Dedicated back to stock W/ files W/ Instructions

Search This thread

dmxsoulja3

Nov 15, 2006
I think you answered your own question :D. Unroot, then boot into recovery, then wipe cache and data. Then you'll be on stock 4.4.2. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that will do it.
Yeah, just make sure you Unroot first, damn this has been a mess. SuperSu is system app so you lose root but the app wont delete, its turning into a mess. Does anyone know in TWRP how I wipe EVERYTHING except where the stock ROM is located?

lanza21

Aug 13, 2014
Can anybody give more detailed instructions? I used the cyanogenmod tool and have no experience with any of the concepts here. Odin just gave me:

<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

hispanomlz

Jul 31, 2008
[4.4.4][t0lte][Aug14] W03 Slim V24 to STOCK!!!

Yippeee!!! Thanks for this post, needed to return my at&t Note 2 back to stock (from 4.4.4) so that I could use the subsidy unlock. This worked like charm. I spent more time worrying that this might brick my phone than it actually took to return it to stock! I am one very happy user!!

Reactions: slaydog

zxcvbnmn

Jun 6, 2012
Having trouble installing custom ROM after this

I was previously running OmniRom 4.4.?, when I managed to completely mess up updating, soft bricking my phone.

I followed these steps, except the unroot device step (I don't want stock). I'm trying to install a custom 4.4 ROM, but all of them get stuck in bootloop. Do I need a more recent bootloader (I checked before installing, and it is UCAMH3) for these ROMs? Is going directly from this to a custom 4.4 not possible? I've tried OmniROM (4.4.4), CM11 (4.4.4), SlimBean (4.3) with CWM and TWRP, and all of them get stuck at the boot animation. I've tried wiping data/factory reset after installing a ROM, but that doesn't work.

The only ROM I got to successfully boot was UCUBMK6 via ODIN, but I don't remember what thread I found it on here. I tried installing a custom ROM from there, but it got stuck as well. Thank you.

Doom878

Jul 14, 2008
Miami
So I'm trying to flash the stock ROM via Odin 3.10 while in Download mode. First time it failed. Then the next few times I would hit start on Odin and nothing happened. It would just sit there. Stuck at setup connection

Last edited:

Doom878

Jul 14, 2008
Miami
Well after trying Odin with 2 different stock ROMs, 2 differnt USB cables, Kies not connecting to it, I'm officially calling my Note 2 DOA. Any help would be appreciated before I call AT&T tomorrow to claim my insurance.

Feb 26, 2011
Well after trying Odin with 2 different stock ROMs, 2 differnt USB cables, Kies not connecting to it, I'm officially calling my Note 2 DOA. Any help would be appreciated before I call AT&T tomorrow to claim my insurance.

Hi,
Are you positive that your USB driver is installed correctly and working? I have had issues with the driver being a little funky and I had to reboot the computer and phone both, several times before the phone and computer both recognized and connected to each other. From what you are saying is happening, this sounds like a possible problem. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Doom878

Doom878

Jul 14, 2008
Miami
Hi,
Are you positive that your USB driver is installed correctly and working? I have had issues with the driver being a little funky and I had to reboot the computer and phone both, several times before the phone and computer both recognized and connected to each other. From what you are saying is happening, this sounds like a possible problem. Hope this helps.

Yeah I rebooted the computer and the phone had the battery taken out a million times. Thanks for the suggestion but I went ahead and called AT&T and filed a claim. They're sending me a Note 4 later today :good:

Deafz1

Nov 9, 2014
What if my phone will not go into custom recovery mode but can still enter download mode? Will this work the same?

CJG560

Oct 5, 2014
Almost

Followed directions several times and everything works except as soon as I boot back into stock recovery at the end to wipe data and cache everything goes back to reading custom in Odin mode and if I accept the ota update the phone hangs and I have to reflash everything and the cycle repeats. I have also tried flashing cyanogenmod then following steps with same outcome.

Oct 15, 2014
Please don't forget to Thank

The files provided are only for phone I317 and not I317M

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490003986

Instructions:

1. Download "back to stock" zip folder I uploaded. It contains all the files needed. No need to search around.

2. Unzip the file and extract the folder to your desktop.

3. Open folder and install Samsung drivers if not already done so.

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume up, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

5. Once in recovery... delete data, system, cache, dev cache like you want to flash a new rom. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery or see option for power off device under custom recovery.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume down, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

7. Now open odin3.07 I provided in the folder u downloaded. Once open connect your phone via usb. Windows should install device drivers. Once thats done, you should see com## on the Odin software.

8. On odin software you should see button called PDA. Click on it and browse to the file called KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar. in the folder provided by me. select it and hit ok. Odin will process the file. It will take max 2 to 3 min.

9. Before you click start on Odin make sure auto reboot and F. reset time is checked only. Everything else unchecked. Click start button. Odin will start flashing the factory firmware. It will take time.

10. Once Odin is done flashing. phone will reboot. Now you can disconnect the usb cable. When phone is fully rebooted, skip all the prompt and get to home screen.

11. Turn the phone off again and get into download mode. Connect usb cable to computer with Odin open. Click Pda and select file called CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar. Let Odin process it and then click start. Once flashing the root file is done. Phone should reboot to home screen. Now you have root. The reason we need root is to get rid of counter # in download more. It should say zero.

12. Connect your phone to computer while on the home screen. Open phone internal storage and go to download folder and copy Triangle away.apk into it.

13. Go into settings and security and check unknown sources.

14. Go to apps and open application "my file". Go to download folder and select triangle away application to install. install it. Open application application and scroll down and select reset counter option. Make sure your are connected to wifi. Confirm you phone is I317 and triangle away will download the file. Your phone should reboot into some type of reset counter recovery screen. follow the instruction on the screen to reset the counter. After that phone should reboot.

15. Once rebooted uninstall triangle away apk. Now open super user application and scrool down and click fully unroot. When done go into stock recovery and clear data and cache. reboot phone. All done. Your counter is set to zero. Your phone should read normal under settings.

Some people might not be able to OTA update after flashing the firmware in the zip because ATT takes the updates off their server after new one comes out. Find the latest ODIN firmware file and flash that after you are done with all my steps.

Enjoy.

Thanks to chainfire for his triangle away app and root for our device.

Can I ask why do I need to have custom recovery on my device before using this package?

Oct 15, 2014

Instructions:

1. Download "back to stock" zip folder I uploaded. It contains all the files needed. No need to search around.

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume up, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

5. Once in recovery... delete data, system, cache, dev cache like you want to flash a new rom. Turn the phone off by pulling the battery or see option for power off device under custom recovery.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume down, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

7. Now open odin3.07 I provided in the folder u downloaded. Once open connect your phone via usb. Windows should install device drivers. Once thats done, you should see com## on the Odin software.

8. On odin software you should see button called PDA. Click on it and browse to the file called KIES_HOME_I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_215287_REV04_user_low_ship.tar. in the folder provided by me. select it and hit ok. Odin will process the file. It will take max 2 to 3 min.

9. Before you click start on Odin make sure auto reboot and F. reset time is checked only. Everything else unchecked. Click start button. Odin will start flashing the factory firmware. It will take time.

10. Once Odin is done flashing. phone will reboot. Now you can disconnect the usb cable. When phone is fully rebooted, skip all the prompt and get to home screen.

11. Turn the phone off again and get into download mode. Connect usb cable to computer with Odin open. Click Pda and select file called CF-Auto-Root-t0lteatt-t0lteatt-samsungsghi317.tar. Let Odin process it and then click start. Once flashing the root file is done. Phone should reboot to home screen. Now you have root. The reason we need root is to get rid of counter # in download more. It should say zero.

12. Connect your phone to computer while on the home screen. Open phone internal storage and go to download folder and copy Triangle away.apk into it.

14. Go to apps and open application "my file". Go to download folder and select triangle away application to install. install it. Open application application and scroll down and select reset counter option. Make sure your are connected to wifi. Confirm you phone is I317 and triangle away will download the file. Your phone should reboot into some type of reset counter recovery screen. follow the instruction on the screen to reset the counter. After that phone should reboot.

15. Once rebooted uninstall triangle away apk. Now open super user application and scrool down and click fully unroot. When done go into stock recovery and clear data and cache. reboot phone. All done. Your counter is set to zero. Your phone should read normal under settings.

Some people might not be able to OTA update after flashing the firmware in the zip because ATT takes the updates off their server after new one comes out. Find the latest ODIN firmware file and flash that after you are done with all my steps.

Enjoy.

My phone is still showing the knox counter at 1 (it was at 14 before running triangle away). when I enter download mode my binary status is still listed as custom after following the post's instructions. any help would be appreciated.

bassyov

Jan 15, 2015
Hope this fix the signal/network issue..

BTW, I did a "FREE NETWORK UNLOCK" on my i317, will this back to stock method revert the settings to ATT network sim lock?

TIA!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Free mobile app

travissand

May 19, 2009
Hilo
Stock is the most Stable.

Thank you Thank you Thankyou. For some reason every custom rom I try would not work right. I even tried prerooted mostly stock roms. This back to stock even let me do the ota updates but only after I finished every instruction in the 1st post. Now I will root and tweek the hell out of it to make it nice. so far 10 hours and only down to 87% battery. I wish the custom roms where this stable they could have saved me lots of time.

I was confused about the final instruction "Find the latest ODIN firmware file and flash that after you are done with all my steps." I was trying to ota update without unrooting and it was failing so I thought this may be why but I could not figure out where the ODIN firmware was so I finished unrooting and now the OTA is working. Was this link the firmware you where talking about? http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SGH-I317/

Last edited:

deelipkumarsahu

Jan 17, 2014
Bhubaneswar
Finally Back to STOCK :) and unlocked

Enjoy.

THANK YOU THANK YOU to all who have contributed in this.
Thanks a lot for the information, I followed the exact steps and now I am back to STOCK, with 0 root counter & result below for my AT&T Note II. Attached screen shot for the KNOX warranty, and about device after the updates.
Android version: 4.1.1
Baseband version: i317UCALJ2
Kernel version: 3.0.31-215287
Build number: JRO03C.i317UCALJ2
Before this, my Note II was running on Slim ROM(Slim-t0lteatt-4.4.2.build.4-OFFICIAL-3693 ).

Now my ODIN MODE (Download Mode) in AT&T Note II shows the below
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I317
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: Official

After this STOCK I am able to connect to Samsung KIES(New updated version).
1st update(via Firmware Over the Air (FOTA)) showed up in the phone and as well as in KIES(Same update of February 2013) and in fact I updated the phone OS using KIES to the
Android version: 4.1.2
Baseband version: I317UCAMA4
Then forwarded the date to one day and got the 2nd OTA but waited for the update to be shown up in KIES, but did not showed up in KIES.

Then finally updated 2nd OTA over Wi-Fi and below is the result
Android version: 4.3
Baseband version: I317UCUBMK6
Kernel version: 3.0.31-2048209
Build number: JSS15J.I317UCUBMK6

Then updated 3rd OTA over Wi-Fi and below is the result
Software (Android) version: 4.4.2
Baseband version: I317UCUCNE5
Kernel version: 3.0.31-1728680
Build number: KOT49H.I317UCUCNE5

Now waiting for the 'Baseband version: I317UCUCNJ1' update to show up.
Attached screen shot for the Knox warranty, and about device after the updates.

The main reason I want the STOCK was to unlock my phone, after putting 4.4.2 Slim ROM, I was not able to get the SIM unlock menu by dialing the keys *#197328640#, usually when you press the last # it should come up with the Service Menu, but in my case it was not showing up any menu just the code in the dial-er.
Then I waited for around 1 year to finish my contract with AT&T and got my unlock code, but the code did not worked as well and gave me error as 'request to unlock network unsuccessful' & tried 4 times and the resulted with same error.
Then I decided to go with the stock rom with ALJ2 and finally I was able to unlock my phone with the Service Menu by *#197328640#, tested with T-Mobile SIM card.
:good::good:

Reactions: gregsarg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:

Enjoy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2fs1xhkvoljk3yz/back%20to%20stock.rar

Instructions:

4. Now make sure you have root and custom recovery on the phone. Turn the phone off. Hold volume down, home and power button at the same time.Wait till u see custom recovery screen and then let go off all the buttons.

6. Once the phone is completely off lets get into download mode. Hold volume up, home and power button until you see the screen with an option to press volume up to get into download. Press volume up to enter download mode when asked.

You can update your phone under settings from att servers.

Enjoy.

This is great but question?...Why not use UCAMA4 instead of UCALJ2, it is available on SamMobile already and has been for some time now. Just a suggestion you know.
    Excellent write up TG...
    I RECOMMEND THAT THIS THREAD BE MADE A STICKY...
    It's a keeper...
    Many thanks....g
    Yep...network and update limitations apply of course.
    At least 2 days based on the 24 hour network clock....g

No need to wait 24 hours. Go in settings then clock. Manually fwd date. After every update. Only three updates have been issued by ATT so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium