FXP Team Delivers Lollipop to Various Xperia Devices!

From all of us here at XDA-Developers, we’d like to wish you Happy Holidays! If … more

Turn Your Camera Into a Live Puzzle Game

The classic sliding puzzle game hasnt changed much, if at all, over the years. Dating all the way … more

Samsung Begins Production of 8 Gb RAM Chips

With the release of Android 5.0, our favorite mobile operating system has become 64-bit ready. … more

CM, Micromax and OnePlus – Sales Ban Lifted

It’s less than a week since our recent in-depth analysis of the legal battle over the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

HDMI-cable and joypad for LG G2

OP alexsoin

20th January 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #11  
Flag Auburn Hills, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 80

433 posts
More
Something like this should work:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Slimport-MyD...item19e77502af
I bought one that looks exactly like this, I don't have the exact link but this is the same thing. You have to plug in the USB to a wall charger or PC USB port, and you need to be on a stock rom because slimport doesn't work with any of the CM or AOSP based roms I tried.

Using this cable, the G2 actually outputs a pretty good video feed at 1080P. The colors look a bit washed out on my PC monitor but the speed is good and games can run at around 40+ FPS (as opposed to 60 FPS when not using slimport and just running on the phone). I also use the Moga Pro controller, it's Bluetooth and has very little input lag, I don't have a PS3 controller.

I just wish CM would fix slimport, it is a huge feature for me.
5th November 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #12  
Flag Kaunas
Thanks Meter: 4

175 posts
Donate to Me
More
I just bought recently G2, came from S3, very good phone Im happy with it and its quiet interesting to connect it to TV and gamepad... I think I will try buy one of those EBAY slimports to test it, but Im thinking about cheap chinese ps3 controller, anyone tried it on this phone for gaming? And is it worth to play games like this? Because alot of games uses alot of touches
6th November 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 4

32 posts
More
Hmm, I have a question, what about to connect Xbox controller via USB to phone ? The external power is demanding ?

Wysłane z mojego LG-D802 przy użyciu Tapatalka
10th November 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 166

731 posts
More
Info 2
So, basically :

* MHL cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for CM & AOSP based rom )

* SLIMPORT cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for STOCK based rom )

It's correct ?
10th November 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #15  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 112

909 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON

So, basically :

* MHL cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for CM & AOSP based rom )

* SLIMPORT cable => to connect USB port of LG G2 to HDMI of the TV ( only for STOCK based rom )

It's correct ?

Would love to know this as well
10th November 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 166

731 posts
More
Strange, on ebay I can see always cable with "MHL" and "SLIMPORT", both...

Like this :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/CABLE-ADAPTAD...item540ec8021f
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread