OP xboxfanj

9th November 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #1711  
midwest
Thanks Meter: 341

2,528 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by remicks

This has been discussed over and over again in this thread and frankly my patience has worn thin with it. If you are too retarded to search the thread or to read back a few pages that's your own fault, not the OP. We have countless testers who have successfully ran this kernel with no issues, myself and the OP included, so just because you got a black screen and didn't attempt the method to fix it that has been posted MULTIPLE times he should remove it? Go buy an iPhone.

[spoiler] As per usual I take no responsibility if any of my suggestions cause your device to brick, explode, melt, raise your house payments, shave your dog or pack up and move to the Bahamas.[/spoiler]

angry or not this kernel should be labeled a beta release.
9th November 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1712  
Thanks Meter: 1,105

2,689 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billydroid

Right, its got some issues. Just trying to clarify the firmware and cid are no the issue. Maybe ruu'ing works. But that's too much effort. Plus I don't have a windows machine.

You can ruu from an external sd card FYI. And it's effortless to Ruu if you have a brain.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I find it amusing that a couple members all of a sudden come in here and bash on the kernel lmao.They want to be hand feed perfection and don't wanna figure out things on there own and expect everything to be 100% even Aosp roms are not 100% if you can't deal with things not working to your likings than stick with a sense Rom and move along

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

angry or not this kernel should be labeled a beta release.

You sir are rather annoying all I see is you complaining in every aosp thread.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dandan2980 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2014, 08:45 PM   |  #1713  
midwest
Thanks Meter: 341

2,528 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandan2980

You can ruu from an external sd card FYI. And it's effortless to Ruu if you have a brain.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

I find it amusing that a couple members all of a sudden come in here and bash on the kernel lmao.They want to be hand feed perfection and don't wanna figure out things on there own and expect everything to be 100% even Aosp roms are not 100% if you can't deal with things not working to your likings than stick with a sense Rom and move along

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

You sir are rather annoying all I see is you complaining in every aosp thread.

Its not complaining if your pointing valid issues out. Its just that some of you dont like to hear it.
9th November 2014, 09:16 PM   |  #1714  
Thanks Meter: 33

59 posts
November 4th works for me, no problem and no RUU. Although epsilon and all others since NV9 except the one in OP gave me the black screen. I am having video playback problems on YouTube and Netflix. Great work xboxfanj, I get amazing battery life out of this.
9th November 2014, 09:33 PM   |  #1715  
Flag East Kilbride
Thanks Meter: 284

1,313 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-this!

Its not complaining if your pointing valid issues out. Its just that some of you dont like to hear it.

Sorry guys but I have to agree with the negativity here. This kernel was fine at nv9 and that should remain the public release until the black screen issues are resolved. Nobody in their right mind would consider a kernel that causes a black screen for a lot of people on boot should be sitting in the OP as if there is nothing wrong. It should be beta/alternative link only.

I lost interest in this thread the moment that black screen issues started and only check in to read back to see if it is fixed. You have to accept you are asking for negativity with a bugged kernel and no real warnings in the OP about it.

Just accept the criticism and update the OP?
The Following User Says Thank You to kickassdave For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th November 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #1716  
Flag Tuscaloosa, Al.
Thanks Meter: 71

584 posts
More
There are literally hundreds of RUUs, finding out which one corrects the black screen might be problems for other people. I could run a RUU even w/o a computer. All you gotta do is rename the RUU zip to 0P6BIMG. You might wanna remove the recovery.IMG before it flashes a different recovery..maybe that user wanted to see a fix included in the OP because of laziness to look back a few pages
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread