, but I dont see it in our future!

Enviado desde mi MB520 usando Tapatalk 2

Neither do I.... Well there is always CM and such
19th April 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #52  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 475

1,424 posts
More
The Motorola website says the razr/razr maxx will stay on jellybean. It won't get kit kat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
19th April 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #53  
Flag Sioux Falls
Thanks Meter: 168

831 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBolski

The Motorola website says the razr/razr maxx will stay on jellybean. It won't get kit kat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

True.. RazrM will update to KK in a few weeks. We just got the squeeze put on us.

XT912 RaZR SpYdEr CDMA
hit ThAnKs if I was helpful!!!
12th October 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #54  
Flag Western PA
Thanks Meter: 19

123 posts
More
Just FYI for anyone recently upgrading their RAZR to PagePlus with 4G:
Use Matt's Droid RAZR Utility to completely wipe the phone and reinstall stock ROM. Activate your phone. Don't install any updates - don't do anything else.
Then use the Droid RAZR Utility to root your phone. Right after rooting, install the Voodoo Root Keeper and backup your root. Then temporarily unroot and install the Verizon update. After the Verizon update completes, use Voodoo Root Keeper to restore your root. Then reboot. Then use the Droid RAZR Utility to install SafeStrap. After the utility finishes, go to your app drawer and open the SafeStrap app and install the recovery. Once that's all done, reboot. After rebooting and making sure everything works and that you still have root, reboot and select the recovery (press menu when prompted at boot screen) and go into recovery and make a backup of your fresh install. Then you can add ROMs and all that jazz and get on with your life.

Don't bother trying the Verizon update without having your root backed up with Root Keeper. The Droid RAZR Utility's root exploit won't work after the Verizon update and you'll have to go back through the whole process again - wipe/reinstall/root/backup-root/update/restore-root.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tom2112 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th October 2014, 12:12 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
issue
Hi there, i have one problem with my xt912, when I install stock rom, with rsd lit or razr blade, boots normally, has a good signal, but cant send or receive sms and calls, or if I'll receive sms, its after half an hour or such, can u guys tell me what to do? I am gsm user, and i have tried several stock roms, but same result
9th November 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 4

20 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom2112

Don't bother trying the Verizon update without having your root backed up with Root Keeper. The Droid RAZR Utility's root exploit won't work after the Verizon update and you'll have to go back through the whole process again - wipe/reinstall/root/backup-root/update/restore-root.

Well, that statement is factually incorrect. First, take out SD card, then clear data for smart actions in system settings>apps>all. Then run the exploit, #3 in the RAZR utility. Upon the first reboot, If you hold down pwr, vol up, vol down at the same time, then select BP only. Finally, continue to follow the steps listed in the exploit. You will be rooted.

So, in summary:
The Droid RAZR Utility's root exploit WILL work if you "BP only" in the middle of the first boot. This is the fastest way to root your phone after the NEW 98.72.165 update.
Last edited by MArtyChubbs; 9th November 2014 at 06:09 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread