[GUIDE][UPDATED] How to deodex stock kitkat roms

Search This thread

El_PiOjO

Nov 14, 2011
Buenos Aires
Samsung T311

Hi!

I did the process on my Galaxy Tab T311 and It worked. But after flashing, google play is crashing every time I want to open it. (Algo Google Chrome).

What should I do? Re flash and re deodex the rom? :crying: (I already wipe cache and dalvik and nothing happens).

masterross

Apr 13, 2005
Try to clear Google play data from app manager

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

StaticMaal

Jul 26, 2010
Raleigh,NC
It won't deodex the files I get
Starting deodex...
Deodexed files are stored in system\app, system\priv-app, system\ framework folder.
Press any key to continue.
I do and it goes back to the main menu. Any ideas?

matt_b

Apr 19, 2010
Wichita
The program seems to pull, deodex and compile correctly, but the zip will not flash in safestrap. I am met with a simple "failed" error right after it skips the md5 check. Using the SGH-I537. Coming from stock rooted NH3.

EDIT:

For some reason it was not adding an updater script to the zip. Got that taken care of and worked great, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: namitutonka

easyrider77

Dec 3, 2009
Will it hurt to rename the zip file so I can more easily remember what that zip is for? say from what the program names it to like My_de-odexed_backup.zip, would that mess the file up in any way, does it rely somehow on a name like withing the zip it's looking for a specified name?

Edit:
Finally got a zip file made, and everything system wide is apk only, no odex files in the zip.
I am useing twrp 2.8 latest to flash it. I go to format data, then clear caches, then install the zip and it gets stuck at the samsung galaxy s4 black screen. My phone is a sprint s4 sph-l720T.

Yes I do have a stock rooted nanadroid backup, as well as an official firmware file, so reflashing is not an issue.

So I do something wrong or do I just chalk this up as it won't work on this phone?

Last edited:

DarkAngel

Aug 1, 2006
Arizona
Will it hurt to rename the zip file so I can more easily remember what that zip is for? say from what the program names it to like My_de-odexed_backup.zip, would that mess the file up in any way, does it rely somehow on a name like withing the zip it's looking for a specified name?

Edit:
Finally got a zip file made, and everything system wide is apk only, no odex files in the zip.
I am useing twrp 2.8 latest to flash it. I go to format data, then clear caches, then install the zip and it gets stuck at the samsung galaxy s4 black screen. My phone is a sprint s4 sph-l720T.

Yes I do have a stock rooted nanadroid backup, as well as an official firmware file, so reflashing is not an issue.

So I do something wrong or do I just chalk this up as it won't work on this phone?

It should work. You do not need to format data as these are system files, well at least I didn't. Honestly, I have used the original tool on all my phones, specially my L600 ( Mega ) phone. I actually manually pulled my App, Framework & Priv-App folders and manually placed them in the correct area to De-Odex. Unfortunately I have left development for the L600 and wont be very active there as much. Afterwards, I just modified a flashable zip from another model Samsung phone, replaced/modified all the files needed inside and flashed all the new folders/apks setting permissions where needed. There are a couple more de-odex tools on here as well, just have to look around. They all work good. Just take apart the flashable zip and use Notepad++ to open the scripts and see what it asks for and modify what's needed for you.

charbelaj71

Apr 18, 2014
Beirouth
For those doesnt know how to deodex kitkat roms, here is a guide to deodex your rom
This tool is based on kamome tool for Xperia 4.4, so i edit it a little:laugh:

ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP

Pre-requested :
  1. Java
  2. Rooted phone
  3. Odexed rom
  4. USB Debugging enabled (If you want to pull files from your device)
  5. Custom Recovery (Tested on CWM)

Download :
Kitkat_Deodexer
Mirror 1
Mirror 2
Please dont make another mirrors

Guide :
  1. Extract downloaded tool
  2. Run main.bat
  3. Type 1 to create working folder
  4. Plug in your phone, then type 2 to pull files from your device
    This step can be skipped if you manually copy /system/app, /system/framework, /system/priv-app to /Kitkat_Deodexer/system
  5. Type 3 to start deodexing
  6. Type 4 to create flashable zip
    This step also can be skipped if you want to build your own flashable zip by editing updater-script
  7. Done

To install it :
  1. Copy deodex_install.zip to your sdcard
  2. Go to CWM recovery
  3. Flash the zip
  4. Done

Credits :
Thanks to @hagurekamome
@RyokoN

If you dont understand, broken link, errors, please reply ;)

i have TWRP will the install work ?

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
Thanks for the tool and the info.

I successfully deodexed a T-Mo Note Edge and created the zip file.

I next did the same to another Edge (Sprint), and the generated deodex install zip did not contain meta-inf nor the del_odex script in it. Strange....

I copied those files/folders from the T-Mo zip and it worked fine.

liv3dn8as

Dec 19, 2009
Hixton
just for the sake of trying, I've tested this on my Stock SCH-I545 Verizon S4 with success! Running NC5 Baseband! Thanks!!!

Forgot to add that I am Safestrapped as well! :)

Last edited:

XetreME

Dec 5, 2014
bootlooping problem

i am using samsung galaxy s4 i9500
after flashing the zip file and rebooting the process stops at flashing of samsung logo,
so whats the solution to overcome this bootlooping ??:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those doesnt know how to deodex kitkat roms, here is a guide to deodex your rom
    This tool is based on kamome tool for Xperia 4.4, so i edit it a little:laugh:

ALWAYS DO A NANDROID BACKUP

Pre-requested :
    1. Java
    2. Rooted phone
    3. Odexed rom
    4. USB Debugging enabled (If you want to pull files from your device)
    5. Custom Recovery (Tested on CWM)

Download :
    Non Zipalign :
    Kitkat_Deodexer
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

With Zipalign
    Kitkat_Deodexer_With_Zipalign
    Mirror 1

Guide :
    1. Extract downloaded tool
    2. Run main.bat
    3. Type 1 to create working folder
    4. Plug in your phone, then type 2 to pull files from your device
      This step can be skipped if you manually copy /system/app, /system/framework, /system/priv-app to /Kitkat_Deodexer/system
    5. Type 3 to start deodexing
    6. Type 4 to zipalign apks (not tested by me)
    7. Type 5 to create flashable zip
      This step also can be skipped if you want to build your own flashable zip by editing updater-script
    8. Done

To install it :
    1. Copy deodex_install.zip to your sdcard
    2. Go to CWM recovery
    3. Flash the zip
    4. Done

Note:
    1. Zipalign tested and worked by @thisisapoorusernamechoice

Credits :
    Thanks to @hagurekamome
    @RyokoN
    @liv3dn8as for adding zipalign

If you dont understand, broken link, errors, please reply ;)
    @AndikaTedja
    I'm sorry but what does zipalign mean for in the first post? What does it do?
    As i remember from other xda member, zipalign allows apps to run with low ram usage
    In this tool, it zipalign your apps after deodex process completed
    Hello hello Bro....can you please check the download link?it does not work to me...or i am doing something wrong?
    Special thanks in advance!:laugh:

I am sorry...the link is perfect the mistake was mine!
    From usb donggle i couldnt dowloadthe file...please forgive me!
    Try these links
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2
    Please dont make another mirror ;)

Thaaaanks...

I've been waiting for this from ages ago

I'll let you know the results

really thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Okay ;)
    Worked on my Galaxy Tab 4 10.1

I just wanted to say thank you again to @AndikaTedja for this extremely useful tool! :D

For anyone interested, this worked perfectly on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T530NU on build no. UEU1ANK1 4.4.2 KitKat. Main.bat wasn't able to pull the required directories, so I did that myself using ES smb. Other than that everything worked exactly as it should, I chose the option to zipalign too. I was able to flash the zip file created by the tool in TWRP 2.8.4.0. Just remember the first boot will probably take a very long time, so be patient and make sure your battery is charged before trying this.
    on 9506 4.4.2 stock, looks like it work...

but after flashing zip i need to clear cache or something, or after flashing it, it's all done?

i did it just to use this mod but it doesn't work, and i don't know if depends on the incorrect deodex or in the mod
    Basically when you deodex a ROM you are extracting the classes.dex from the odex files and placing them inside the apk and jar files they belong to and the first time you reboot after deodexing, the classes.dex from your newly deodexed apk and jar files get copied to /data/dalvik-cache
    Because that's all that really changes, no wiping is needed.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Ive used this tool a couple times to deodex the stock firmwares for my phone and it deodexes the apk and jar files just fine. It does have a couple issues though.
    First, when I use the new version with zipalign, I get a notification when I reboot saying that "application installer has stopped." This really isn't a big deal since I can use Ricky's ROM Kitchen (which ironically doesn't work correctly for deodexing lol) to zipalign everything.
    Second, the first time I used this tool (the old version without zipalign) everything worked perfectly but now, for some reason, the odex files are still present in the app, priv-app, and framework folders and have to be deleted manually. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the del_odex.sh file is missing from the zip and when I use 7zip to copy it into the new zip it works just fine.

My device is Samsung Galaxy Avant SM-G386T.