Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] XBMC - How to change thumbnail cache location and buffer size?

OP JJ-KwiK

18th September 2014, 02:29 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
More
following.
18th September 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 10

70 posts
More
Can anyone confirm that if you use an external USB drive and link2SD that it will accomplish the same thing? Do all the thumbnails get stored onto the USB drive the same as the rest of the app when you link it up? I have a very extensive library and I don't want this tiny 8 GB drive to fill right up. Thanks.
23rd September 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Having issues subbing my thumbnails folder to my usb drive. For some reason, the below code stops caching of xbmc thumbnails on aftv, but does not cache anything onto the usb stick I have plugged into the back. I have created a thumbnails folder in root of usb called 'tb' and can't figure this out. Stickmount is set be on boot, so it reads the usb, but am I missing something?

<advancedsettings> <pathsubstitution> <substitute> <from>/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from> <to>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/tb/</to> </substitute> </pathsubstitution> </advancedsettings>

Complete newb and would appreciate any help!
24th September 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 9

64 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorched03

Having issues subbing my thumbnails folder to my usb drive. For some reason, the below code stops caching of xbmc thumbnails on aftv, but does not cache anything onto the usb stick I have plugged into the back. I have created a thumbnails folder in root of usb called 'tb' and can't figure this out. Stickmount is set be on boot, so it reads the usb, but am I missing something?

<advancedsettings> <pathsubstitution> <substitute> <from>/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from> <to>/storage/emulated/0/usbStorage/sda1/tb/</to> </substitute> </pathsubstitution> </advancedsettings>

Complete newb and would appreciate any help!

Did you try special://masterprofile/Thumbnails instead?

Also, possible XBMC is starting before your mount is ready? I think it bails if it's not there shortly after it starts.

Finally, try deleting your Textures database to force rebuilding them.
Last edited by KarlP; 24th September 2014 at 01:08 AM.
24th September 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlP

Did you try special://masterprofile/Thumbnails instead?

Also, possible XBMC is starting before your mount is ready? I think it bails if it's not there shortly after it starts.

Finally, try deleting your Textures database to force rebuilding them.

thanks for the help, yes tried the special://masterprofile advanced settings and it didn't work. thumbnails go blank and no other thumbnails load so its the same issue as above.

i guess what i should have stated is that i boot directly into xbmc, then the stickmount note appears at the bottom saying its loaded. given the order, its likely XBMC is starting before mount is ready... is there a fix for that, or should I go back to using kindle loader, run stick mount, then go into xbmc?
25th September 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 7

198 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorched03

thanks for the help, yes tried the special://masterprofile advanced settings and it didn't work. thumbnails go blank and no other thumbnails load so its the same issue as above.

i guess what i should have stated is that i boot directly into xbmc, then the stickmount note appears at the bottom saying its loaded. given the order, its likely XBMC is starting before mount is ready... is there a fix for that, or should I go back to using kindle loader, run stick mount, then go into xbmc?

I haven't had a chance to implement this yet. But I will probably encounter your exact issue as my XBMC auto loads also on the fireTV..

have you figured anything out yet?
9th November 2014, 11:26 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 13

123 posts
More
Any issues with speeds? I did something similar using folder mount to move my data to my USB Drive and the slow speeds were horrible and I had to go back.
also......any update on issues with stickmount not loading before xbmc?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread